E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Low Pressure Fuel Sensor Install (PICS)

12-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
MadeInPhilly
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 318is, E90 335i, 03 GTI

Low Pressure Fuel Sensor Install (PICS)

So I just installed this yesterday. New assembly p/n 13537622751. Here are couple comments and tips.

1) Follow youtube video from SeanN54 of the installation.
2) Take off airbox, chargepipe, throttle body, and the black electrical box. You do not need to disassemble the intake manifold.
3) I tried using a flathead to release the black electrical box but I ended up using a wood chisel and flipped it over to get the black box off the hooks. It came out easy.
4) The fuel line comes off easy. Bunch of electrical connections need to be disconnected to get better access.
5) You can see in the picture the difference between the old (07 335i) and the latest assembly. The bend is different and the mounting tab has a rubber dampener for the engine vibrations.
6) Make sure you get all the hoses, electrical connections, and charge pipe back together.

I'm getting a 2A2C and 2A2B code but I realized I forgot the vac hose that goes to the throttle body.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      12-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInPhilly View Post
So I just installed this yesterday. New assembly p/n 13537622751. Here are couple comments and tips.

1) Follow youtube video from SeanN54 of the installation.
2) Take off airbox, chargepipe, throttle body, and the black electrical box. You do not need to disassemble the intake manifold.
3) I tried using a flathead to release the black electrical box but I ended up using a wood chisel and flipped it over to get the black box off the hooks. It came out easy.
4) The fuel line comes off easy. Bunch of electrical connections need to be disconnected to get better access.
5) You can see in the picture the difference between the old (07 335i) and the latest assembly. The bend is different and the mounting tab has a rubber dampener for the engine vibrations.
6) Make sure you get all the hoses, electrical connections, and charge pipe back together.

I'm getting a 2A2C and 2A2B code but I realized I forgot the vac hose that goes to the throttle body.
Nice pics, thanks for your post.
Appreciate 0