E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Radar V1 in Europe?

04-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Radar V1 in Europe?

Will it work? I heard that each ticket is about 60 Euros, or just suck it up and slow down.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I dont see why you would need a radar detector there. I mean just follow the speed limits when you're in or near the city areas. Once you've gotten a few miles out most parts will have no speed limit and you can speed all you want without having to worry. Just remember to not pass on the right.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
I dont see why you would need a radar detector there. I mean just follow the speed limits when you're in or near the city areas. Once you've gotten a few miles out most parts will have no speed limit and you can speed all you want without having to worry. Just remember to not pass on the right.
Oh trust me, theres a reason. Those damn cameras are everywhere. Before I left Germany, I had a ticket requiring me to turn my license in for 3 months. I left before I was required to do that, but definitely the autobahn isn't exactly as speed limitless as people think. Plus the undercover cops. I'm glad I don't live there anymore. The country is......not what it was.

Back on topic, will a V1 work on those cameras?
      04-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Oh trust me, theres a reason. Those damn cameras are everywhere. Before I left Germany, I had a ticket requiring me to turn my license in for 3 months. I left before I was required to do that, but definitely the autobahn isn't exactly as speed limitless as people think. Plus the undercover cops. I'm glad I don't live there anymore. The country is......not what it was.

Back on topic, will a V1 work on those cameras?
If you're talking about those traffic cameras that take your pictures, I'm not sure how having a V1 would help. It's true that the Autobahn isnt as unlimited as people think but I think it's pretty good. Sure there are parts where you have slow down and go at 65mph but a lot of parts it was just "exhilarating."
Appreciate 0