E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Need help with negotiations!

01-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Vince A.
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Need help with negotiations!

Hey everybody, im new to the BMW world but ive done a lot of research and i know exactly what i want, i just need help knowing if what ive found is worth it.

I found a 2008 e92 335i coupe manual CPO

Asking Price: $33,985

Color Scheme: Alpine White / Saddle Brown Dakota Leather / Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim

Transmission: Manual 6spd

Options: Premium Package, Rear Sunshade, Voice Command, Sport Package, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, iPod & USB Adapter, Navigation System, Logic7 Premium Sound System (No cold weather Package)

Mileage: 35,518

Is this really a good deal? I personally think that with 35 thousand miles that this car is not worth the 34k asking price. i was going to try to haggle them down to 32 thousand or less and was wondering what people think in terms of my ideas for negotiation.
First i can put down 27 thousand cash and i've always been under the impression that the more cash you can put down, the more negotiable the price is but i don't know if that really the case. Second I want to do a few modifications after picking up the car so i was thinking i could see if the dealer would be willing to drop the price a few thousand further if i were to have the full M-Sport bodykit (rear diffuser, front grill and side skirts) installed through the dealer as well as a tint job (100% in the back, 35% front) and possibly carbon fiber inlays. This raises the question in my head; are dealer modifications way overpriced? and would this plan of mine even work? Also in terms of tinting the windows, are the tinting that dealers do any different from a private auto shop?

Lastly i was wondering if anyone could give me some input on the regular pricing of these modifications (parts and installation pricing). Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
gunsekun
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

That mile and those options car only worth 26k-27k at auction... So 30k should be a really giod deal for you
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Vince A.
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

thanks for the feedback man!
Appreciate 0