E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > PY Speed - RS Technick Spacers w/Bolts - BUYER BEWARE

10-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

PY Speed - RS Technick Spacers w/Bolts - BUYER BEWARE

I recently purchased the RS Technick Wheel spacers that come with wheel bolts as seen here...

http://www.pyspeed.com/RS-Technik-Wh...-p/rs-8005.htm

First I want to say that I dealt with Eric and he was very responsive and professional. Anyway, the spacers/bolts finally arrived about 5 days later. The spacers looked great, the bolts not so much. The bolts were loosely thrown in a plastic bag which appeared to have been torn open. In fact several bolts were rolling around in the box. Upon closer examination the bolts appeared VERY beat up, the paint was all chipped up and flaking off in my hands. I suspected they were mounted and returned as they appeared used, they were that bad looking. In any event I contacted Eric and he promptly shipped out replacement bolts and even said I could keep the ones I had since I was volunteering to ship them back.

Well,,, a few days later my replacement bolts arrive in a sealed package, but once again they are loosely packed in the bag so they are banging against one another during shipping. To my surprise they too had peeling/chipped paint. It appears they were not even primed before painting which explains a lot. Not only do they look like shit from a cosmetic perspective I expect they will look increasingly worse after they are mounted since I expect they will start corroding rather quickly.

Again, I contacted Eric to notify him that the replacement bolts were also chipped up and that I was disappointed in the quality. He responsed by saying that he would notify the manufacturer of the issue, which is fine, but where does that leave me???! I paid $90 for 2 spacers and bolts and I get some nice spacers and a bag of shit for bolts that I can't even use. Considering I am going to have buy some quality bolts, a partial refund would have been a nice gesture, but that was not even offered.

A disappointing experience.

BUYER BEWARE
Appreciate 0