E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone driven the ALCAN in a BMW?

07-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
RK_Bimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive 50i

Anyone driven the ALCAN in a BMW?

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker here on the boards. The time has come to ask a question I haven't been able to find through searching.

I am active duty Army getting ready to move to Alaska. Has anyone ever driven the ALCAN? If so, specifically with a BMW?

I have a 2008 328xi. I will be going with the stock wheels and RFT's, new as of this past March. Am I crazy to attempt this trip during late July? I have researched as much as possible and the roads appear to be maintained, yet the usual potholes, et al are sure to be abundant. I am looking to drive it mostly for the adventure and scenery.

Any advice or firsthand knowledge would be great. Thanks to all.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
RK_Bimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive 50i

I ended up making the drive in 4 days from Edmonton. Great drive and the car performed/did great. I would recommend to any member out there to do it if they are thinking about it. Some of the roads were worse in spots than others, but that was to be expected.
Appreciate 0