E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2007 e90 Angel Eyes and No DRL Headlight question! (sorry nub here)

07-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
MikeE90NC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

2007 e90 Angel Eyes and No DRL Headlight question! (sorry nub here)

Hey everyone, 2nd official post on these forums. I've tried doing research on this and it seems I am only getting further confused as to what I need to do. I hate to beat a dead horse as I am sure most of you guys that have been around this forum for awhile see it all the time. I recently bought a 2007 335i E90 (this would be pre-lci correct?). I really would like to upgrade to white angel eyes with no DRL headlights, mine are yellow and do not look nearly as good (obviously).

I have seen pics of e90's with the same headlight housing as I have with this setup but not sure what was done to achieve that. It seems when I search this topic its all older posts and it seems that things probably have changed a lot for whats possible with these cars thru the years. I've heard recoding is all that is needed to turn off the DRL head lamps to get angel eyes only now but then I've read it wasnt possible but then I see pictures that suggest otherwise.

I've seen the options at e-92 lighting and Burger but not sure no what I need to do! Suggestions and a point in the right direction would be most awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

there are two options.

there is a module you could install to do this but it does have its problems.

second: Have it coded to only use the angel eyes. best to have someone who specializes in this do it for you or you can pick up the tool on amazon and do it yourself. this is the best option and works best.

for angel eyes, I personally like mtechs, decent price and they work nice in E90's, Lux are another option too and a lot of guys on here really like them. the ones in my dp are mtechs if you wanted a idea.