E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Code Scanner Help in OC or Diamond Bar/Walnut Area

12-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
DoctorTwinTurbo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6MT

Exclamation Code Scanner Help in OC or Diamond Bar/Walnut Area

So my car overheated and died yesterday in the middle of Santa Monica Blvd, out of the blue, no SES or warning lights...just had the fan start running at high speed suddenly and moments later an overheat warning and car shut off. Same thing again after cooling off and topping off coolant. I have a 09 335 w/ 70K on it and no major engine mods. Pretty sure it's the waterpump/tstat, but I wanted to check the codes to be sure its not something simple like the battery running low current to the pump.

Just found out the autozone/pepboys don't loan out the scanners anymore after calling about 10 of them. Anyone have a scanner in the OC area (i'm in Anaheim) or in the Diamond Bar / Walnut area (where my car got towed too) that I could borrow for a few hours? I'd be happy to reimburse you for the help! Thanks, happy holidays!
Appreciate 0