E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v2 datalog and run against VIP tuned 335

01-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #67
bimmermansfl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLaS View Post
whats up Ajay, umm they did run spray on the 11.2 pass, i believe it was a 75 shot, they don't want to publicize it for marketing purposes... I have my sources cool guys though!
They did not run spray on the 11.2. Trust me I was there. Mike's car is not tuned properly as they had just finished installing the new exhaust on his car.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #68
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I am finally getting my rims put on on thursday. I have been running on the baldest tires you could ever imagine. I had planned on getting a set of tires but that fell through. So I am just waiting for the new rims and tires. Right now my car is going through a real bad tank of gas so we are burning it down replacing the filter. Everytime my car is at idle i feel like a Proffesional Bull rider. When all that is cleaned up I will run him. I have been dying to see his Intake and charge pipe set up cause I know he did it all himself.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #69
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
I am finally getting my rims put on on thursday. I have been running on the baldest tires you could ever imagine. I had planned on getting a set of tires but that fell through. So I am just waiting for the new rims and tires. Right now my car is going through a real bad tank of gas so we are burning it down replacing the filter. Everytime my car is at idle i feel like a Proffesional Bull rider. When all that is cleaned up I will run him. I have been dying to see his Intake and charge pipe set up cause I know he did it all himself.
Please clarify "bad gas." Was it a bad tank from Shell/Sunonco ect., if so where? So we can avoid that location (Or was it leaded race fuel). If you received "bad gas" from a gas station I would make sure I notified the offending party of the "bad gas" and the liability for "bad gas" related damage.
      01-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #70
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Hey! I'm 18 too bud! I can hold my own fairly well.
Right but your not in charge of marketing for a shop while being totally clueless to mechanical knowledge trying to defend obviously badly designed things.
      01-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #71
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Right but your not in charge of marketing for a shop while being totally clueless to mechanical knowledge trying to defend obviously badly designed things.
+1, it is just getting worse by the day for them. Their new exhaust is an absolutely horrible design and it sounds like (crap)
      01-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #72
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Someone said they were scam artists, for a bit I believed him. Now I know there is no way they are because scam artists have to actually be intelligent, witty, clever ETC.
      01-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #73
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Someone said they were scam artists, for a bit I believed him. Now I know there is no way they are because scam artists have to actually be intelligent, witty, clever ETC.
Good observation.

The more products I see them "design" and release the more I want to stay far far away....
      01-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #74
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermansfl View Post
They did not run spray on the 11.2. Trust me I was there. Mike's car is not tuned properly as they had just finished installing the new exhaust on his car.
You were there at the drag strip with them, or you fully inspected the car before they made the runs?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #75
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Quote:

For every guy that said there was no spray there are two guys who say that they were spraying. No timeslip and no vid? Im sorry but that story stinks with bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #76
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan(e92) View Post
For every guy that said there was no spray there are two guys who say that they were spraying. No timeslip and no vid? Im sorry but that story stinks with bullshit.
+1

The 335i needs about ~460 RWHP in order to trap at 121 mph as VIP supposedly did.
Do people realize how strong a car has to be to hit 121 mph in 11.2 seconds with 1.6 60' time much less the 335i doing it in that time???
I would love to see how they claim to get that much rwhp out of these car's on the 14 psi boost they claim without spray.
Heck, I'd love to see how they claim to get that much out of these cars on 16-16.5 psi boost without spray.

To get that kind of power in a 335i you need spray, larger turbos, or some other internal engine mods (porting, cams, etc).
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #77
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
+1

The 335i needs about ~460 RWHP in order to trap at 121 mph as VIP supposedly did.
Do people realize how strong a car has to be to hit 121 mph in 11.2 seconds with 1.6 60' time much less the 335i doing it in that time???
I would love to see how they claim to get that much rwhp out of these car's on the 14 psi boost they claim without spray.
Heck, I'd love to see how they claim to get that much out of these cars on 16-16.5 psi boost without spray.

To get that kind of power in a 335i you need spray, larger turbos, or some other internal engine mods (porting, cams, etc).
+1,000,000

It doesn't add up, and it hasn't since the beginning with the 11.9 run. They don't provide any useful information that people can use to qualify their runs. Obviously it is possible to get 11.9 since Terry has come very close to doing it without the stall converter that VIP needed, but 11.2@121 is a completely differnt story....
      01-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #78
bimmermansfl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
You were there at the drag strip with them, or you fully inspected the car before they made the runs?
I'll see if they can post the timeslip. In the meantime, let's not jump to conclusions. Regardless of the negativity displayed here, we all should be able to agree that they are not doing this for their own benefit but to engineer products that we will all benefit from. Not sure why there's so much animosity against them

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #79
FikseGTS
Private
Rep
Drives: E55,Viper,Q7

Garage List
hopefully that's all it is.... I would have siphoned that out and filled back up instead running the car through it.... sounds like something else could be wrong though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
      01-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #80
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
they are not doing this for their own benefit but to engineer products that we will all benefit from.
That is an interesting business plan; doing something just to help others with no thought to monentary gains.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #81
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Personally, I believe they are on spray. The guy who sold Jacque the car had it setup for spray if I remember correctly. Everyone knows you can easily hide all the wires, tank, tubing, etc. I have also heard people have seen it on Jacque's car.

If the 11.2 was not on spray, then how did he do this? Shiv can't even get that on his car with race gas, downpipes, exhaust, and custom tuned PROcede.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #82
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
That is an interesting business plan; doing something just to help others with no thought to monentary gains.
:
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!

Last edited by 335iheLLraiseR; 01-29-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #83
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Personally, I believe they are on spray. The guy who sold Jacque the car had it setup for spray if I remember correctly. Everyone knows you can easily hide all the wires, tank, tubing, etc. I have also heard people have seen it on Jacque's car.

If the 11.2 was not on spray, then how did he do this? Shiv can't even get that on his car with race gas, downpipes, exhaust, and custom tuned PROcede.
Shiv's car is a MT, while VIP's is an auto with a stall converter. I also believe they were on spray, but using Shiv's 1/4 mile times as reasoning for it is not logical.
      01-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #84
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Quote:
I'll see if they can post the timeslip. In the meantime, let's not jump to conclusions. Regardless of the negativity displayed here, we all should be able to agree that they are not doing this for their own benefit but to engineer products that we will all benefit from. Not sure why there's so much animosity against them
Way to sidestep the question about you inspecting the car or not. I dont know you I dont know Jaque or Pierre or Stefan. I do know you cant trap 121 with the modifications that have been stated EVEN IF you completely stripped the inside of the car, took out the AC etc etc. I would have no problem with VIP having the fastest car. I harbor no animosity toward them. IM never going to the level that they are with the locked diff and things of that nature and I would love repeat LOVE to see the video of this run.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #85
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
+1, it is just getting worse by the day for them. Their new exhaust is an absolutely horrible design and it sounds like (crap)
What about the design is bad? Isn't it just 2 2.5 pipes into one 3.75-4 inch straight pipe, no cats, no mufflers, etc? I would be willing to bet it is the least restrictive exhaust (and loudest) exhaust out there. Definitely not for me but I don't think there is anything wrong with the design if you want to run a straight pipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #86
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

Yeah but 121mph is a whole lot more than 116............
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #87
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post
What about the design is bad? Isn't it just 2 2.5 pipes into one 3.75-4 inch straight pipe, no cats, no mufflers, etc? I would be willing to bet it is the least restrictive exhaust (and loudest) exhaust out there. Definitely not for me but I don't think there is anything wrong with the design if you want to run a straight pipe.
Just the fact the you go from dual to single to dual. I dont see the need for that. I understand being less restrictive, but you can do that with full 3" piping and flow through mufflers so it doesn't sound like crap....
      01-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #88
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
Mike's car does sound wicked, I have to say, very wicked. It was too loud for my taste, not a sleeper by any means, but to each his own.

I didn't want to start a flame thread. I just wanted to tell it like it happened. I was surprised at how even the run was at the time, since I figured his car was more heavily modded. Turns out it is...... Made me happy about my V2!

How bad was his car running? Who knows. Maybe his 02 sensor is messed up or whatever.....................
it was probably "whatever" )
Appreciate 0