E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E90: Broken catch on Ski Bag holder

09-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
wassell2381
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive 3.0D

Garage List
2009 320d E90 LCI  [0.00]
2009 320d  [10.00]
E90: Broken catch on Ski Bag holder

Hey guys,

After a very abrupt ABS stop this morning to avoid a dickhead driver calving me up then stopping in front of me, I've noticed that when my rear armrest came down the holder for the ski bag opened too. When i got to work i tried to close it all back up but it looks like the spring has come off the catch and therefore it wont stay closed. Just wondering if this is a common issue and if Auto classic are likely to fix it under warrantee?

Cheers
Dan
White LCI 320d
Space Grey LCI 320d
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassell2381 View Post
Hey guys,

After a very abrupt ABS stop this morning to avoid a dickhead driver calving me up then stopping in front of me, I've noticed that when my rear armrest came down the holder for the ski bag opened too. When i got to work i tried to close it all back up but it looks like the spring has come off the catch and therefore it wont stay closed. Just wondering if this is a common issue and if Auto classic are likely to fix it under warrantee?

Cheers
Dan
Well I was getting worried until I noticed you are in perth, cause it was a pretty quick trip to work this morning, with little traffic due to the long weekend.

Tell me where the hell do you go Skiing in Perth

As for the warranty, I see no reason why it wouldn't be covered. There are a bunch of chaps here that have worn the leather off and had it replaced under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
wassell2381
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive 3.0D

Garage List
2009 320d E90 LCI  [0.00]
2009 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Well I was getting worried until I noticed you are in perth, cause it was a pretty quick trip to work this morning, with little traffic due to the long weekend.

Tell me where the hell do you go Skiing in Perth

As for the warranty, I see no reason why it wouldn't be covered. There are a bunch of chaps here that have worn the leather off and had it replaced under warranty.
Yea tru, I'd be more likely to use it to hold a surfboard in, but the stupid gap is too small anyways so that's a full seat jobby. Dno why they'd ever option my car with that but meh.

I'll go in and see what they say
White LCI 320d
Space Grey LCI 320d
Appreciate 0