Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > vibtation

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
vibtation

I was getting a very slight vibration with my pretty worn down Toyos. So I got new PSS's. When I first got it back the vibration was worse. I got it balanced again....a little better but still there. Then I got a road force balance. The manager did it with me standing there. He showed me that three of my wheels had a very slight bend to them. When I first got it back, it was pretty good...still a little vibration...but bearable.

And now the vibration has gotten worse...at low speeds and higher. Sometimes I'll hit nice road patches and there's no vibration.

Lately when I drive my other cars...and they are almost brand new...and stock...I notice that there's a little vibration...and it seems like it's on shitty stretches of road. I'm thinking I'm just so paranoid from constantly letting my hands off my car that I'm noticing vibration that I wouldn't have noticed before.

Anyway a guy at work (drives a GTR) told me to make sure my lugs were tight. I thought...no way that could be it but I'd check. When I got home..sure enough the rears were very loose! But I know I torqued these down. So what's the deal? Is it harder to get extended bolts w/spacers torqued down?

Does anyone have this same experience? Wheels being just a little bent and still being able to figure out what to do? How do I get the wheels straightened?

Last edited by gizmo335i; 06-09-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Well since noone wants to even try to help me....I know..this problem is so common and a PITA to help someone with...I've read through every single thread on here and couldn't find one with the exact same problem as me.

I swapped the rears and the fronts and made sure the spacers were straight. Looked like one the rears was off just a little. And tightened up the extended bolts really good. One thing I notice with those...it's really hard to get them tight. And after I drive it, the rears need more tightening. I don't know if they're coming loose or if they just need to be torqued down many times before they'll finally tight. Either way it seems like it's getting better. Anyone else with spacers/extended bolts have this problem?

I was thinking about getting the stud conversion...so maybe this would solve this problem?