E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Why I Will Never Buy I-Forged Again

04-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #45
OverSpun
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR E92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Shit happens bud!! Gotta also keep in mind your not their only customer, they are making wheels for many people!!!!
Exactly... I mean, its not their fault that UPS damaged the wheel, and they cant exactly push other peoples orders out of the way to take care of something. Seems like they did what needed to be done, IMO.
      04-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #46
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSpun View Post
Exactly... I mean, its not their fault that UPS damaged the wheel, and they cant exactly push other peoples orders out of the way to take care of something. Seems like they did what needed to be done, IMO.
wrong. it wasnt ups fault fuckin up the powdercoat, scratching my lip, and taking a long ass time to make? iforged is garbage and i feel bad for people with them including myself it just feels like extra weight. i shouldve done my research before i got them shit. poor customer service too.
I-FORGED WHEELS FTL
      04-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #47
OverSpun
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/CR E92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
wrong. it wasnt ups fault fuckin up the powdercoat, scratching my lip, and taking a long ass time to make? iforged is garbage and i feel bad for people with them including myself it just feels like extra weight. i shouldve done my research before i got them shit. poor customer service too.
I-FORGED WHEELS FTL
My post was not directed at you... it was related to the OP's post.
      04-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #48
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSpun View Post
My post was not directed at you... it was related to the OP's post.
don't know if you saw, but they messed up my powdercoating on the new wheel...much like Pakman is saying. perhaps you are missing the entire point about it being more about customer service than about the wheel itself being bent by UPS.

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #49
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

iforged must die
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 01:33 AM   #50
adrock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [9.58]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Mike this is like deja vu for me. I had almost this exact same experience with iForged Essens. They were completely un-round, and every time I had the wheel company that was mounting the wheels call Vince and read him the run outs, etc, he acted like it was the shipping companies fault! After the 3rd time sending my wheels back I decided enough was enough.

The place that mounted them sells very high end wheels (Volk, BBS etc) and said (even price aside) these wheels were the worst they had ever seen, but hey they look great right? I am defiantly done with iForged.
      04-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #51
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
and my lip came all scratched up and shiet. i complained and called iforged. left them emails. they didnt get back to me etc. so i said fuck it.
mine too I think they wrapped it all fucked up and it gets scratched. I should complain too but not worth the trouble +1000 i personally bought mine from vince directly good guy so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #52
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
Mike this is like deja vu for me. I had almost this exact same experience with iForged Essens. They were completely un-round, and every time I had the wheel company that was mounting the wheels call Vince and read him the run outs, etc, he acted like it was the shipping companies fault! After the 3rd time sending my wheels back I decided enough was enough.

The place that mounted them sells very high end wheels (Volk, BBS etc) and said (even price aside) these wheels were the worst they had ever seen, but hey they look great right? I am defiantly done with iForged.
wow are you serious? 3 times is utterly RIDICULOUS. i can't even believe there's another delay because of the powdercoat let alone having to send the wheels back three times. i see that you are getting some different wheels in your sig...I-Forged just agreed to refund your money?

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #53
adrock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [9.58]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post
wow are you serious? 3 times is utterly RIDICULOUS. i can't even believe there's another delay because of the powdercoat let alone having to send the wheels back three times. i see that you are getting some different wheels in your sig...I-Forged just agreed to refund your money?
Actually I should clarify that it was two separate times but with 3 different wheels. Both times iForged blamed it on the tires, the shipping co. etc.... so I "worked" through themodcity to get the wheels refunded (4 month process where the wheels sat in my garage).

All in all the wheels were on the car for about a week out of 6 months of ownership, mounted and dismounted 2 or 3 times (50 bucks per), shipped out twice to iForged (on their dime) and twice to themodcity (on my dime $180 per).

Just make sure you have the company that is mounting the wheels takes note of the condition right out of the box, and have them throw them on the RF balance machine before you put your tires on. I had them write up a few notes documenting that the wheels were improperly made just in case it came back to me.

GL
PS The exhaust is great (sooo loud )! Thanks
      04-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #54
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
Actually I should clarify that it was two separate times but with 3 different wheels. Both times iForged blamed it on the tires, the shipping co. etc.... so I "worked" through themodcity to get the wheels refunded (4 month process where the wheels sat in my garage).

All in all the wheels were on the car for about a week out of 6 months of ownership, mounted and dismounted 2 or 3 times (50 bucks per), shipped out twice to iForged (on their dime) and twice to themodcity (on my dime $180 per).

Just make sure you have the company that is mounting the wheels takes note of the condition right out of the box, and have them throw them on the RF balance machine before you put your tires on. I had them write up a few notes documenting that the wheels were improperly made just in case it came back to me.

GL
PS The exhaust is great (sooo loud )! Thanks
Wow. That is quite the hassle...and quite an annoying amount of money you had to spend just to a.) find out things were still messed up, and b.) to send back to ModCity. I definitely plan on having the shop put it directly on the RF machine first. That's when we initially saw that the original wheel was out of round. Good advice about having proper documentation!

By the way, I'm glad you're enjoying the exhaust! I was getting worried when I didn't hear from you in awhile, haha. I'm sure you saw how absolutely brand new it was when you opened the box

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #55
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
Same story with iForgery, looks like nothing has changed... Sorry to hear about your bad experience Mike, but it echoes what I've read and experienced through complaints of others. I had a friend who was a rep for them and even he agreed that was a big mistake.

Powdercoating a wheel twice is not good, it actually reduces the strength of the wheel, and while it's arguable whether this is just theory or true in practice, I wouldn't want a wheel that I know COULD be compromised.

By the time most people have spent the time and money dealing with mounting / dismounting / shipping to iForged, they could have just bought the real wheels that iForgery copies and it would have cost them the same, and with less headache.
      04-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #56
aequitas330
Montego Blue FTW
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue e90 328xi

In addition to all of this....
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137172

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:26 AM   #57
krnshinsa
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

just saw the GM of iforge on eurotuner tuner today (his 335i was in it) guy looks like a douche
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #58
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
Anyone with experience with DPE?
if you have a genuine question, that should be started in a new thread
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #59
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep

i e-mailed them to see if they had an answer to whether or not re-powdercoating will indeed weaken the rim itself.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #60
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Does anyone actually know which company copied which each others designs to begin with?

The reason I ask is because so many people sling shit at iForged, but when I tried searching (I may have not searched hard enough though), I could not find which company was founded first when I googled "iForged," "DPE," "HRE," etc.

Take 360forged wheels for example. According to their website and subsequent article in the Dupont Registry, they've only been around for 2 years. Sure, their wheels are very nice and probably made very well, but I've yet to hear one person calling their designs "knockoffs" or "copies" of DPE's wheels or HRE's wheels, correct? Call a spade a spade, but at least be fair about it.

Does anyone really know without a doubt, or is iForged simply the scapegoat for everyone's dissatisfaction with rim manufacturers?
      04-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #61
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
I been modding for awhile so i remember the order clearly.

In order..

HRE
Iforged
DPE

I think there were two owners at Iforged when it first started but one left and started DPE. HRE is the original gangsta. Although I am not sure if HRE came up with all the designs. They could have copied another brand...
      04-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #62
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep

Garage List
HRE came way before iForgery. Some of iForgery's initial wheels were basically direct copies of the HRE 54x series.
      04-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #63
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
I been modding for awhile so i remember the order clearly.

In order..

HRE
Iforged
DPE

I think there were two owners at Iforged when it first started but one left and started DPE. HRE is the original gangsta. Although I am not sure if HRE came up with all the designs. They could have copied another brand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
HRE came way before iForgery. Some of iForgery's initial wheels were basically direct copies of the HRE 54x series.
So then....why is it no one dogs DPE or 360forged's designs as much as they do to iForged's?

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I can't see why the obvious disparity exists.
      04-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #64
Eclipse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i

Damn sorry to hear, now im def not gonna buy iforged
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #65
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
So then....why is it no one dogs DPE or 360forged's designs as much as they do to iForged's?

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I can't see why the obvious disparity exists.
Because their designs are not total rips from other wheel manufacturers. I mean, iForgery's stuff looks A LOT like the stuff from other wheel companies. Particularly their early stuff, it's basically a straight rip, in my opinion.

DPEs and 360s seem quite unique to me. I don't see them making seemingly direct copies of other wheels.
      04-29-2008, 02:58 AM   #66
san~man
Tired
Rep

For debates sake, you're not serious, are you?

DPE S20=Seneka
=

S7=Daytona

S10=Drifts

LS5=Concepts

The similarities cannot be overlooked. I'm not hating on DPE, but I just can't stand people picking on only one brand when more then one company is doing the same thing.