E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Insanity Fitness Program

06-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #45
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
I did my second fit test over the weekend. Here are my results...

1. Switch Kicks (2 kicks=1 rep): 64 (1st) 66(2nd)
2. Power Jacks: 48 (1st) 51 (2nd)
3. Power Knees: 94 (1st) 99 (2nd)
4. Power Jumps: 35 (1st) 38 (2nd)
5. Globe Jumps: 8 (1st) 10 (2nd)
6. Suicide Jumps: 20 (1st) 21 (2nd)
7. Push-Up Jacks: 35 (1st) 38 (2nd)
8. Low Plank Oblique (2sides=1rep): 32 (1st) 38 (2nd)
Excellent!

I was bad and took the weekend off, my eating was bad also....

But I am back on it today, decided to start the week with Polymetric, starting where I left off on Cardio recovery didn't seem right....

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are counting calories?

If so what is your calorie goal?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #46
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

This morning was tough, Pure Cardio and Cardio ABS, I had no energy this morning, I think my low calorie intake is to blame. I didn't eat much for dinner last night and the lack of fuel was evident this morning.....

HRM shows that I still burned 635 calories, was in the zone 52 out of the 58 minutes I worked out.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #47
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssummers View Post
Excellent!

I was bad and took the weekend off, my eating was bad also....

But I am back on it today, decided to start the week with Polymetric, starting where I left off on Cardio recovery didn't seem right....

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are counting calories?

If so what is your calorie goal?
Not really counting calories but trying to eat really clean. After doing the formula, I'm aiming for 2000-2100 calories per day. I'm preparing everything by baking, broiling and steaming. I do cook my egg whites over the stove but use either cooking spray Or sometimes about a teaspoon of olive oil. I stay away from any white carbs and try to eat 5 meal/snacks a day. I make my own fruit smoothies with 2% milk. I also don't take the shakeology shakes cuz they are crazy expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #48
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
So hows everyone doing? I messed up pretty bad and missed a week of exercise cause of my birthday weekend. Im gonna get back on track tomorrow night.
      06-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #49
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

I've actually stayed on track this weekend, getting ready to do my last day of the first section, then go into "recovery" week.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #50
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Pretty much on track also. I'm 17 days in the program, not counting days off.

Last edited by ny176; 06-27-2010 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #51
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
oh man, i stopped for a week and insanity kicked my ass today. Dont stop!
      07-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #52
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

I'm on day 3 of my recovery week, still going strong.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #53
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

I'm still going strong with the Insanity! Finishing up week 4 right now and will be going into the recovery week. One thing that I have noticed tho is that my hamstrings are constantly tight. I do some of my own stretching before firing up the workouts and stretch afterwards as well as at nights, but I just can't seem to get them loose again. While I am still probably more flexible than most people, I know that my hamstrings are tighter than they were before I started Insanity. I'm hoping they will feel back to normal by the end of the recovery week. I might also do the p90x yoga routine tomorrow (my off day) to see if that helps out. Anyone else experiencing this?

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #54
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
I'm still going strong with the Insanity! Finishing up week 4 right now and will be going into the recovery week. One thing that I have noticed tho is that my hamstrings are constantly tight. I do some of my own stretching before firing up the workouts and stretch afterwards as well as at nights, but I just can't seem to get them loose again. While I am still probably more flexible than most people, I know that my hamstrings are tighter than they were before I started Insanity. I'm hoping they will feel back to normal by the end of the recovery week. I might also do the p90x yoga routine tomorrow (my off day) to see if that helps out. Anyone else experiencing this?
Haven't experienced any tight hamstrings myself. Hopefully you can recover and be back to normal before starting the MAX routines. I'm alittle over 3 weeks and have lost 8 lbs but should have taken measurements cuz my fiancé told me I'm losing more around my chest and midsection so I'm gonna start measuring on Monday. My goal is 8-10 more lbs by the end of the program. I thinking I'll go through the MAX month twice before hopping into p90x. This past week was the first time I'm able to complete the workouts without pausing the DVD. I swear Shaun t is trying to kill me. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #55
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm on day 3 of my recovery week, still going strong.
How's the recovery week workouts? I know you do the same DVD the whole week. I haven't gotten the chance to pop that DVD in. I was wondering if it's like the recovery workouts on Thursdays?
Anyone doing any extra workouts after the insanity workout? I was considering running again cuz I miss it but wanted to follow the program and not be drained the following day for insanity. I was thinking only 2 days a week including the day off on Sunday for only 2.5-3 miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #56
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny176 View Post
How's the recovery week workouts? I know you do the same DVD the whole week. I haven't gotten the chance to pop that DVD in. I was wondering if it's like the recovery workouts on Thursdays?
Anyone doing any extra workouts after the insanity workout? I was considering running again cuz I miss it but wanted to follow the program and not be drained the following day for insanity. I was thinking only 2 days a week including the day off on Sunday for only 2.5-3 miles.
Today is my last day of recovery week. The workouts are not the same as recovery day. It's still a good workout, just not as intense from a cardio perspective. It's interesting to see how you start to feel the exercises in your core once you develop the strength there.

In hindsight I really wish I had taken before pictures, I can tell how much I have changed over 5-6 weeks, would be nice to have the before pics to remind me I will never get that way again.

I do typically do some sort of workout on my days off, I don't have the energy to double up though.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #57
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

MAX starts today!!!

Waiting for the wife to leave for work so my workout space is free and clear.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #58
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
MAX starts today!!!

Waiting for the wife to leave for work so my workout space is free and clear.
Holy crap,,,,,

I thought I was doing pretty well, it went to a completely different level today.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #59
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Holy crap,,,,,

I thought I was doing pretty well, it went to a completely different level today.
Ohhh man can't wait for this. I added an extra week on month 1 cuz I started the program on a Thursday. Then, one week of recovery week then on to the second month. How many more minutes are the MAX exercise than month 1 exercise? Also, are you planning on adding more calories to your daily diet because of the extra workout?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #60
ssummers
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ohhh man can't wait for this. I added an extra week on month 1 cuz I started the program on a Thursday. Then, one week of recovery week then on to the second month. How many more minutes are the MAX exercise than month 1 exercise? Also, are you planning on adding more calories to your daily diet because of the extra workout?
Just returned from some work travel this week.

Skipped two days of MAX but starting again tomorrow. Actually needed to rest my knee a bit anyway as it was hurting alot, I pushed a little too hard on the MAX program even though I was trying not to. With 2 MAX disks that I've done so far it puts the workouts at pretty close to an hour.

I haven't added any calories, I'm still losing weight, may need to add some to keep my energy up though. I did "add" alot of calories the last two days as I ate alot of stuff I haven't been eating lately.

Last edited by ssummers; 07-09-2010 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #61
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

ive been thinking of trying this insanity workout, heard alot about it. Ive been doing my own thing for the past year or so but only seriously hitting the weights and cardio and dieting the past 6 months, went from a bulky 198 lbs now im down to 155 lbs 6 months later. Lost alot of weight and cut down a whole lot and at the same time im much stronger than i was at the heavier weight. And also went from 18 percent body fat to now im sitting between 6 and 10 percent body fat depending on which machine i measure with and time of day etc..im very happy with the results but i want to see what this insanity routine is all abt.

Last edited by DFW_MThree; 07-10-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #62
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvis08 View Post
ive been thinking of trying this insanity workout, heard alot about it. Ive been doing my own thing for the past year or so but only seriously hitting the weights and cardio and dieting the past 6 months, went from a bulky 198 lbs now im down to 155 lbs 6 months later. Lost alot of weight and cut down a whole lot and at the same time im much stronger than i was at the heavier weight. And also went from 18 percent body fat to now im sitting between 6 and 10 percent body fat depending on which machine i measure with and time of day etc..im very happy with the results but i want to see what this insanity routine is all abt.
Dam dude u lost 43 lbs in 6 months!! That's pretty awesome. Good job! Definately should give insanity a shot. It's mostly cardio. Can I ask you what kind of diet did you go on? Just finished my first month and I'm on recovery week of the program. So far lost 9 lbs. Mainly eating as clean as I can. Lots of veggies and some fruit. Mostly bake broil or grill chicken breast and fish. Just got the George Forman grill, that thing is awesome. Cut out all white carbs. Anything else I should be doing? Trying to eat every 3 hrs or so.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #63
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

CrossFit FTW. /troll
2006 JB 330i/ZPP/ZSP/I-Drive/Heated Seats/L7/Blacklines/19" Gunmetal V710's on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas/BMS PBX/Red MFD Scoops/Matte black grilles/Matte black Amber Gone 2.0s/BSW center midrange speaker/35% tint/Black and white roundels
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 02:08 AM   #64
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, I'm done with recovery week. Doing core cardio and balance for 6 days was getting really boring so I did pure cardio on day 4. So far I have lost 11 lbs. Bring on MAX month!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #65
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

Quote:
Dam dude u lost 43 lbs in 6 months!! That's pretty awesome. Good job! Definately should give insanity a shot. It's mostly cardio. Can I ask you what kind of diet did you go on? Just finished my first month and I'm on recovery week of the program. So far lost 9 lbs. Mainly eating as clean as I can. Lots of veggies and some fruit. Mostly bake broil or grill chicken breast and fish. Just got the George Forman grill, that thing is awesome. Cut out all white carbs. Anything else I should be doing? Trying to eat every 3 hrs or so.
Thanks man, im very happy with the results, here is mainly what i did and ate,I completely cut out sodas, used to drink abt 5 a day, no for the past year im down to none, ever, no "flavored juices, they are packed with sugar, mainly just drink water, orange juice and vitamin water zeros. And to cut down i ate about 4 to 6 times per day but small meals and usually consisted of an egg white and spinach omlette for B-fast or whole grain cereal, lunch would be any kind of fish or lean meat such as turkey, lean beef patties(no bread) and lots of veggies, which you need for carbs if your training hard each day. ALWAYS about 1-2 servings of natural fruit per day, no fruit in sweetened syrups. And dinner i almost always ate lean burger patties and veggies or a small chicken breast(tyson kind) and veggies. But you could also do tuna, or any other fish. And i always take protein supplements once a day, 2 scoops on workout days 1 scoop on non lifting days. Now that i have cut down alot i have upped my calorie intake to try to buil back some more muscle, so i eat alot more protein as well as take protein supplements still. I use syntha-6 protein its pretty lean and ive gotten the best results from it. Just make sure if your taking in more calories you work out hard to burn them off, this is where you will notice size increase and strength gains. So basically you dont have to be on a super strict diet to do it, just eat healthy and smaller portions, and in between main meals eat a snack like banana or i eat bear naked granola since it is 100 percent natural. Sounds like your on the right track, and the Forman grill is awesome lol i have one i use daily.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #66
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvis08 View Post
Thanks man, im very happy with the results, here is mainly what i did and ate,I completely cut out sodas, used to drink abt 5 a day, no for the past year im down to none, ever, no "flavored juices, they are packed with sugar, mainly just drink water, orange juice and vitamin water zeros. And to cut down i ate about 4 to 6 times per day but small meals and usually consisted of an egg white and spinach omlette for B-fast or whole grain cereal, lunch would be any kind of fish or lean meat such as turkey, lean beef patties(no bread) and lots of veggies, which you need for carbs if your training hard each day. ALWAYS about 1-2 servings of natural fruit per day, no fruit in sweetened syrups. And dinner i almost always ate lean burger patties and veggies or a small chicken breast(tyson kind) and veggies. But you could also do tuna, or any other fish. And i always take protein supplements once a day, 2 scoops on workout days 1 scoop on non lifting days. Now that i have cut down alot i have upped my calorie intake to try to buil back some more muscle, so i eat alot more protein as well as take protein supplements still. I use syntha-6 protein its pretty lean and ive gotten the best results from it. Just make sure if your taking in more calories you work out hard to burn them off, this is where you will notice size increase and strength gains. So basically you dont have to be on a super strict diet to do it, just eat healthy and smaller portions, and in between main meals eat a snack like banana or i eat bear naked granola since it is 100 percent natural. Sounds like your on the right track, and the Forman grill is awesome lol i have one i use daily.
Thanks for the tips jpurvis08. I'll be sure to use them. I'm thinking of laying off the added protein supplements until I start P90x. My plan is to do Max month 2 of insanity for the next two months and jump into P90X to start building more mass. Would love to lose 12-14 more lbs in the next two months. I know how much harder I would have to work when I get closer to my target weight of 165 lb.
Appreciate 0