E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > What is a better deal? ED or US?

01-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #23
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM View Post
Don't do it for the savings alone unless you really just want to do an in & out trip.

If you're planning a real vacation then most likely the cost of the trip will eliminate the savings. Basically think of it as getting a vacation along with a car versus just getting a car with local delivery.

One hidden saving that is actually often overlooked is the savings in the sales tax depending on your state. For example my sales tax rate is 8.5% in SF, so I'm saving almost $300 in sales tax just on the car itself. That almost pays for the CA option right there.
How are you saving the sales tax? I did ED and I had to pay CA tax.
Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #24
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
How are you saving the sales tax? I did ED and I had to pay CA tax.
Gary
You will still have to pay sales tax, but if the price is lower because of the ED savings, the amount of tax you'll have to pay is lower to. The percent doesn't change, but the overall dollar amount does.
      01-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #25
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon73 View Post
I have been corresponding with a guy from Bellevue. Take a look at his last email to me,

"I don't have the program on my computer to get the invioce on Euro Del. cars, would have to have manager do extensive work to find ED invioce not easy like the US invioce. But we won't sell a coupe any where near invioce here and that would be the same with the Euro. Del. You already save almost $3000 by doing the ED on a car that is very hot in the market place and that many dealers have very few of. Euro delivery is not a thing that many dealership specialize in because it takes more work and there isn't a whole lot of profit in it. I'd rather sell you a car here but if you're going to Germany anyways, why not save the almost $3000...it pays for most of your trip."

A bunch of BS........
Easy to deal with. Just d/l the ED invoice pricing sheet from this forum and hand it to him.
      01-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #26
AJ M2 comp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335Xi

Dont even botheThey really pissed me off trying to add the fees to my car, if they gave me a car at invoice I wouldn’t buy it from them. If I were you I wouldn’t waste the time talking to those asses they only care about the bottom line and could care less about keeping customers happy. If you order it from Yakima you will be treated like a king and the only thing it will cost you is a two hour drive over the mountains, trust me driving back in your new car will make the trip well worth it.r was

2008 e92 335xi 6mt, Montego Blue, Jade Grey, Grey Poplar, Sport, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, KW V3s, M3 spoiler, 35% tint, 3M clear bra, GP Thunder H8
2007 E92 335i*
2003 E46 330Ci*
1994 Ford Probe SE* *Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #27
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassaxi View Post
You will still have to pay sales tax, but if the price is lower because of the ED savings, the amount of tax you'll have to pay is lower to. The percent doesn't change, but the overall dollar amount does.
Exactly because the taxable amt. is lower by about $3-$4K depending on your price and options. Depending on your state's sales tax that's another few hundred dollars which is enough for dinner and a nights hotel in Europe.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #28
g14classified
My other ride has 2 wheels...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW 335i

hey guys im new to the BMW scene, and even newer to this ed stuff..i pretty much understand everything except the whole picking up the car...do you HAVE to pick up the car or is there an option to have it shipped to the dealer...

seems like a stupid question but i cant find an answer

TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #29
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

If you got time to wait, then do the ED.

1) Cheaper car
2) Europe Trip
3) German Beer
4) Dutch girls
      02-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #30
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by g14classified View Post
hey guys im new to the BMW scene, and even newer to this ed stuff..i pretty much understand everything except the whole picking up the car...do you HAVE to pick up the car or is there an option to have it shipped to the dealer...

seems like a stupid question but i cant find an answer

TIA
it's not a stupid question because i asked the same question,

answer: yes you physically have to walk in to the Welt Ctr and sign docs to pick up your car. they pull it out from their inventory and then give you your keys. you then drive your new ride to prague and buy the hottest hooker you can find bc youre so happy. no, or, you can just drive it to the shipping broker that is located in various locations in Europe (there is one outside of Munich, bout 10 miles away from Welt), give them your keys and you'll fly home and wait.