E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > SOLD - Quantum44 E91 'kit' - Sparkling Graphite Metallic

12-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #111
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
But the quality of the kit doesn't sound all that good. I've had awful experiences with fiberglass kits in the past, they just don't last.

I was very serious about buying the rear bumper kit new for my E90, I've easily spent about £3.5k on this forum buying stuff off members. But after reading this sales thread about problems fitting and the fact it's fiberglass I'm glad I didn't pay for a new one.

In-fact I would have been pretty angry if I had bought the kit and it turned up as fiberglass and didn't fit properly...something the original company selling the kit kept quite in their sales blurb...
Fitment is spot on. As I bought rear bumper and Quad exhaust diffuser. It was good enought to be fitted straight!

But my car was (s)old before I put that on.

Last edited by makkan00; 12-20-2014 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #112
Nobber
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring

Quote:
But the quality of the kit doesn't sound all that good. I've had awful experiences with fiberglass kits in the past, they just don't last.

I was very serious about buying the rear bumper kit new for my E90, I've easily spent about £3.5k on this forum buying stuff off members. But after reading this sales thread about problems fitting and the fact it's fiberglass I'm glad I didn't pay for a new one.

In-fact I would have been pretty angry if I had bought the kit and it turned up as fiberglass and didn't fit properly...something the original company selling the kit kept quite in their sales blurb...
Who mentioned anything about problems fitting? I can tell you there were no problems fitting the kit. The only change from OEM was a small adjustment of the front washer jet covers that needed tweaking slightly to sit fully flush. Everything else lined up and fitted perfectly.

Not sure where you are getting your info or prices from buddy but it ain't this sales thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #113
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Sorry I must have mis read the post , I thought you said there were problems with getting the front bumper to fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #114
Nobber
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: 'That' 335i Touring

Quote:
Sorry I must have mis read the post , I thought you said there were problems with getting the front bumper to fit.
No mate, none whatsoever. Was spot on according to my bodyshop guy. He was expecting the worst but was really impressed with the kit.
Appreciate 0