E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Anyone Going to Bathurst ?

10-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Anyone Going to Bathurst ?

Not normally my thing , but got an invite to go up to Bathurst on Sunday, fly out of Melbourne on Sunday on a private jet , helicoter from Bathurst airport to track and entertained in Corp suite

I guess if you get to go , best to do it in style

So any other members going ?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootah
Not normally my thing , but got an invite to go up to Bathurst on Sunday, fly out of Melbourne on Sunday on a private jet , helicoter from Bathurst airport to track and entertained in Corp suite

I guess if you get to go , best to do it in style

So any other members going ?
I'll go if I can get a ride with you
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Private Jet??? Helicopter Ride???

Bathurst is not for you my friend. If you are not out and about on the mountain the night before and the next day, fearing for your life, then you really won't experience the event.

Best watch it at home on 7mate. Might consider it if the promo girls are serving me drinks in the corporate box but..
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Private Jet??? Helicopter Ride???

Bathurst is not for you my friend. If you are not out and about on the mountain the night before and the next day, fearing for your life, then you really won't experience the event.

Best watch it at home on 7mate. Might consider it if the promo girls are serving me drinks in the corporate box but..
Might put on my bullet proof undies and take a wander up the hill, been told theres nothing like it !

Will post photos of the beer wenches on Monday
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

No wandering up to the top. It will take ages. Your best bet is to jump on the back of a ute with 10 other blokes hanging off it, who you don't know, but will be your bff's by the time you get up there.

Pics of wenches, beer or other wise is always appreciated.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
No wandering up to the top. It will take ages. Your best bet is to jump on the back of a ute with 10 other blokes hanging off it, who you don't know, but will be your bff's by the time you get up there.

Pics of wenches, beer or other wise is always appreciated.
Righto , ute it is
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

For anyone interested a couple of shots of the Bathurst day , unfortunatley to protect the innocent my mates confiscated my camera at 11 am ish so no good shots ...... if you know what i mean

1 - an early start at Essendon Airport
2 - inside the beast
3 - Chopper to Track
4 - From the Chopper
5 - In the Pits
6 - Having some fun
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

no grid girls?!?

No doubt it was a top weekend!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
no grid girls?!?

No doubt it was a top weekend!
Was only up for the day !! in and out yesterday

All the "good shots" were destroyed on arrival back into Melbourne - you know the saying what happens on the ..... trip , stays on the .... trip
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #10
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep

That jet is freakin ballin'.

Mate by the look of that thing, I think you must have even dusted the CEO of Ford who was at the track on Sunday. (I caught a glimpse of him talking up the Australian Ford operations here...). He should of asked to hitch a ride with you instead of driving up in his special order Territory no doubt.

Because the photos on your camera are no longer with us, just makes me want to see them more! Remembering my trips to Bathurst when I was a little younger, I was not as smart as you as some of mates still have them. That was a couple of girlfriends ago, so no harm now when they decide to bring them out.

From the couple of pics, looks like you had a good time. Which one of you assumed the most vulnerable of positions on the the friendly cop car??
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
That jet is freakin ballin'.

Mate by the look of that thing, I think you must have even dusted the CEO of Ford who was at the track on Sunday. (I caught a glimpse of him talking up the Australian Ford operations here...). He should of asked to hitch a ride with you instead of driving up in his special order Territory no doubt.

Because the photos on your camera are no longer with us, just makes me want to see them more! Remembering my trips to Bathurst when I was a little younger, I was not as smart as you as some of mates still have them. That was a couple of girlfriends ago, so no harm now when they decide to bring them out.

From the couple of pics, looks like you had a good time. Which one of you assumed the most vulnerable of positions on the the friendly cop car??
That's a couple of my mates , I'm in the photo with the shannons car in the pits

Our jet was little compared to the one parked next to us at Bathurst airport, owned by the guy who used to own Toll logistics - was worth a cool $55m

Maybe the Houston round next year
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Why were you arrested
Appreciate 0