E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > What the fvck is wrong with Bostonians!?!

05-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #23
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dleo View Post
same could be said about any major city, it is what it is, you cant change the world.

i just dont let things get to me no more, i laugh more often then getting pissed, its just not worth it, people are stupid, end of story.
+1. you're right on here.

Quote:
the thing that gets to me about boston is the accent's. i mean theres an O in the alphabet, why do they substitue the O for an A, you know, its its BAAASTAN.
-1. WTF are you talking about here. we dont have a problem with o and a's, we just dont have a use for the letter "R". I like the way we speak around here, its the rest of the country except for parts of new york that sound goofy.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #24
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

lol, you knwo what i mean!!

i guess being born and raised in nyc theres a certain tone about the way we speak too.

Comments I have recieved while traveling:

Boston- "A YANKEE!"

Texas- "Your not from a around here huh?"

Oklahoma- "DO WHAT NOW?" <-- people seemed to have a very hard time understanding me

Kansas- "YOU IN THE MAFIA?"

eh the list could go on and on...
      05-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #25
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

all those gat dang porto rikans. JUST KIDDING!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #26
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

my gf's grandma is from boston and i love her accent. awteechokes= artichokes. bastid= bastard. aaaceWhole=asshole. its funny.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #27
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol, you knwo what i mean!!

i guess being born and raised in nyc theres a certain tone about the way we speak too.

Comments I have recieved while traveling:

Boston- "A YANKEE!"

Texas- "Your not from a around here huh?"

Oklahoma- "DO WHAT NOW?" <-- people seemed to have a very hard time understanding me

Kansas- "YOU IN THE MAFIA?"

eh the list could go on and on...
like i said, only boston and nyc people know how to talk.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #28
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
i just dont let things get to me no more, i laugh more often then getting pissed, its just not worth it, people are stupid, end of story.
Pretty much the same here, or so I thought.. You can ask those who have met me. But it gets to the point you realize "This is absolutely ridiculous."

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #29
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Pretty much the same here, or so I thought.. You can ask those who have met me. But it gets to the point you realize "This is absolutely ridiculous."
i agree, but since there is absolutly nothing you can do about it, theres no need to get stressed out about it.

i dont know, i had it pretty rough growing up, so if the only stress in my life is stupid people around me, then its something I can def live with, but i will never let it get me down.

Taken from Rocky:
"Its not how hard you can hit, its how hard YOU CAN GET HIT WITHOUT GOING DOWN"
      05-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #30
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
i agree, but since there is absolutly nothing you can do about it, theres no need to get stressed out about it.
How is there absolutely nothing you can do about it? Do you know how many other places in the world are there to move to? I think if we made a list it would be one of the longest posts here..

I guess my current train of thought is that there is something I can do about it.. (And thinking about the prospects right now is awesome..)

Good quote..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep

well, ive traveled around the country, and the grass is not greener. i actually think i would go nuts being in some citys because the people are really stupid and theres absolutly nothing to do. Cow tipping? no thanks, ill pass

now, if you really want to live, move to europe.
Greece, Italy, Cyprus, anywhere along those lines, those people know how to live.

People are not stressed, and actually enjoy life.

A typical work day consits of:

Start around 9

Break at 12 until 3 - some city's its the LAW to be closed between those hours (just so theres no competition trying to get the business when everyones closed)
Usally at this time, people go back home, eat, take a nap, or if close to the coast head down to the beach to relax.

Back to work 3 to 7, 7:30
Go home, relax, BBQ, have a few drinks on the beach, whatever.

Oh, Monday's is always a late start day around 10
and Friday's usally after 4:30 everyone leaves work.

Oh yeah, traffic? what the hell is traffic?
Parking? ANYWHERE, too lazy to walk? park on the curb to anywhere you want to go, just leave a little room by the entrance so people can get in and out the door.
Crime? Put it this way, someone see's you stealing something, they become the law, you wont be going very far.
Alarm systems, door locks? uhh no thanks, requires too much effort to lock and unlock, they like keep things simple.

Now thats living.
      05-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #32
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Come down to Texas people are nice here
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #33
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well, ive traveled around the country, and the grass is not greener. i actually think i would go nuts being in some citys because the people are really stupid and theres absolutly nothing to do. Cow tipping? no thanks, ill pass

Greece, Italy, Cyprus, anywhere along those lines, those people know how to live.

Start around 9

Break at 12 until 3 - some city's its the LAW to be closed between those hours (just so theres no competition trying to get the business when everyones closed)
Usally at this time, people go back home, eat, take a nap, or if close to the coast head down to the beach to relax.

Parking? ANYWHERE, too lazy to walk? park on the curb to anywhere you want to go, just leave a little room by the entrance so people can get in and out the door.
Crime? Put it this way, someone see's you stealing something, they become the law, you wont be going very far.
Alarm systems, door locks? uhh no thanks, requires too much effort to lock and unlock, they like keep things simple.

Now thats living.
for a new yorker (and maybe even a yankees fan ) you're alright in my book.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #34
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
for a new yorker (and maybe even a yankees fan ) you're alright in my book.

need to have love for the home team.
      05-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #35
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Start around 9

Now thats living.

This sounds really awesome. Sign me up..

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #36
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Josh, i feel for ya broski. sorry your not havin a good time around the area. for someone who is moving here its real difficult to have a good time. you're not the only one, i've definetely known good friends that have hated boston and moved away b/c of the same reasons you're talkin about.

boston is a TINY Ass city and tight nit, harder for newcomers to feel welcome, definetely. someone like me who has been living here all my life and i'm currently in the college scene so i don't have to deal with the prototypical business minded douchebag that you probably do on a day-to-day basis. more like fresh ass college girls right out of high school ready to just party and have a good time. doesnt matter where htey are from boston, chicago, LA, texas, they come from all over the world and spend the most sexually active days of their lives right here in and around this tiny city. i work my ass off 8-5 as an intern on weekdays, attend summer night class to bust my ass in school, and just hit on girls all day long since im single and i can do w/e the fuk i want. then i come home after a long day and just sit and smoke a little blunt or a big one to reward myself after a long ass day. for a guy like me it doesnt really get any better.

unfortunately though i'm still not even 21 so i haven't even had a chance to fully hit up the bar scene legally. there are a few places i go to that i can get away with a fake ID, typically asian restaurants since all americans i think look the same to them.

anyways if you're really struggling and want to hang out or grab a coffee or something do you work in Boston? right now i'm smack in the middle of town town every day and have lunch 12-1 so if you're ever in boston in the day just PM me or something we can hang out talk some bimmers or whatever.

i just feel bummed out when i see ppl having it rough in boston, because i do admit the typical bostonian is a cawk suckin douchebag
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #37
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Trust me, Boca Raton and most of South Florida is way worse. The people there were so bad I found myself literally in tears on the way home from school because of the way that they acted.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #38
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Josh, i feel for ya broski. sorry your not havin a good time around the area. 2. for someone who is moving here its real difficult to have a good time. you're not the only one, i've definetely known good friends that have hated boston and moved away b/c of the same reasons you're talkin about.

boston is a TINY Ass city and tight nit, harder for newcomers to feel welcome, definetely
. someone like me who has been living here all my life and i'm currently in the college scene so i don't have to deal with the prototypical business minded douchebag that you probably do on a day-to-day basis. more like fresh ass college girls right out of high school ready to just party and have a good time. doesnt matter where htey are from boston, chicago, LA, texas, they come from all over the world and spend the most sexually active days of their lives right here in and around this tiny city. i work my ass off 8-5 as an intern on weekdays, attend summer night class to bust my ass in school, and just hit on girls all day long since im single and i can do w/e the fuk i want. then i come home after a long day and just sit and smoke a little blunt or a big one to reward myself after a long ass day. for a guy like me it doesnt really get any better.

unfortunately though i'm still not even 21 so i haven't even had a chance to fully hit up the bar scene legally. there are a few places i go to that i can get away with a fake ID, typically asian restaurants since all americans i think look the same to them.

anyways if you're really struggling and want to hang out or grab a coffee or something do you work in Boston? right now i'm smack in the middle of town town every day and have lunch 12-1 so if you're ever in boston in the day just PM me or something we can hang out talk some bimmers or whatever.

1. i just feel bummed out when i see ppl having it rough in boston, because i do admit the typical bostonian is a cawk suckin douchebag
1. Finally someone admits to it!!

2. You pretty much hit the nail on the head

Thanks for the post, like I said, I think you hit the nail on the head..

Yeah, lets meet up sometime, have a beer or something, either at a G2G or otherwise..

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #39
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Trust me, Boca Raton and most of South Florida is way worse. The people there were so bad I found myself literally in tears on the way home from school because of the way that they acted.
Just wait..

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #40
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Sorry that you feel that way, Josh. I get that way sometimes, too. I have live din Chicago, San Antonio, and remote NJ, and have been all over the place on trips and vacations. I plan on moving back to Chicago after my fellowship ends next year. My wife is form NJ and is looking forward to moving back.

There are multiple issues. Perhaps it is New England or East Coast that I am not used to. The laws don't makes sense, there are regulations and taxes on top of other regulations and taxes (heck, the voters successfully voted to lowe income tax to 5% from 5.3%, and the lawmakers refused). The people are polite (if they want to be) or otherwise passive-aggressive. Heck, I also cannot stand New York, but that is another argument. But that is just because I see the difference from the midwest people. Yeah, we are corn-fed.

Serioulsy, after going to Paris and Holland for an extended vacation last summer (in-laws in Holland, my family is all in Poland), I was thinking of learning French and getting a medical license to practice in Paris.... oh, to sit on the Champs-Elysees during a warm spirng day. One of the guys at Hermes almost convinced me while I was there.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #41
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post

Serioulsy, after going to Paris and Holland for an extended vacation last summer (in-laws in Holland, my family is all in Poland), I was thinking of learning French and getting a medical license to practice in Paris.... oh, to sit on the Champs-Elysees during a warm spirng day. One of the guys at Hermes almost convinced me while I was there.
I Seriously thought of moving to Paris myself on and off for years (been there awhile back).

The woman there, Mmmmm-mmm!!!!!

Maybe trade in the Bimmer for a beemer...

But alas, I'm here in MA...
      05-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #42
DesiGUY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Hmm, well don't ever move to South Florida.

Why w0ts wrong with South Florida? i went to school in Orlando(4+2) and used to visit sFL like every month and i miss that place.

I'm thinking on moving there in couple of yrs for good.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #43
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
DesiGUY, How long ago were you in S. FL?

It's NOT the same... people or traffic wise.. I lived there for a while and went back just a few years ago...

Plus a friend offered me a sales manager postion in FL, I passed!!!! All he does is call me from the road and complains about traffic, we catch up between curses... AND he's the calm one of the two of us...

Maybe it's the heat?
      05-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #44
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY View Post
Why w0ts wrong with South Florida? i went to school in Orlando(4+2) and used to visit sFL like every month and i miss that place.

I'm thinking on moving there in couple of yrs for good.
Maybe visiting is different than living there, or it was a while ago.

Appreciate 0