E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Progman 24 does not fix CD pause ( or lack of )

01-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
bakdraft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320 D, March 2006,

Progman 24 does not fix CD pause ( or lack of )

Having had progman 24 fitted to cure my CD not pausing..... well it didn't.

If you pause the CD (or DVD) then turn the car off and leave it for about 30 mins, when you get back, move the idrive controller to entertainment you will see the speaker symbols shows mute (pause) yet the CD keeps on running..

So much for the fix..

Have others noticed this..??
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
pacman
Lieutenant Colonel
India
Rep
Drives: 325i

this has happened to me a lot of times in the past. I tried to pause the CD (i didnt turn off the car) and when i try to turn it back on i find that although it shows a mute symbol on the screen the CD never got paused.
      01-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
JBM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi . . .

Yep, this happens to me.

I noticed it right when I got the car. I would be playing a CD, hit the control knob to turn "off" the system, get out of the car, return to the car, start 'er up, and once the iDrive booted up, I could look and see the time ticking away on the CD but no sound. I could hit the control knob and the sound would come on.

However, if I hit the ccontrol knob to turn "off" the system and not turn off the engine or just turn it off for a second, the CD would still be paused at the last location. I just figured it was a software bug and have learned to live with it.

Does anyone know of a software update that will fix this?

Just as a side note about software updates . . . what exactly are they? How do you find out about them? And is BMW required to give you them or at leasat disclose to you that they are available? I've been on this forum since I started researching my car (almost 1.5 years now) and people have talked about the software updates, but I haven't been able to find anywhere on here exactly what they are and the answers to the above questions . . .

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdraft View Post
If you pause the CD (or DVD) then turn the car off and leave it for about 30 mins, when you get back, move the idrive controller to entertainment you will see the speaker symbols shows mute (pause) yet the CD keeps on running..
Yes, that happens on my car 100% of the time. If I hit mute (pause) on a CD, the CD pauses as it should, as long as the car is running. But if I shut the car off while the CD is paused, the next time I start the car, the CD starts playing but with no sound. The mute symbol is there on the iDrive display, as if the CD were paused, but it isn't. It's just muted. You can see the time counter incrementing on the song.

I thought this was fixed with the PROGMAN update that fixed the "my CD continues to play after I shut off the car" issue. I guess not. I'm disappointed to hear it still is a problem.
      01-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
bakdraft
Private First Class
Rep

Supposidly.... this was meant to be fixed in progman 22.02..

I guess they deciced to break it again in 24.0 :mad:

Be assured... I will be following this up with Customer services, since the explicit reason for my upgrade was to fix this problem and they assured me in writing that it would fix the problem....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf progman23.pdf (69.9 KB, 261 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #6
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Supposidly.... this was meant to be fixed in progman 22.02..
Yup, I remember that. That's why I was surprised to hear it didn't work in this thread.

I have both of the below issues (taken from your PDF). Funny how they mention "audio books on CD" will make #3 most noticeable. It's pretty darned noticeable no matter what kind of CD you're listening to.

3. CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin even after the key is off. No audio output is heard. When the customer returns to the vehicle the audio CD is on a different track. This is most noticeable while listening to audio books on CD.

4. CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin (track counter advances) when the key is turned on, after the mute mode is selected and key is turned off. No audio is heard. Refer to SI B65 32 05.
      02-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
bakdraft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Yup, I remember that. That's why I was surprised to hear it didn't work in this thread.

I have both of the below issues (taken from your PDF). Funny how they mention "audio books on CD" will make #3 most noticeable. It's pretty darned noticeable no matter what kind of CD you're listening to.

3. CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin even after the key is off. No audio output is heard. When the customer returns to the vehicle the audio CD is on a different track. This is most noticeable while listening to audio books on CD.

4. CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin (track counter advances) when the key is turned on, after the mute mode is selected and key is turned off. No audio is heard. Refer to SI B65 32 05.
I have noticed a new variation on this:

If I pause the cd, then make a phone call, when I come back the cd is .... you guessed it running..... Godam thing just want to keep playing no matter what! :mad:
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
I have noticed a new variation on this:

If I pause the cd, then make a phone call, when I come back the cd is .... you guessed it running..... Godam thing just want to keep playing no matter what! :mad:
LOL. I'll have to try that. I have PROGMAN 21. I bet mine does the same thing.