E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shift Sector Single Turbo Vids?

11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Let me ask you single turbo people with 6AT? Are you guys on different map than what I have? My car shoots upto 160 no problem, even after reading all this 5th gear choke I tool my buddu out for a spin to see, but again car pulls strong 3,4,5th. Unless my speedo is off by 20+mph
have you ever taken it to the track for a 1/4 mile pass?
      11-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Let me ask you single turbo people with 6AT? Are you guys on different map than what I have? My car shoots upto 160 no problem, even after reading all this 5th gear choke I tool my buddu out for a spin to see, but again car pulls strong 3,4,5th. Unless my speedo is off by 20+mph
Only thing i can say is something wrong with that big single 335's tuning...go back home and retune it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
AK 335i
Major
Rep

the world wants to know what an end user of the single turbo is trapping at a NHRA track.
      11-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #26
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I don't get how all of these people all of a sudden realized they can't shift to 5th... had they never tried a run to that speed before?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I don't get how all of these people all of a sudden realized they can't shift to 5th... had they never tried a run to that speed before?
Do you really find yourself going faster than 120-130 very often?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #28
vereak82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 6-spd e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
the world wants to know what an end user of the single turbo is trapping at a NHRA track.
122-126 my guess for the Customers cars..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
No but you can bet I'd try a few practice runs before I signed up for a $300 airstrip race with this much publicity.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #30
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post

valid point.. however if i was going to such an event and paying that kind of money, i would have been damn sure it would make the shift. Every time i go to the track i ensure i have clean logs and no issues running to at least 120-125 b4 i show up.

I would think the same logic would apply.
      11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #31
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
true! and plus if you think your car is not fully ready then don't bring on the ring and get humiliated...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vereak82 View Post
122-126 my guess for the Customers cars..
yes that would be impressive, but no excuse for no timeslips after all this time

if they can show up and pay for shift sector they can pay 20 or so bucks for a dragstrip test and tune.
      11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #33
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

1. Nobody got humiliated.
2. Paying 400$ and having 2 full days to SAFELY run and tune your car at 100mph+ is well worth for some people. If u get caught doing 100+ on the street, u'll be out much more than a few hundred dollars.
3. Next time just show up and race
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
zeel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i

Garage List
Hit 5th gear a few times in mexico without an issue but I'm not at ST or RB power levels.

I still want to see more customer ST 1/4 trap speeds. I think cuppertino's are the only ones out there right now? Someone correct me cause I can't remember.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #35
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
1. Nobody got humiliated.
2. Paying 400$ and having 2 full days to SAFELY run and tune your car at 100mph+ is well worth for some people. If u get caught doing 100+ on the street, u'll be out much more than a few hundred dollars.
3. Next time just show up and race
+1

Even if your car wasn't running good so what? Good time to figure out what's wrong and address the issue. It is very hard to do even 130mph on freeway without worrying about traffic, cops, bumps ect.
I bet people who went had a blast
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
yes that would be impressive, but no excuse for no timeslips after all this time

if they can show up and pay for shift sector they can pay 20 or so bucks for a dragstrip test and tune.
+1

Seriously this. I wouldn't care if the singles run a 13.3@127mph or whatever as the trap speed alone tells just how much power its really putting down.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
I think everyone needs to calm down. This is the first time the Single 6AT guys have hit the pavement running the cars like this. I guarantee that the 6AT issues will be resolved for the good of the entire community and all the drama queens will have to eat their words. My cars motor and turbo kit performed perfectly, however the transmission had the same glitches that the RB guys had. I simply decided to test and tune to a certain point then call it. I'm in no way going to damage my Trans for a race. What we do with this transmission will help all those who have upgraded turbos period.

Patience is a virtue and those on this forum and others need that. As for spending $400 to test and tune that's really a small price to pay to do so safely and as an adult should. I do not recommend, nor have I ever recommended running your car on the street at these speeds. This is exactly why myself and the other two single turbo guys have not run our cars on public streets at this level.

I think I speak for myself and the two others when I say our cars run perfectly on the street and such we are very happy with the results. We are however true enthusiasts so we will place out money where our mouth is to improve this platform and are confident that we will do so. All those that have not spent the $ and the hard work of making history in my opinion really do not have an opinion.

I leave you with "Patience" don't get ahead of your self.

PS Captain Insano and his Single 6MT ran everything he could and did great. Wait for the vids to hit the forum his car is a beast he also asked to race the RB car and was ignored.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #38
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
I think everyone needs to calm down. This is the first time the Single 6AT guys have hit the pavement running the cars like this. I guarantee that the 6AT issues will be resolved for the good of the entire community and all the drama queens will have to eat their words. My cars motor and turbo kit performed perfectly, however the transmission had the same glitches that the RB guys had. I simply decided to test and tune to a certain point then call it. I'm in no way going to damage my Trans for a race. What we do with this transmission will help all those who have upgraded turbos period.

Patience is a virtue and those on this forum and others need that. As for spending $400 to test and tune that's really a small price to pay to do so safely and as an adult should. I do not recommend, nor have I ever recommended running your car on the street at these speeds. This is exactly why myself and the other two single turbo guys have not run our cars on public streets at this level.

I think I speak for myself and the two others when I say our cars run perfectly on the street and such we are very happy with the results. We are however true enthusiasts so we will place out money where our mouth is to improve this platform and are confident that we will do so. All those that have not spent the $ and the hard work of making history in my opinion really do not have an opinion.

PS Captain Insano and his Single 6MT ran everything he could and did great. Wait for the vids to hit the forum his car is a beast he also asked to race the RB car and was ignored.
that's fine but seriously... all the single turbos any only your 1/4 mile result? I don't get it. If you are literally telling them not to go to a track and post a result because you are still debugging something for them to make a simple 1/4 mile pass, cool just say it, that would be respectable. But you can't tell me an "enthusiast" spends that kind of money and doesnt go to a track and run a 1/4 mile. that's Bs. And I don't think you can validate that I "don't have an opinion" as I'm still waiting for some one to show me a better full weight no meth street tire stock turbo 1/4 mile pass than mine.
      11-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #39
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
have you ever taken it to the track for a 1/4 mile pass?
Where is drag strip? 6 hours away...i will find time to go up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2002525 View Post
Only thing i can say is something wrong with that big single 335's tuning...go back home and retune it!!!!
My car is running fantastic, my buddy who drove Lambo Merci, Ferrari Italia, GTR modded, I took him out for a spin, he posted on his FB following night said my car was the fastest car he has ever riden in. He loved it.
I am sure airstrip event was well worth every penny for tuners. I can't wait to see what comes next for N54 platform.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #40
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Where is drag strip? 6 hours away...i will find time to go

if you are 6 hours from the nearest strip cool, that's understandable. but I guarantee that's not the case for every person with a single.
      11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj
Quote:

that's fine but seriously... all the single turbos any only your 1/4 mile result? I don't get it. If you are literally telling them not to go to a track and post a result because you are still debugging something for them to make a simple 1/4 mile pass, cool just say it, that would be respectable. But you can't tell me an "enthusiast" spends that kind of money and doesnt go to a track and run a 1/4 mile. that's Bs. And I don't think you can validate that I "don't have an opinion" as I'm still waiting for some one to show me a better full weight no meth street tire stock turbo 1/4 mile pass than mine.
Listen bud I'm not sure who you are but if u can afford the kit you probably have a job and a demanding one at that. The results will be there. If my car was at the track there are enough 335 owners at Sac to state that I was there I simply have not been there and have been to busy surviving the economy to do so. That's not to say that results will not be available. The Trans is an issue that needs to be resolved and no one has looked at it. For you to call BS is childish. You have no contemplation of what busy could mean. All i am saying is relax your new on the forum the results will come and when they do they will help more than the Singles. I state again I don't know who you are (banned member or true user) but all things aside results will come. For god sake HPF has yet to show what their supposed single can do.

PS Creminz was not at the event.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #42
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Listen bud I'm not sure who you are but if u can afford the kit you probably have a job and a demanding one at that. The results will be there. If my car was at the track there are enough 335 owners at Sac to state that I was there I simply have not been there and have been to busy surviving the economy to do so. That's not to say that results will not be available. The Trans is an issue that needs to be resolved and no one has looked at it. For you to call BS is childish. You have no contemplation of what busy could mean. All i am saying is relax your new on the forum the results will come and when they do they will help more than the Singles. I state again I don't know who you are (banned member or true user) but all things aside results will come. For god sake HPF has yet to show what their supposed single can do.

PS Creminz was not at the event.
Just about everyone nearing or above 500wtq, including myself, are having some sort of transmission issues on this platform. You just went off on a rant about the economy and not being able to afford to go to a test and tune 1/4 mile. Are you serious? If someone can spring for a single turbo kit they can pay 20 bucks and drive a few hours to make a 1/4 mile pass. I simply do not believe that no one has ran a 1/4 mile pass with the kit. I'll rephrase that, if no one has made a quarter mile pass, it could only be because you told them not to. Like I stated before, if there is a legitimate reason why, just say it. No nonsense excuses about a guy spending 7K plus for the kit but then the troubling economy preventing him from paying 20 bucks or so to see a real world result.
and trust me, I know busy. I spend 28 (24 hour) days a year flying between the oilfield on the arctic ocean in Alaska and my home state of Florida. I could easily afford the "kit" and make time to run tons of quarter mile passes. Until I see real world results I'll hold off on deciding the route to go with upgraded turbos.

Last edited by AK 335i; 11-14-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

I see this thread getting out of hand here real soon... Chill out peeps, we are all from the same specie group thats what really matters
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #44
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel View Post
I still want to see more customer ST 1/4 trap speeds. I think cuppertino's are the only ones out there right now? Someone correct me cause I can't remember.
Ask and you shall receive. My car should be finished tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to the drag strip for a European car show. Hopefully I can get any bugs fixed by then, but I won't hold my breath. I'm hoping other 335s race so we can get some baselines for the track, but I've dragged my car 100s of times so I know what it was capable of on the stock turbos.

I'll have a VBOX and GoPro with me as well.

Now the question is do I go for gold on the launch or baby it (still on stock half-shafts)?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0