E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Spray sealants

09-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Spray sealants

Many companies have come up with sealants that you just apply... no need to buff.

I wonder if there is any difference between this products and the traditional ones (in terms of results and durability)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
BMW335icoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Xdrive Coupe

I use Aquartz Reload from Detailers Domain. It has a 6 month durability.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

I've only used one non-buff sealant (won't say which one) and the durability was not bad at all, but definitely not as good as the buff off equivalent. With that said, since it is a spray on, no buff required, it is easier apply and you can thus do it more often making durability less of a concern.

I don't have as much time to play around with my car anymore, so I always go for the longest lasting product which is the buff off version.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
I've only used one non-buff sealant (won't say which one) and the durability was not bad at all, but definitely not as good as the buff off equivalent. With that said, since it is a spray on, no buff required, it is easier apply and you can thus do it more often making durability less of a concern.

I don't have as much time to play around with my car anymore, so I always go for the longest lasting product which is the buff off version.
How about looks?
The zaino spray is supposed to last for 9 months! Which is more than their buff off version
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
How about looks?
The zaino spray is supposed to last for 9 months! Which is more than their buff off version
Looks is all in the prep work. If you wash, clay, and polish the paint to perfection, than any wax or sealant (spray or otherwise) will look great!
Appreciate 0