E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > daytime running light problem

06-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

daytime running light problem

Idrive said right one went out thought it was my h8 but it wasn't I swapped out the bulbs and it still doesnt work, im guessing its wiring?

Anyone see the issue before? I know bmw won't work on it with my h8 installed and i no longer have the oem's anyone know the part #?
      06-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
Idrive said right one went out thought it was my h8 but it wasn't I swapped out the bulbs and it still doesnt work, im guessing its wiring?

Anyone see the issue before? I know bmw won't work on it with my h8 installed and i no longer have the oem's anyone know the part #?
Is it still under warranty? If it is, bring it to the dealership and let them replace the bulb.

If not, you're just going to have to get someone help you verify that all lights are good. I've had a bulb error and the bulb was still working, it was just on it's last leg and eventually gave out a few weeks later.

At worse, there might be an issue with your LCM. Did you do any lighting mods?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Is the drl on your car the angel eyes or the halogen high beams? I can't remember. Try flashing your high beams and seeing if one side is out.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallseafishie View Post
Is it still under warranty? If it is, bring it to the dealership and let them replace the bulb.

If not, you're just going to have to get someone help you verify that all lights are good. I've had a bulb error and the bulb was still working, it was just on it's last leg and eventually gave out a few weeks later.

At worse, there might be an issue with your LCM. Did you do any lighting mods?

Yeah its still under warranty, they will replace it even if its missing? It's def not the bulb I swapped lux h8's to test it. I never tried any lighting mods other than lux angel eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Is the drl on your car the angel eyes or the halogen high beams? I can't remember. Try flashing your high beams and seeing if one side is out.
I believe its the angel eyes, I'll try the high beam test
      06-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

The ground on top of the angel eye is secure? Sometimes the AE will illuminate but if the ground is weak it will throw a code.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
shiori
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
The ground on top of the angel eye is secure? Sometimes the AE will illuminate but if the ground is weak it will throw a code.
Sir,

I have exactly the same problem with the white LED bulb on left hand side day time running light.

I check the voltage , it is out of voltage.

I am think if it is a wiring problem or some controller issue ?

any idea ?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
marinerd
Addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

I'm in the same boat here. Both just stopped working, error and everything, after I swapped for another two H8 bulbs, twice. Nothing special, just different temp bulbs.
      11-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
duboss
The Traveler
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post

I just recently had this problem fixed at the dealership. I had replaced my AE's with a set of LUX H8s and after a few weeks I lost power on the the passenger side AE. I swapped the LEDs and saw that they both were working on the driver's side. I took my car in and told them I had aftermarket AE's but the driver's side didnt work and I knew my LEDs were good. The technician told me there was a loose connection and they re-soldered and wrap a loose wire. I can only assume that it was I that caused the disconnect during installation of the LUX H8s. Now had I replaced the stock bulbs, I assume the fix would have been free, but it was a pain in the ass to get those LUX H8's in and I was willing to pay for them to fix it.
Appreciate 0