E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Anyone used AP Sport Suspension??

10-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
Raymo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D M Sport

Anyone used AP Sport Suspension??

Hi all, as per title has anyone had any experience with AP Sport suspension, the car is currently on standard m sport suspension but with one shock leaking so it time to look for a change, read about billies b12 stuff but its a little expensive for us at the moment so kind of looking for a reasonable alternative, cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
maxoutput
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 2005

Nope but I am running ST coilovers as another option . I really like them and can be had from Euro car parts and if you stick them in your basket for a few days they often try and tempt you with a discount code.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 07:28 AM   #3
bytejunkie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

Ran APs on my S4 some years back, they were grand for the money. wouldnt hesitate to use again.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Raymo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoutput View Post
Nope but I am running ST coilovers as another option . I really like them and can be had from Euro car parts and if you stick them in your basket for a few days they often try and tempt you with a discount code.
Still a little heavy price wise and also dont want a bone shaker, the missus drives it 99.5% of the time and I really dont need the grief of putting the wrong kit on it, but thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytejunkie View Post
Ran APs on my S4 some years back, they were grand for the money. wouldnt hesitate to use again.
I figured they cant be that bad if "AP" put their name to them, but you never know who sponsors who these days lol, its just unfortunate that a heavy service bill have kinda knocked the cr*ap out of the wallet this month :-( and the failed MOT due to leaky shock obviously means I got to get roadworthy sooner rather than later, may have to take a punt on em and see how it gets on, thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
maxoutput
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 2005

The ST kit is surprising , came from marshmallow se suspension and the ST is firmer but really quite compliant over the bumpy stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
Cerbera9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Still a little heavy price wise and also dont want a bone shaker, the missus drives it 99.5% of the time and I really dont need the grief of putting the wrong kit on it, but thanks for the reply

I figured they cant be that bad if "AP" put their name to them, but you never know who sponsors who these days lol, its just unfortunate that a heavy service bill have kinda knocked the cr*ap out of the wallet this month :-( and the failed MOT due to leaky shock obviously means I got to get roadworthy sooner rather than later, may have to take a punt on em and see how it gets on, thanks for the feedback
Pretty sure the AP suspension is not made by AP Racing who are well known for their braking systems.
The ST Suspension is however made by KW Automotive using the same inserts and valving as their highly regarded suspension.
Appreciate 1