Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help with Resetting TPMS

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Help with Resetting TPMS

I mounted a set of 433mhz Beru TPMS, and the light still wont go off! Dealer said I did the reset correctly, and Dicount Tire did everything correct. Is there something more to this reset? A learning cycle perhaps?

I know when it didnt have TPMS inside the light only flashed at coldstart and styaed solid. Now after instal it flashes and chimes every 10 min or so! WTF
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

What color is the tpms symbol? If I remember correctly, it depends if it's red or yellow...or depending on the color combo indicates 1 or more of your transmitters could be bad
      06-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
What color is the tpms symbol? If I remember correctly, it depends if it's red or yellow...or depending on the color combo indicates 1 or more of your transmitters could be bad
They are both yellow. The larger yellow in the middle will go off, the smaller yellow will flash for 10 sec or so and stay solid.

I did buy used sensors, maybe that was my mistake, but i couldnt pass up the price for 99.00. They are beru 433mhz but they came off a ferrari lol but its the same ones bmw uses.

Now i looked at the Owners manual and it stated if the radius changed the tpms may malfunction. Now being that i upgraded from a 17in wheel to 18 could this be the problem?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Size shouldn't affect it...check the manual for the colors. I think 2 yellow means malfunction. A red and yellow means low tire. Not sure but worth checking
      06-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
Size shouldn't affect it...check the manual for the colors. I think 2 yellow means malfunction. A red and yellow means low tire. Not sure but worth checking
Im just going to have discount tire put in all new sensors. Its the only thing it could be like you said. Sucks I have to dish out another $250 and more wasted trips but I want that light gone!

Thanks for the advice and help.
Appreciate 0