E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 335i on the way :)

04-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
e90turbos
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

335i on the way :)

i just ordered a 335i sedan last week and i never got sport pkg and i was just wondering if the non sport tires have a hard time putting all the power to the ground. does it feel noticably slower than the one with sprt pkg. i never got sport pakage cuz my city has bad roads and weather. one more question as i only have gotten to test the 335i with sport. would u say a non sport handles better than let say a tl-s or g35 sport? thx
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I think sports is one of the must have. I got it simply for the steering wheel and adjustable lumbar support on the seats. I didn't care for the wheels nor the suspension as I knew from the start I would go aftermarket on both items.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I think sports is one of the must have. I got it simply for the steering wheel and adjustable lumbar support on the seats. I didn't care for the wheels nor the suspension as I knew from the start I would go aftermarket on both items.
i believe lumbar support only comes with premium package, but i might be wrong
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

According to the ordering guide, ZPP (Premium Package) comes with Option Code 488 Lumbar Support. The ZSP Sport Package includes Option Code 481 Sport Seats but does not list Option Code 488 Lumbar Support.

No power lumbar in the Sport Package.
      04-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
i believe lumbar support only comes with premium package, but i might be wrong
So what is 'sport' seats if it doesn't have lumbar support?

I have sports package on my 335i, but no premium..and I have the buttons to make the sides of the seat more tight or loosen up, to keep you in place when turning fast.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:

I have sports package on my 335i, but no premium..and I have the buttons to make the sides of the seat more tight or loosen up, to keep you in place when turning fast.
The only thing I can tell is that you're missing the power lumbar from the Premium Package. I don't think there is any other difference in the seats. Actually, you're probably not "missing" it anyway!! I guess I phrased that poorly!
      04-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
ronpal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i & 940T

To the OP
I am in the same position as you. I have ordered an e90 335 without sport. Still thinking about adding it though. I think the main difference is the slightly harsher ride due to the slightly lower profile tires (relative to 328 sport) and slightly firmer suspension vs standard 335. It is not a big difference, but noticeable.

However, I really like the sport seats, which are very different form the standard seats. If I could order those alone I would. I drive on DC streets so I understand your concern about bad roads. I know many on this forum would think I am crazy, but one option I am thinking about is getting the sport pkg, then trying it for a short time and if unhappy sell or swap the wheels to 17s. It seems the 18” 182s are very popular so this should be an easy option.

Oh and the sport seats do NOT have adjustable lumber in the US unless you get the Premium pkg, but they do come with adjustable side bolsters which are great. I dont know about Canada.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
CokerRat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 535i xDrive

Quote:

Terminology issue here. You're talking about the side and thigh bolsters that hold you in place from side-to-side during hard cornering. Lumbar support is what pushes into your lower back countoured to your spine.

The other diff with the sports seats is they ave the extendable thigh support at the front edge of the seat which will be much more comfortable for extended driving. Not sure they they restrict that to the sport seats since it has nothing to do with performance driving.
Appreciate 0