E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > New MMORPG Games Soon?

07-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

New MMORPG Games Soon?

Hello fellow gamers. I was wondering if there are any new MMORPG games coming out in the future that you've heard of? Like most people who have played those games, I'll play them for a few months then get bored and move on. I've played DAOC (dark ages of camelot, i think that was the name), EQ, and WoW. I liked WoW the most of those 3, never really got into EQ that much.

Anyway, just seeing if there is anything cool coming out soon.

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I stopped WoW after having to level out of my raid spec gear again for WotLK. Tired of expansions already. Tried AoC but it was just too shitty. Bring on something fresh where I don't have to be a noob with my once leet toon.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

The Old Republic?
      07-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Theres been rumor that The Elder Scrolls 5 could be an MMO. Think it's going to be released next year. Then you got Guild Wars 2, which comes out in like 11-12. That's a bit out there, that's all I got though :s.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

The new Final Fantasy is supposed to be coming in early 2010, but I'll believe it when I see it. I've gone back to playing the old one for now. I tried several others and just couldn't get into them.

One of my co-workers was talking about a Star Wars based MMO coming soon, but I haven't looked into the details.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

It's not new but I use to play this mmorpg called SilkRoad Online. Pretty fun but has alot of botters.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 03:24 AM   #7
vinh359
Meow!?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 Coupe

Try out Anion its on steam which is a plus and its kinda a mix of World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy. Its coming out i think next month but its worth preorder because of the graphics looks sick. If not a big fan of that, either try out Warhammer online. Its like a second version of Wow. Both of multiplayer online
      07-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
One of my co-workers was talking about a Star Wars based MMO coming soon, but I haven't looked into the details.
That's what I was referring to. There isn't too much info about "Star Wars: The Old Republic" out yet that I'm aware of, but there was a teaser trailer at E3

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOvbv-LkK6w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOvbv-LkK6w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      07-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #9
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
That's what I was referring to. There isn't too much info about "Star Wars: The Old Republic" out yet that I'm aware of, but there was a teaser trailer at E3

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOvbv-LkK6w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOvbv-LkK6w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
i heard its going to derail the WOW domination, and that its going to kick some serious ass once its out

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
i heard its going to derail the WOW domination, and that its going to kick some serious ass once its out
WoW has been living in fantasyland, enjoying a virtual monopoly at the top of the MMORPG for years now. No one could predict that they would be on top that long. However, lots of people like me are just sick of expansions, no matter how much better the graphics are. Rerolling is too much of a pain, as it's near impossible sometimes to find groups on the lower level instances, (ever try to get epic lock or pally mount after BC came out???? Serious PITA) and there really is a sense of defeat when you have a BC tier geared toon who now quests for green gear that is better. Ouch.

I'll never get back into end game mode in any game; I'm just not that into it, but I'd like something to fool around with when I've got a couple hours to kill here and there. CoD can only hold my interest for so long, and I don't always have something to tinker with on my car.

Hopefully this Star Wars game is what people are pre-hyping it up to be, but we've been disappointed before (namely AoC), and I'm a bit worried about their emphasis on a storyline. WoW had a storyline too, but you could still play the game without being too attentive of it. I just hope it doesn't get in the way of gameplay.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
tony-tone
First Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Coupe

I tried out the Aion open beta a while back.. The game was fun for a few days or so, but got pretty boring for me after that and I never played again. The graphics are very nice though.

Visit www.nureuro.com for the best prices & service! Message me if you need anything!
Appreciate 0