E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Having problems with a fellow E90post member. Kinda long....

10-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
335iAWFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Having problems with a fellow E90post member. Kinda long....

Well here's the story. I had a set of USED wheels and tires (CSL reps) for sale in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290393

I had sold them to a member here as described on 09/15/09. First off, he sends me a message to ship them to a different address than what was verified and confirmed on his Paypal acct. I normally dont do that due to issues Ive had in the past. I did a few checks on the guy and asked him a few questions. He goes and tells me this and that and whatever. He shows me a picture ID of his dad to prove that the address is correct and was still adamant about me shipping to a different address. Well I didnt want to give in since every thing seem kinda sketchy. I finally shipped them to the confirmed address on the Paypal payment account. He wasnt happy but to be nice I said I would give him a little bit back for him having to drive to a different place (his parents home) to pick them up.

I had to go out of town on a business trip so he was flipping out that he didnt get a tracking# but they showed up to his doorstep on 09/23/09. He then sends me this PM I will leave the member name out for now.

Hey I got them in today, left the house at like 2pm drove to the house in nj picked them up and drove back. They barely fit in my car had to put the back seats down and put one in the passenger seat. I got home from the trip at around 9pm with them installed. Here are some pics xxxxxxxxx the rims and tires are great and just as you described. If you don't mind i would like that partial refund as you stated before.

So everything is fine and dandy until a few days ago. My wife tells me there is a 1000.00 dispute in Paypal. I was how did I know this was going to happen. So I go and check it and this is what he states.

From Buyer - xxxxxx 10/5/2009 12:17 PDT
Sent me 4 rims from this auction xxxxxxxxxxx in the 2 weeks I had them I have had 8 bent rims and had to replace 2 tires. The tire shop is willing to testify that is impossible for these rims to have been not defective and for this to happen. The owner of the shop told me these are bad rims and the seller pretty much took me for my money. I have lost 5 days of work and over $500 on repairs. I was stranded on the side of a highway over 3 times with a flat and had to wait hours for triple A. Seller pawned of his bad rims on someone else and it was me. I have pictures and receipts to prove the amount of bends and you can speak to the tire shop owner if needed. I will send the rims and tires back they do not have any bends as I just repaired the last one and took them of the car. 2 tires have been replaced so there is over 80% of thread on all of them.

So basically he drove on them for about 2 weeks got into issues with it and now wants a full refund for something he may have done himself. If there was an issue, it would've showed up the day he put them on and drove on them but 2+ weeks after? Now mind you he never communicated with me through email, PM on E90, or anything during this time period.

Today I get this message:

From buyer xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/6/2009 09:58 PDT
Learn to read... I GOT 8 BENT RIMS WHEN YOU GET A BENT RIM AIR LEAKS FROM THE TIRE HENCE THE FLAT. If you want you can call the shop or ask any ny e90 guy who knows what I had to deal with. I never said they were bent when I got them. After I installed them they were fine for all of one day. After that day it was pure fucking hell. Fishy? you are the fucking fishy when first you said a partial refund and then you were gone.... EVERY SINGLE PERSON TOLD ME the rims are a peice of shit. I drive at 80 miles per hour don't hit a pot hole and bend a rim that's not what I paid $1000 for I cant even drive the car. I want my money back and I will send you your rims back because it is impossible for me to drive on them. If you don't want to give me a refund I will escalate to dispute provide paypal with the receipts and pictures of the bent rims. My wife's testimony notarized by our lawyer and the tire shop owners statement notarized by our lawyer. Thats the problem I wasn't hitting anything and getting bent rims and flat tires. What you sold me cost me an extra $500 in up keep and lost me 5 days of work and hours of being stranded. I want my refund or this will not end well at all

So having alot of experience with Paypal, this maybe a lost cause for me since they never side with the seller. Or could I be wrong?

I have quite a bit of the sketchy PM's from him and other messages but this basically sums everything up. Just wanted to see what you guys think.
      10-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Sorry, hope things work out.

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Paypal won't refund money for defective products. They only refund if the buyer did not recieve the product and since he clearly stated that he did get the wheels, paypal isn't going to take the money back from you. I don't know the specifics or who is/isn't telling the true story but unless things have changed with paypal recently, your money is safe and the buyer is SOL.

Oh and who the F*CK has their lawyer notorize crap? Really? So he drug someone from a tire shop to his lawyers office or vice versa? I call BS on that! And your wife's testimony is worthless in any case. Hell, even my ex-wife and I would lie in a heartbeat to protect/help eachother, so that's useless to anyone with common sense.

Again, idk what the WHOLE truth is but from his PM I have to asume he's a bit of an exagerator, if not a complete BS'er.

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

it sounds like he should have told you there was a problem from day one instead of waiting 2 weeks to PM you about it.
      10-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Tee-Dub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

By his improper use of english he sounds like a scammer to me. As someone else here said, you aren't going to get a lawyer involved over a $1000 set of wheels/tires, so I call BS on his claims. Lost five days of work for this? Complete BS. Good luck with paypal, I've heard they can be a real pain when there is a dispute.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
335iAWFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

He got them on the Sept 23rd and stated in the PM everything was great and as described and even drove on them.

He never even bothered to PM me to tell me anything, just automatically filed a dispute with Paypal.

And can someone please try to decipher what he keeps saying he has 8 BENT RIMS?
      10-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
racerfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2008 335  [0.00]
Sounds like a scam...Just be honest with yourself if you are then Karma will work itself out.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Did you ship them to...what is it, Zimbabwe? If he PM'd you and said they were great that amounts to him inspecting them and they were in perfect order. Then ask him how he got a lawyer to notorize anything since that's usually a legal secretary's job, or at least I've never known a lawyer that did that trivial stuff. You should easily win this dispute imo.

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
335iAWFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just took some more time to try and make out everything this guy is saying. And something really stuck out to me highlighted in red. This guys seems like such a hypocrite with everything he says and makes absolutely no sense.

The wheels were shipped to NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAWFL View Post

From buyer xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/6/2009 09:58 PDT
Learn to read... I GOT 8 BENT RIMS WHEN YOU GET A BENT RIM AIR LEAKS FROM THE TIRE HENCE THE FLAT. If you want you can call the shop or ask any ny e90 guy who knows what I had to deal with. I never said they were bent when I got them. After I installed them they were fine for all of one day. After that day it was pure fucking hell. Fishy? you are the fucking fishy when first you said a partial refund and then you were gone.... EVERY SINGLE PERSON TOLD ME the rims are a peice of shit. I drive at 80 miles per hour don't hit a pot hole and bend a rim that's not what I paid $1000 for I cant even drive the car. I want my money back and I will send you your rims back because it is impossible for me to drive on them. If you don't want to give me a refund I will escalate to dispute provide paypal with the receipts and pictures of the bent rims. My wife's testimony notarized by our lawyer and the tire shop owners statement notarized by our lawyer. Thats the problem I wasn't hitting anything and getting bent rims and flat tires. What you sold me cost me an extra $500 in up keep and lost me 5 days of work and hours of being stranded. I want my refund or this will not end well at all

So having alot of experience with Paypal, this maybe a lost cause for me since they never side with the seller. Or could I be wrong?

I have quite a bit of the sketchy PM's from him and other messages but this basically sums everything up. Just wanted to see what you guys think.
      10-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

When he had the rims installed he should have known that the rims were defective as soon as he drove off. He shouldn't have made repairs to rims or replaced the tires. He should have contacted you and notified you of his problem and asked for a refund. Its simple contact paypal and let them know that the rims were sold as is with no return policy. Let them know the rims were in great condition and send them copies of the messages.
      10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #11
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

Also now that he has made repairs to the rims it is unacceptable. Have him send copies of repairs and send the copies to paypal and let them know you will not issue a refund because he has made changes to the product sold.
      10-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAWFL View Post
He got them on the Sept 23rd and stated in the PM everything was great and as described and even drove on them.

He never even bothered to PM me to tell me anything, just automatically filed a dispute with Paypal.

And can someone please try to decipher what he keeps saying he has 8 BENT RIMS
i have no idea either.
      10-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
Geonator
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i JB

Hope things turn out well for you.
      10-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

If the money had already been taken out of your paypal

i would say go and CLOSE your bank account that is linked to it

that way, even if something happens, paypal can't just take money from your account
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

at least you shipped to his confirmed address, it doesnt seem like you will lose your case

been there, done that numerous times

if he didnt receive the item, thats a different issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Post this mofo's S/N, please so we can all avoid him
      10-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #17
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

What an Asshole......

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
If the money had already been taken out of your paypal

i would say go and CLOSE your bank account that is linked to it

that way, even if something happens, paypal can't just take money from your account
If you close the account, they will give you a negative balance and hire a collection agency (from what i read here on e90p and what makes the most sense).

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #19
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
I never said they were bent when I got them. After I installed them they were fine for all of one day
Quote:
I GOT 8 BENT RIMS WHEN YOU GET A BENT RIM AIR LEAKS FROM THE TIRE HENCE THE FLAT

WTF LOL.....is he tripping?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #20
s1cke92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

lol that guy does not make sense. i assume hes trying to say you sold him a POS wheels and they bent without hitting a pot hole LMFAO!

i think you'll win the case. post the messages on paypal n let them know. PAYPAL didnt do shit for me. they also gave me an attitude lol. i was hella mad. i gave my bank a call n they gave money back within 2 days. i check my account and i was like shit where this 1k come from haha! and i check paypal n it was negative. so mines no use. gotta get new credit card and checking account. prolly open one with Wells Fargo now?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #21
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

so..the buyer said the rims were not bent after he got them. and he bent them after receiving them and driving around after one day. basically he(the buyer) just admitted that he bent the wheels himself....lol

"I never said they were bent when I got them. After I installed them they were fine for all of one day"....so he bent them during the next couple of days after buying them from you.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
dmz
Captain
Rep
Drives: me nuts

The buyer confirmed receipient of the undamaged rims. Drove the good rims for a few days, hit a pothole (Who know how big) and damaged the wheels. Now he wants a refund? Forget it. He does not have a case with Paypal or any legal system.
Appreciate 0