E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Just Another AK Motorwerk Appreciation Thread

02-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Thumbs up Just Another AK Motorwerk Appreciation Thread

It seems like the Alex and Kevin at AK Motorwerk threads have taken over the Tri-State regional forum, but they absolutely deserve every single kind word they've gotten. I just went to their new shop for the 1st time yesterday and love the new location (just 10-15 minutes down the road I work on).

I had my Rogue Engineering pulley installed yesterday. I asked Alex how much he would ask for to install my Macht Schnell air filter too. I knew it was a very simple install, but if he could do it for not too much I planned on having him kill 2 birds with one stone. To my surprise, since he said they had to get to the air filter to get to the pulley anyway, they would just install my air filter for free Just an example of how Alex and Kevin are here to take care of us as they're one of us as well.

Keep up the great work fellas. I definitely plan on stopping by again and/or often now that you're so close to me. You 2 are doing big things in the area
      02-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
It seems like the Alex and Kevin at AK Motorwerk threads have taken over the Tri-State regional forum, but they absolutely deserve every single kind word they've gotten. I just went to their new shop for the 1st time yesterday and love the new location (just 10-15 minutes down the road I work on).

I had my Rogue Engineering pulley installed yesterday. I asked Alex how much he would ask for to install my Macht Schnell air filter too. I knew it was a very simple install, but if he could do it for not too much I planned on having him kill 2 birds with one stone. To my surprise, since he said they had to get to the air filter to get to the pulley anyway, they would just install my air filter for free Just an example of how Alex and Kevin are here to take care of us as they're one of us as well.

Keep up the great work fellas. I definitely plan on stopping by again and/or often now that you're so close to me. You 2 are doing big things in the area

thanks for the kind words! how did you like the performance from the pulley? you definitely needed a new filter lol, the air box was stuffed with leaves lol
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

02-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
thanks for the kind words! how did you like the performance from the pulley? you definitely needed a new filter lol, the air box was stuffed with leaves lol
I figured since I have leaves sticking out of my hood vent all the damn time. I'm embarrassed lol
      02-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

nice job guys!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Mods comin along nicely, Michael! Noticeable difference w/ the pulley? We're considering getting one for the shop E92..

-Sal
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
Donald-335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Hoes Crazy!

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
Mods comin along nicely, Michael! Noticeable difference w/ the pulley? We're considering getting one for the shop E92..

-Sal
Thanks Sal. To be honest with you, I had just gotten the Powerchip Stage II tune and Fabspeed X-Pipe with HFC's on Monday, so I wasn't even used to that newfound power yet before I got the pulley and air filter installed yesterday (Wednesday), if that makes sense. In other words, I can't really say if I noticed a difference with the pulley or not because I was still getting used to the power of the tune and Fabspeed setup.

You can't go wrong for $385 though, and if you plan on getting pretty much all the bolt-ons on your shop car, I'd say a pulley would be essential.
      02-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Quote:
Thanks Sal. To be honest with you, I had just gotten the Powerchip Stage II tune and Fabspeed X-Pipe with HFC's on Monday, so I wasn't even used to that newfound power yet before I got the pulley and air filter installed yesterday (Wednesday), if that makes sense. In other words, I can't really say if I noticed a difference with the pulley or not because I was still getting used to the power of the tune and Fabspeed setup.

You can't go wrong for $385 though, and if you plan on getting pretty much all the bolt-ons on your shop car, I'd say a pulley would be essential.
Every bit helps!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

noiceeee
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:

Good seeing you again Michael!! your car is coming along very, very nicely!! We'll be seeing you again real soon
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep

Just went back to AK Motorwerk to get a new front lip installed and rear diffuser reinstalled (I wasn't happy with the job my buddy and I originally did). Again, I couldn't be happier with Alex and Kevin's work. In general, installs never seem to go 100% smoothly, but Alex and Kevin are the only guys I've met who do perfect work from my experience. I completely trust taking my car to them because I know they treat every customer's car as if it's their own. Alex, although I told you I feel like I'm done modding, I'm sure I'll be back for more
      03-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Just went back to AK Motorwerk to get a new front lip installed and rear diffuser reinstalled (I wasn't happy with the job my buddy and I originally did). Again, I couldn't be happier with Alex and Kevin's work. In general, installs never seem to go 100% smoothly, but Alex and Kevin are the only guys I've met who do perfect work from my experience. I completely trust taking my car to them because I know they treat every customer's car as if it's their own. Alex, although I told you I feel like I'm done modding, I'm sure I'll be back for more
Thanks Michael Great seeing you again as always. We genuinely take pride in the work we do, so nothing less than perfection.

Let me know when you're ready for some more mods... We'll be here!!
Appreciate 0