E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Window problems

10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
dsimoes1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325i Sport package

Window problems

My window regulator broke so I took the door panel off and cut the metal cable so I can leave my window up. Now it gives me a light and it won't stop beeping when I'm driving. Is there a way I can stop that?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimoes1 View Post
My window regulator broke so I took the door panel off and cut the metal cable so I can leave my window up. Now it gives me a light and it won't stop beeping when I'm driving. Is there a way I can stop that?
Get your window fixed correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

I am new here so unlike the previous reply i would like to try to add something constructive to this discussion. I have the same problem and need help. Just bought a 2007 328xi for wife. It was throwing window code. One rear window would make the grinding noise when i pushed button the other nothing. Took one door apart and the cable on the regulator was wrapped around gear in motor. Took other door apart and there was nothing in it, no regulator, no motor. I took the motor from the side that had one plugged in side that didnt, and the code went away. Put motor back on its proper side. The code came back after two 20 min or more driving cycles so i assumed if i put a motor in the door that did not have one then my problem would b solved and i would need a motor anyway when i had the time and money to fix it. Got the motor put it in and nothing, now the other side that had the motor in it wont work. The only other thing i did is after i cleared the code the first time and it came back, i did the same thing, plugged the working motor into side w/o motor, cleared the code, then i removed the fuses for both rear windows hoping it might keep from throwing code, it did not. I was wondering if removing the fuses has anything to do with neither side working now? When i moved motor from side with toţ side without, the motor worked on both sides when i pushed the buttpushed the buttons i could hear and see motor working on both sides. Please help. I dont care if the safety pressure/child safety is operational so if there is a way to disconnect to stop the code and mostly the yellow door with the window half down light but most of all that annoying ding evertime it flashes. If u got nothing for this can u tell me where to find the speaker for the ding or the fuse to stop it. I am going crazy!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

My previous post was probably not helpful but i wanted to add my situation in hopes of a resolution. I have done ours of research and have found some info in the bimmerfest forum. I will do my best to tell you what info i found it is pretty general and may not b compltely accurate because i tend to forget details that dont pertain directly to me or are helpful in finding a solution. From what i understand the light and tone are due to a problem with the child safety function of the window. If the window meets resistance before reaching the closed position it will stop or reverse to avoid causing injury. From what i understand there is a sensor in the top of the door where the window closes so it knows when the window is closed i am assuming if the sensor is not activated that tells the computer the window is not closed so it keeps the safety feature active until the window is closed. That being said, when i took the door apart the first time and i found the rear passenger door regulator cable was messed up i removed my cable also but the light and ding were happening before that amd i got mine to stop when i put the rear passenger motor on rear driver door that did not have anything in it the light and ding stopped. I am assuming mine was dinging due to not havind a motor plugged in. When i moved the motor i made sure to roll the window up by pulling the window roll up button for a while so the car would thing the window was rolled up. When you push your button do u hear the motor run? If so does it run continuously or just for a second. If it runs n short bursts then you may need to i think they call it program ur window. I cant remeber exactly how but i found instructions on either bimmerfest forums or bimmerforums. I will b looking for answers till i find one so if i find more info i will let you know.
Appreciate 0