E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Dealer not giving me the production number!?

04-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
e92sam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [0.00]
Where do you find these Status Codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
it's no problem.. I'd hate to be in his shoes. long before I became a CA I went through the whole ordering process and spent days online tracking the boat and everything... hopefully he'll be able to get the info from his CA about that stuff, because I think it really adds to the buying experience. unfortunately some CA's are more 'salesmen' than 'advisors'. smack me if I ever get like that!
That was really cool to help out like that. I have a question maybe you can answer. I go to Owners Circle on the BMW site, and the info is behind and sparse - ok. I call the 800 number and the automated response seems ahead of the Owners Circle. A live person at the 800 number told me my car was in production. But how can you find out the actual status, like 150? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Not that I'm obsessed or anything about knowing more than I have ever wanted to know about how my car was being built. Ok, I am obsessed and admitting I am excited about ordering a BMW. Thanks.

Diesel123, Glad you are getting a good status now!
      04-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #24
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Theroyalwe, would you happen to know how long it takes to get a "confirmed production date" from before it actually goes into production?

Diesel... i'm glad to hear that things worked out for you. Dealerships and salesman can be scum sometimes.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

If it makes you feel any better, I also had to go to the SM to get my prod#. Maybe they don't trust some CA's with that sensitive information.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #26
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI, all BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92sam View Post
That was really cool to help out like that. I have a question maybe you can answer. I go to Owners Circle on the BMW site, and the info is behind and sparse - ok. I call the 800 number and the automated response seems ahead of the Owners Circle. A live person at the 800 number told me my car was in production. But how can you find out the actual status, like 150? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Not that I'm obsessed or anything about knowing more than I have ever wanted to know about how my car was being built. Ok, I am obsessed and admitting I am excited about ordering a BMW. Thanks.

Diesel123, Glad you are getting a good status now!
I can see where he is because I have a BMW logon... because I'm a CA
      04-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #27
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Theroyalwe, would you happen to know how long it takes to get a "confirmed production date" from before it actually goes into production?

Diesel... i'm glad to hear that things worked out for you. Dealerships and salesman can be scum sometimes.
it can be anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks. we actually have 2 status' for 'on order'. 111 status and 112 status. 112 means it will be scheduled for production within a week and won't be able to be modified after that.

the honest answer is that it can vary... I've see something go 'scheduled for production' and sit there for a week and a half. I've also seen a car go from 'on order' right to paint shop within a day. it's a pretty cool process to watch, but there are so many variables involved... I guess some options don't require separate assembly so they just show up at the factory and are ready to go... which means the car doesn't take any more time. others have to be built for the car as a sub-assembly first and then when they are ready the car can go down the line.
      04-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #28
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
it can be anywhere from 1 week to 5 weeks. we actually have 2 status' for 'on order'. 111 status and 112 status. 112 means it will be scheduled for production within a week and won't be able to be modified after that.

the honest answer is that it can vary... I've see something go 'scheduled for production' and sit there for a week and a half. I've also seen a car go from 'on order' right to paint shop within a day. it's a pretty cool process to watch, but there are so many variables involved... I guess some options don't require separate assembly so they just show up at the factory and are ready to go... which means the car doesn't take any more time. others have to be built for the car as a sub-assembly first and then when they are ready the car can go down the line.
Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know that. My salesman wouldn't have been able to ever explain that to me without throwing 20 minutes worth of the BS into the mix.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #29
e92sam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [0.00]
Quote:

Oh, convenient. Thanks for taking time to explain a few things, and help out the OP.
      04-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #30
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know that. My salesman wouldn't have been able to ever explain that to me without throwing 20 minutes worth of the BS into the mix.

why the hell are you giving him the business then? your giving your hard earned dollar to a dealer and an SA that is constantly giving you BS...i would drive another 15 miles or so to another dealer if you can and go from there...if the SA takes it personally that you wouldn't buy from him and go to another SA at his dealership why the hell do you care? obviously he isn't taking his job seriously if he doesn't give you the right answers!!!
________
Anal Vids

Last edited by purplewidow; 03-29-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #31
dkbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
shit even i want to thank the royalwe and he did nothing for me!!!

I wish my CA was like royalwe. My CA is a very nice guy but doesn't seem to know how to return my calls or emails. Oh well, at least my car is completed and got my PCD date.

Delivered June 8, 2007 PCD
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #32
BMFJOHN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Holy crap it's great to have you in here!!! I have a question for you: My CA originally told me that he could have have my car in 4 weeks; that he was able to pull a car that was already scheduled for production and add the options I wanted b/c they are the biggest bmw dealership in St. Louis and have the most allocations. Not sure about the whole process, but I trusted him and bought the car. He told me I had a couple days to add any additional options and 2 days after the original order I saw the 6fl ipod/usb option pop up on the website. So I added this to my order three days after the original purchase. 2 weeks pass, and I ask the CA if it still gonna be here in 2 weeks. He told me that the status went from 150 to 112 since I added the 6FL and that the confirm production is now 4/15. Currently the OC says scheduled for production. Do you have any insight into my situation? Did my CA totally bullshit me? When do you think I'll get my Bimmer? Thanks so much and glad to have you in here.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #33
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
why the hell are you giving him the business then? your giving your hard earned dollar to a dealer and an SA that is constantly giving you BS...i would drive another 15 miles or so to another dealer if you can and go from there...if the SA takes it personally that you wouldn't buy from him and go to another SA at his dealership why the hell do you care? obviously he isn't taking his job seriously if he doesn't give you the right answers!!!
I agree with you 100% that I should not have to put up with this crap when i'm dropping 45k on a car, and if I was back home on Long Island that would certainly be the case that I would be going to one of 4 other dealerships that I have within 30 minutes of my house. Unfortunately, in NC I have my local dealership that is 10 minutes from me, and my only other option is an hour and twenty minutes from me in Myrtle Beach where they didn't want to budge from sticker price with at least a 3 month wait. My only other options are 3 hours away from me in Charlotte and Raleigh, which really blows since if I need the car serviced for whatever reason then my local dealership will give me crap since I didn't buy the car there. Living down here is so much less convenient when it comes to things like this, but I guess that's a tradeoff for the weather.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #34
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
Some dealers demand a deposit for an allocation. Did you give them any money or get anything in writing? If not, you are probably screwed.
At this point I don't think he has anything at all, so the dealer isn't losing out by returning his money. If he actually had a production number and they had modified an existing allocated car then I could see the argument for a partial refund. At this point the dealer has done nothing for him.
      04-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #35
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Tell him if he won't give you the production number then and there you're gonna give him all 1's., and then only because you can't give zeros.

Now THAT was funny!!!!
      04-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #36
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFJOHN View Post
Holy crap it's great to have you in here!!! I have a question for you: My CA originally told me that he could have have my car in 4 weeks; that he was able to pull a car that was already scheduled for production and add the options I wanted b/c they are the biggest bmw dealership in St. Louis and have the most allocations. Not sure about the whole process, but I trusted him and bought the car. He told me I had a couple days to add any additional options and 2 days after the original order I saw the 6fl ipod/usb option pop up on the website. So I added this to my order three days after the original purchase. 2 weeks pass, and I ask the CA if it still gonna be here in 2 weeks. He told me that the status went from 150 to 112 since I added the 6FL and that the confirm production is now 4/15. Currently the OC says scheduled for production. Do you have any insight into my situation? Did my CA totally bullshit me? When do you think I'll get my Bimmer? Thanks so much and glad to have you in here.
it is possible that the 6fl pushed your production date back a bit because of being a brand new option and the first few weeks or so were already filled. the only thing I could do would be to get all your specs and see if there is actually a car coming in that has your specs minus the 6fl. the real question is whether you really wanna know if that's the case.
      04-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #37
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

hey theroyalwe, do you know is there any way to track my car in canada ? is there even a phone # that I can call to verify my order (i got produciton #) ? thx
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #38
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep

I wish I did man... I have no access to the canadian site or anything from them
      04-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #39
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
I wish I did man... I have no access to the canadian site or anything from them
if I call that 800# that everyone calls in usa, think they can verify canandian order ? since its bmw north america... ?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #40
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep

possibly... you can always try. since you have a production # you could PM it to me and I'll see if I can find it somehow. I just don't think I can.
      04-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #41
BMFJOHN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it is possible that the 6fl pushed your production date back a bit because of being a brand new option and the first few weeks or so were already filled. the only thing I could do would be to get all your specs and see if there is actually a car coming in that has your specs minus the 6fl. the real question is whether you really wanna know if that's the case.
Well, I had my salesman fax me a copy of the order and the 6FL was on there. I'm not sure what you mean by seeing if there is a car coming in with my specs "minus the 6FL". I assume you are a salesman and can look this stuff up? What exactly does CA stand for? Sorry, I'm a fool. When do you think I'll get my car if the status just changed on friday to "scheduled for production with a estimated production date of 4/18"--from the 800#. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #42
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well, I had my salesman fax me a copy of the order and the 6FL was on there. I'm not sure what you mean by seeing if there is a car coming in with my specs "minus the 6FL". I assume you are a salesman and can look this stuff up? What exactly does CA stand for? Sorry, I'm a fool. When do you think I'll get my car if the status just changed on friday to "scheduled for production with a estimated production date of 4/18"--from the 800#. Thanks
ca = sales person
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #43
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what I meant is maybe there was a car just as you wanted, but without the ipod... and it was built and shipped to your dealer, but because you wanted the ipod your CA put you in the next available slot rather than using that slot that was no longer able to be changed. I hope that your CA would advise you against the 6fl in that case or be sure to explain that adding it will bump you back... but not all are created equal. (CA stands for Client Advisor... a BMW salesperson). if your car is scheduled for production it will take about a month if you're on the east coast, 5 weeks in the middle of the country and 6 weeks on the west coast... give or take a few days.
      04-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #44
BMFJOHN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what I meant is maybe there was a car just as you wanted, but without the ipod... and it was built and shipped to your dealer, but because you wanted the ipod your CA put you in the next available slot rather than using that slot that was no longer able to be changed. I hope that your CA would advise you against the 6fl in that case or be sure to explain that adding it will bump you back... but not all are created equal. (CA stands for Client Advisor... a BMW salesperson). if your car is scheduled for production it will take about a month if you're on the east coast, 5 weeks in the middle of the country and 6 weeks on the west coast... give or take a few days.
Guess I'm waiting about 5 weeks. The car I ordered was a coupe, black on black with gray poplar wood, manual, navigation, pdc, sport, premium, heated seats, cmft access, and 6FL. Suntrup west county bmw in Ballwin, MO is where i ordered it from (suburb of St. Louis). Thanks for all your help.
Appreciate 0