E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > >>>>Pipe & Slippers Meet (Sun 30th Nov)

10-31-2008, 06:24 AM   #23
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
crashed the JAG
      10-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #24
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
crashed the JAG
Oh no, what happened is it bad? Are you OK? Is the car OK?

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #25
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hope you're ok James :
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #26
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
crashed the JAG

Bugger! - pics?
      10-31-2008, 07:37 AM   #27
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
no think I might have written it off... I'm fine apart from some bruising to my ego... and er, don't even ask about the cost (!)

First car I've ever crashed... and I picked a frikking Classic Jag worth more than 5 of my cars put together to do it in !!!

Was going well... really smooth considering it was running dry Dunlops, then the track got damper and It was moving around a little, bit snappy, so I backed off. Remember this car only weighs 1000kg and normally has better handling (IN THE DRY!) than my e93

Went around lavant, slowly I might add, and then was on the straight, past the first apex point, drift to the right, then aim left, so was in third, just feeding the power in - literally "feeding" - and "Wham", car's rear end kicks out hard to the left, I counter, can't catch it and it goes earth sky earth sky earth sky and I hit the tyre wall at 80mph.... Spun it about 8 times I reckon from the pics.

I've NEVER seen a car go off to the RIGHT before... so weird... even the marshalls were surprised. There's like 3 metres of grass that side and then a 5 foot wall. SO NO run off... Cars just don't go off that side... I bloody managed it...

My fault, too fast I guess, but damn I was being careful AND I had taken the bend so smoothly. The car let go on the straight !!! bloody Dunlops.

The front end is gone.... Know I've crushed the sub frame I just hope the Bulkhead isn't knackered or it could be a total loss.... I just couldn't bear to look at the guys face who had just spent 2 f-ing years putting it all back together... he was just speechless...

Am actually really upset about this, and am having serious issues with the whole thing... Went over the crash like 80 million times in my head last night and just couldn't see how I could have done anything different other than simply slowing down (of course!) the owner is PISSED to say the least.

SJ
      10-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #28
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Sorry to hear this James. Where were you? what circuit?

you lost it at 80mph? impact must have been 45-50. No wonder it wrecked the car. Lucky you were not hurt mate. Life is more precious than metal.

The guy let you drive it, so dont feel bad. If he was that worried about his car he wouldnt let anyone drive it.
      10-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #29
Evil Diesel
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Glad you're ok - could have been rather nasty.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #30
marriedblonde
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 330 sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
Your CSL is lovely and is a very special car (even if it does have only two pedals, are we ever going to stop our auto V manual debate??) I'd rather have a Porsche and I don't like being called nasty things because I drive a BMW Everyone likes Classic Cars and Porsches
Really? All the porsche owners I know get called w4nker almost every day.... To be fair a few of them are
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #31
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Sorry to hear your news James, but as other's have commented, it's a car that's hopefully repairable.

Your OK, don't beat yourself up about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #32
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Sorry to hear that James.

Glad you are ok though, and hope it can be fixed.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #33
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
You are in one piece that's the main thing. Don't worry James, this is racing...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #34
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Really sorry to hear this Jimbo - we''ll cheer you up with some comical japes on Dec 5th - but in the meantime count at least some blessings that YOU are in one piece. Im sure the owner is pissed, i would be, you would be - but thats racing and he knew the risks as you did when you got behind the wheel. Its a cold harsh reminder of just how dangerous sitting in lumps of metal can be when it goes wrong. Im about to thrash my CSL around Brands in a few weeks and its a very sobering thought. Im just pleased to hear that you are one piece.
ps; bet your trousers REALLY smelled of poo this time!!!!
      10-31-2008, 12:10 PM   #35
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedblonde View Post
Really? All the porsche owners I know get called w4nker almost every day.... To be fair a few of them are
LOL Well no one has ever said anything horrible to me while I've been a Porsche owner but whatever BMW I have owned people have always made nasty comments about either it or me for driving it!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #36
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no think I might have written it off... I'm fine apart from some bruising to my ego... and er, don't even ask about the cost (!)

First car I've ever crashed... and I picked a frikking Classic Jag worth more than 5 of my cars put together to do it in !!!

Was going well... really smooth considering it was running dry Dunlops, then the track got damper and It was moving around a little, bit snappy, so I backed off. Remember this car only weighs 1000kg and normally has better handling (IN THE DRY!) than my e93

Went around lavant, slowly I might add, and then was on the straight, past the first apex point, drift to the right, then aim left, so was in third, just feeding the power in - literally "feeding" - and "Wham", car's rear end kicks out hard to the left, I counter, can't catch it and it goes earth sky earth sky earth sky and I hit the tyre wall at 80mph.... Spun it about 8 times I reckon from the pics.

I've NEVER seen a car go off to the RIGHT before... so weird... even the marshalls were surprised. There's like 3 metres of grass that side and then a 5 foot wall. SO NO run off... Cars just don't go off that side... I bloody managed it...

My fault, too fast I guess, but damn I was being careful AND I had taken the bend so smoothly. The car let go on the straight !!! bloody Dunlops.

The front end is gone.... Know I've crushed the sub frame I just hope the Bulkhead isn't knackered or it could be a total loss.... I just couldn't bear to look at the guys face who had just spent 2 f-ing years putting it all back together... he was just speechless...

Am actually really upset about this, and am having serious issues with the whole thing... Went over the crash like 80 million times in my head last night and just couldn't see how I could have done anything different other than simply slowing down (of course!) the owner is PISSED to say the least.

SJ
So sorry to hear about this I really am, very sorry to hear about the car - well you know how much I love Classic Cars

These things happen but you will be upset about it and will most likely review your driving.

Classics handle fantastically in the dry but in the wet a completely different ball game. Sometimes it takes these things to happen to learn your most important lessons. Even if it is just to really know your cars capabilities!

I hope the car is not written off, there are not enough Classics in this world as it is

What is most important is that you are well and you take away something from this no matter how small it is.

You will recover from this and be a better driver for it.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #37
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
thanks guys... had dinner with the boss last night and he didn't even mention it.. Was actually really nervous to see him... It's just SUCH an expensive mistake I've made and I can't imagine just burning THAT much money in a 10 second crash.... Shit...!

I've got this wooky life debt on the guy now... never be able to pay him back probably :/

Thanks for all the comment though, this will be one of those "in ten years you'll look back and have a good laugh...."

Hope so !

SJ
      11-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #38
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I hope so too, when all said and done these things do happen

Glad that the man whose car it was didn't say anything, when all said and done he left it in your hands so can't really say anything! Of course he'll be as gutted as you about this.

Look to the future At least you can say you've drove such a wonderful car, how many can say that? I too hope you can laugh about this in ten years I hope you didn't think my last post was harsh.

...and whoever it was who was asking for pictures, I find that in awfully bad taste!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #39
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
LOL Well no one has ever said anything horrible to me while I've been a Porsche owner but whatever BMW I have owned people have always made nasty comments about either it or me for driving it!
Ive never experianced any negative comments about my car being a BMW.

Is it a notts thing do you think?
      11-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #40
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Ive never experianced any negative comments about my car being a BMW.

Is it a notts thing do you think?
Don't know maybe, perhaps is a Notts / Derby thing, unfortunate as it really puts me off buying BMWs, at least with this one I've got at the moment I can say it's just for the winter.

Pity because I really like them! Not that bothered what people think but can do without people being nasty about it, if you know what I mean.

Never have anything bad said about Porsche though with someone else said they get bad feedback elsewhere! So maybe different areas don't like different cars, unfortunately I live where the BMW haters are

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #41
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

will try to come how do i get the england flag under my name please is there any news on the nightime london photoshoot that was mentioned on the oct 15th meeting?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #42
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
how do i get the england flag under my name please
Quick links, edit details, country you live in, save changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #43
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Right whose coming to this?
      11-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #44
G33
Colonel