E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF Exhaust Installed. Pictures Inside

06-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #397
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
finally got my downpipes and exhaust done. Will post up some vids soon
Downpipes and VRSF exhaust? Post up vids asap please
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #398
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
Won't work for me...click it and I go to photobucket and no vid?
sorry dont know what the problem is,maybe you need a photobucket account.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #399
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Won't work for me...click it and I go to photobucket and no vid?
got it on youtube finally,
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #400
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx03 View Post
Any chance you can have someone film you driving off?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #401
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Any chance you can have someone film you driving off?
sure ill try and get that done soon
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #402
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

sounds stock...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #403
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
sweet! I'd that a child start? Sounds louder than stock wich is a great thing....very clean sound to. I am turn between this and the stainless steel akropovic exhaust.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #404
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
sweet! I'd that a child start? Sounds louder than stock wich is a great thing....very clean sound to. I am turn between this and the stainless steel akropovic exhaust.
yea its a cold start thats why i let it settle down a little before revving
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #405
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sure ill try and get that done soon
That would be much appreciated if you could. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #406
ibjuniororeo
I want to go fast!
Rep
Drives: M340i

On the install, did you guys have the first v-band closest to the DP touch the floorboard on along with the pipe closes to the muffler at the mandrel bend touch the floorboard? I love the deep sound at low rpm's though.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #407
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjuniororeo
On the install, did you guys have the first v-band closest to the DP touch the floorboard on along with the pipe closes to the muffler at the mandrel bend touch the floorboard? I love the deep sound at low rpm's though.
How did you get the y-pipe on there? My shop cant get it to fit on at all and they've been messing with it all day...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #408
ibjuniororeo
I want to go fast!
Rep
Drives: M340i

I have the VRSF DP so I think that helps. But my shop hard a hard time with the install overall. He was not too happy n was gonna customize to make it fit like it should but he didn't have any piping that size laying around. I still love the sound although its not a perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #409
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjuniororeo View Post
I have the VRSF DP so I think that helps. But my shop hard a hard time with the install overall. He was not too happy n was gonna customize to make it fit like it should but he didn't have any piping that size laying around. I still love the sound although its not a perfect fit.
I have VRSF DP too but the shop doing mine had a huge pain doing it. I'm not saying don't buy the exhaust, but it did not just bolt up easily with no issues. I'll have pictures later for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #410
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjuniororeo View Post
The first v-band requires a bit of clearancing of the heat shield, not floor board. This can be easily pressed upwards to make room, it takes less than a minute with the correct tools.

Quote:
How did you get the y-pipe on there? My shop cant get it to fit on at all and they've been messing with it all day...
Where exact did they have a fitment issue? If they are having issues bolting them up, I suggest they unbolt the v-bands at the turbo since they may have the DP's oriented incorrectly. The stock mid pipes separate which allow the DP's more room to move freely but our Y pipe requires that the downpipes are aligned correctly.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #411
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep

my hangs low as shit i wish it hit the heat shields up top
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #412
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
I have VRSF DP too but the shop doing mine had a huge pain doing it. I'm not saying don't buy the exhaust, but it did not just bolt up easily with no issues. I'll have pictures later for you guys.
I told you this yet you didn't believe me. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #413
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I told you this yet you didn't believe me. Lol.
Yea I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Where exact did they have a fitment issue? If they are having issues bolting them up, I suggest they unbolt the v-bands at the turbo since they may have the DP's oriented incorrectly. The stock mid pipes separate which allow the DP's more room to move freely but our Y pipe requires that the downpipes are aligned correctly.
It was bolting up the y-pipe but yea we loosened the v-bands at the turbos. i don't know exactly since I haven't picked up the exhaust yet but he just said it was a pain to do.

I will say this though. As always Tiago's customer service was well beyond expectations. I will get more into this later when I do a little mini review in hear along with some vids before it breaking in just for some of you guys
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #414
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea I know
Can you detail what made the XI so difficult to install? Last I checked we didn't run I to any install issues with those.

Quote:
It was bolting up the y-pipe but yea we loosened the v-bands at the turbos. i don't know exactly since I haven't picked up the exhaust yet but he just said it was a pain to do.

I will say this though. As always Tiago's customer service was well beyond expectations. I will get more into this later when I do a little mini review in hear along with some vids before it breaking in just for some of you guys
So the y pipe bolted up correctly after loosening up the downpipes right? Can you confirm hat's the issue they were having? If so that doesn't sound like an issue with the product but an experience issue with the installer. The same thing has to be done with the AMS or the HPF exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #415
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Can you detail what made the XI so difficult to install? Last I checked we didn't run I to any install issues with those.

So the y pipe bolted up correctly after loosening up the downpipes right? Can you confirm hat's the issue they were having? If so that doesn't sound like an issue with the product but an experience issue with the installer. The same thing has to be done with the AMS or the HPF exhaust.
In response to the first one its not xi he was saying he told me it wouldn't fit. I can confirm that it fit now it just took some work. Took a little bit but it fits. We had the downpipes loosened and just had to move them a good bit to get it to bolt up but it did. Other than that it's definitely good quality. I will say this, sound is awesome. Very happy with it. I"ll post up a video of it revving today even though its not broken in. Sounds amazing in my opinion.

Last edited by psmitty95; 06-15-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #416
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Sorry this is late but got a video for you guys. Keep in mind this is right after install so the exhaust isn't even broken in yet.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #417
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Mini Review

Well finally had some time to grab some videos today and do a short little write-up. Figured i'd post it in here instead of making another thread. Anyways here's my review on the exhaust so far.

First and foremost as always Tiago's customer service went beyond expectations. We had a little hiccup in the beginning because inventory was wrong and they didn't have any y-pipes. I thought I needed my car back that Saturday so Tiago sent out the test fit y-pipe so that could be installed, then we could exchange with the normal y-pipes once they came in. We decided to just wait for the normal y-pipe but that was still a nice thing for Tiago to do.

Next up it was late in the week Thursday and I needed the new y-pipe there by Friday so I could pick the car up Saturday. Tiago and I were going back and forth emailing on Thursday but Thursday received no tracking number. Sent Tiago an email Friday morning freaking out because I needed it to be there that day and he replied at 10 A.M. explaining fedex didn't come the previous day so a driver was on the way with the pipe and would be there within the hour. Without even asking me or anything a driver was already on his way to me to ensure I had the part when I needed it. Keep in mind it's over a 3 hour drive from VRSF to where we are. Funny thing is it didn't stop there...

Friday the shop I use had a lot of difficulty installing the exhaust at the y-pipe. For some reason the shop just couldn't get it to line up... Anyways my phone was about to die so I email Tiago their number and ask him to please give them a call and help them out. He calls them and also says if they don't get it installed that night he will personally come up on Saturday to help out there. They finally got the pipes wrestled in and the whole exhaust bolted up. Fitment i'd say is pretty good just needs a bit of work loosening the downpipes and getting them to move in place with the y-pipe.

Now for the actual quality of the exhaust. The tips are great quality and the laser etching looks awesome. The whole exhaust looks great under the car and also looks to be made from quality materials. As always it's backed up by VRSF's lifetime warranty so if anything fails, you're good to go. When I got to the shop and we started it up I was pretty happy. I basically wanted something louder than my previous setup (secondary cat delete) but not over the top. I also hate how most exhausts for our cars are raspy and farty sounding but this one is extremely smooth. Anyways the videos below will speak much better than what I can write.

Overall i'm very impressed with the exhaust and only have a few complaints but most are just opinion. My only complaints are that the tips are too small for me, i'm getting a slight drone at 2k, and lastly it hangs pretty low. The drone is pretty much expected as any aftermarket exhaust will drone so it doesn't bother me too much but figured its worth mentioning. The hanging low part also is just the "nature of the beast" of going with a 3.5" single pipe exhaust and also being lowered. Other than that very impressed and enjoying it so far. Video will be below and also a pic of clearance since someone requested one. Keep in mind i'm lowered to no finger gap up front and 1 finger gap in the rear.

Also let me know if you guys want any pics of anything in particular or any videos of anything.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #418
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for taking the time Peter, I greatly appreciate it. If you're ever in the area you should stop by and we'll be happy to get the car on the lift and make sure it's not hanging too low. V-band exhausts tend to require a bit of adjustment before everything fits in it's place
Appreciate 0