E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Question for car dealers with experience with Manheim Auctions..

08-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #23
Grip Grip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazharracer View Post
I have a dealer license and I do this. If my friend or someone I know wants to get a car i take them in as my driver and they pick the car they want and i charge them $500 fee plus all the Mannheim fees/title transfer fee/state tax....The only thing i would suggest u next time u go with him is u download the Mannheim app and let him sign in with his account and u get free car fax doesnt give u full detail but tells u the owners, accidents...
You read my mind. I was salivating over the way he could scan the vin and get current market pricing and vehicle history. After I buy a second car I'm going to try and convince him to give me his sign-in info so I can research cars in advance. I really don't want to be setting at the computer at his dealership every week if I could do it at home.
      09-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #24
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

from personal experience, on Mannheim anything over 4.2 CR (condition report) would be great.. i didn't even bother looking at anything less than a 4.. they will pick and find most every imperfection.. if you know specific car you're looking for have him run MMR report so you can see what that type of vehicle sold over last few weeks Manheim nationwide.. then when bid time comes you know how far you want to take it.. but keep in mind at least in CA, used car prices at auction are not much different than what you could find on the street.. hence why ton of dealers are curb-stoning.. other states I hear its much better.. too bad i dont live there otherwise i'd prolly keep my license still active, lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #25
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
but keep in mind at least in CA, used car prices at auction are not much different than what you could find on the street.. hence why ton of dealers are curb-stoning.. other states I hear its much better.. too bad i dont live there otherwise i'd prolly keep my license still active, lol.
I guess the more populated and desirable the area, the harder it is to become wealthy to be able to afford to live in said area.

Something doesn't seem right, hahaha
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #26
Grip Grip
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
from personal experience, on Mannheim anything over 4.2 CR (condition report) would be great.. i didn't even bother looking at anything less than a 4.. they will pick and find most every imperfection.. if you know specific car you're looking for have him run MMR report so you can see what that type of vehicle sold over last few weeks Manheim nationwide.. then when bid time comes you know how far you want to take it.. but keep in mind at least in CA, used car prices at auction are not much different than what you could find on the street.. hence why ton of dealers are curb-stoning.. other states I hear its much better.. too bad i dont live there otherwise i'd prolly keep my license still active, lol.
After my auction purchase, I'm convinced the auction is a complete waste of time for cars under 7K. I won't be back unless I have a nice 20K car in my sights with intentions to flip on CL or Ebay or keep for a daily.

I never knew that terminology, but curbstoning is prevalent here in Nashville. I've gotten pretty savvy and google all phone numbers for a listing to find out who's really selling the cars, and I see dealers selling in the private party listings all the time.