E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Have any of your "friends" evaded cops?

07-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #23
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
but when ur old youll outgrow that rush feeling im sure and would want to just "obey" everything
      07-19-2007, 12:32 AM   #24
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
but when ur old youll outgrow that rush feeling im sure and would want to just "obey" everything
hahaha. Yea i got that video Beni, you send it to me once. Hahaha, shhh.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #25
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

About 12 years ago, was driving a 1990 bright red chevy cavalier. Was racing my friend down sonoma ave in Santa Rosa when a motorcycle cop drove by in the opposite direction. (two lanes each direction) Two buddies were in the other car and I was in mine with my girlfriend. We were going about 55 in a 25, yes extremely stupid in my young age.

I immediately saw the cop start to negotiate a 180 turn through the traffic with his lights on. With the speed difference, I was already 5 blocks away from the cop and I slammed the breaks and turned left through an intersection just as the light was turning red onto Santa Rosa Ave/Mendo. Then about a block and half down, pulled into an old motel 6 parking lot and drove around the back and turned off the car. My heart was racing soooo fast. It was about 7pm so light really didn't matter at that point.

After about an hour of freaking out in the car and trying to calm my girlfriend down, we drove back to my place. My buddies were in front of my house when I got there. They said they had turned right a couple streets before me when they saw the cop and hid in an apartment complex. They beat me to my house by about 10 minutes.

So we all got in a different car to drive to the beach to a party and my other buddy, who was previously a passenger, was now driving. On the way to the beach he missed a turn at a winding stop sign and we drove into a ditch at like 5 mph. Drove the car out and searched for a missing hubcap but no real damage.

Needless to say, I once was young and stupid, so were my friends. We all lived to tell the tales and now we're hopefully a little more responsible than before.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #26
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

hmmm... i evaded once. but not as crazy. i was on the freeway going around 90 in a 65 or 55. i see this cop hiding in the center divider a little late and my RD didnt go off but i see in the rear view taht he pulls out of his spot. so i floor it and take the next exit and goto a supermarket and waited out for 10 minutes. no one came.
      07-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #27
Procure
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

There was this one road that I had traveled often and never seen a police car. About a year ago I was going 75mph on it (it was a 40mph zone) but completely straight and no cars. So I pass this car over a little hill and notice its a highway patrol car. I look in my rearview mirror as he turns around over the double yellow (no lights on). I found the nearest road to turn off, navigated to a main road (quickly) and got to my house, got in the garage and closed the garage door. A huge rush of adrenaline- when I got out I was shaking.

I waited for a cop to come to my door all night and waited for a ticket in the mail but it looks like he didnt get my license plate.

Scariest thing ever :-/
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #28
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAandTT View Post
hahaha. Yea i got that video Beni, you send it to me once. Hahaha, shhh.
lol how do u know my name?
      07-19-2007, 01:11 AM   #29
tzuten
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zameergill View Post
+1!!!!!
I thought about it, wonder if he would care if the in-car cop video that was released to him was on youtube.. Forget it, I'll post it..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #30
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Did it once. It was stupid but fortunately it worked out.

Earlier this year was on the freeway doing about 95 in a 70; weekend morning so it's wide open. Come around a turn, and there's a state trooper on the overpass with the radar gun across the top of his car. I go beneath him and check my rear-view to see him getting into his car.
At this point my mind goes:
Option A: Get pulled over.... I'm effed.
Option B: I'm already at this speed; he's got to get in his car, buckle up, come down the onramp, and get up to speed.

I go with Option B.
Switched over to the right lane (used my signal) and grabbed the next exit (maybe 100 yards past his on-ramp) which was another freeway. then took the immediate exit from there, turned right, then right again at the first intersection.

I changed my driving route and avoided that stretch of freeway for about a week.
      07-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #31
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
lol how do u know my name?
he's the guy who took the picture you have in your sig...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #32
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
he's the guy who took the picture you have in your sig...
huh? seriously? I can swear that nikki took that pic lol
      07-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #33
Str8EJ
Master of Ceremonies
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Jet Blk/Blk/6Spd

n/m.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #34
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
i have one....
A "friend" of mine was driving down a mountain/canyon road at around midnight. He was going very very fast, there were extremly small straightaways inbetween the turns. So he gets onto the straight away, downshifts, floors it...boom very very fast speeds. Then my friend looked to his right on one of those little "views"(the places couples pull over to hookup), as he drove by this view, he saw a police ranger hiding there. My friend figured, "fuck this", so he just guns it, and as he is about to hit the turn, he looks in his rear-view and sees the ranger with lights on, begining to take off. My friend drove the fastest he has driven in his life, and the ranger never caught-up. My friend then turned onto another street and went home. He was so unbelivably nervous that the cop might have gotten the license plate number. But thankgod, a letter has yet to arive at my friends house. Plus, the cop had about 1 second to be able to see the plate before my friend went on a turn. So yep. Big big big rush, very scary.

Disclaimer: i know of no such person who would evade an officer of the law. Everything i said is for entertainment and cannot be held against me in the court of law.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #35
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

Your all Wimps.

I have ran at least 8 times..

3-4 times on the backroads, cops turn around light bars on, i just gun it and disappear.. 1 time it was a judge and he tried to run me off the road, it was hilarous.

1 time helicopter Cop, had a plan already, gunned it to the Airport a mile away, he wasnt allowed to enter the Flight Zone, took the airport exit and a few turns, lights off, left the car there over night.

1 time highway doing 130mph, unfortunatley i lost my brakes at the end of the exit ramp, so i coulnt run any further. removed the paraphenlia from my car and waited, 1 min later 3 cops show up from all sides, arrest me, lost license for 7 months , damn

1 time on the highway, passed cop with radar at 140+ at 4am, I 95 Florida, just kept going, took an exit, disappeard in the back roads..

Another time highway, 2 city cops, 1 local cop all in a row after me down the highway, my freind behind them was keeping me posted via phone there progress, I was far enuff ahead that I just keept gunning it to over 150 and disappeared into the city and let the car stay over night.. that was a CLOSE one..

id say i saved myself a lot of trouble

My rule is that if im on a backroad i know, i disappear if my license hasnt been read. If im on a highway near a exit i know i also keep going if i think i have the chance, if im on a random highway i dont know..i stop and take the ticket..

95% of the time when i follow these rules and i decide to run, i get away..

Funny thing is i taught a kid once my run roads and technique, 2 months later he was arrested for trying it, when they asked him why he ran, he said i told him too hahha..

I dont suggest anyone doing this shit.. Ive had a lot of track experience, and i do this on roads i know very well and where there isnt traffic or people to put in danger.. I dont weave, i dont run shoulders, i just know how to drive well.. I have paid a price for loosing the battle, but the sweetness of avoiding court, fines, tickets ect..when you do get away.. makes it all worth it..

Yes its dumb.. dont do it, there are Many risks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #36
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

I got a story.

about 2 summers ago 2 of my friend's were street racing down this backroad that's about a perfect mile long of smooth road. as they were doing over 120mph they didn't know there was a cop sitting on the side of the road. One of my other friends who was there (not driving) had a police scanner and heard the cops saying there was 2 black cars in pursuit of high speeds. so my friend in an RX7 sped down the road and kept going knowing there was a cop, turned at a red light and booked it to my house. The other kid in the 350Z went his own way and didn't get caught either. Later on we all met up and laughed about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
ive evaded the TTPD 3 times. two of the stories arent that great. the other one is just literally, unbelievable. so i wont even bother telling yall cause i would get flamed beyond reason. i will say, the epic chase involved 3 separate police vehicles.
      03-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #38
chrisM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Red E92 M3

I have a crazy "run" story. I was about 15 years old with my restricted license and me and 3 of my friends were at a gas station buying beer (all under age) but the guy sold alcohol to kids he didnt care. Well im sitting in the car with my trunk open waiting for my friend to come out of the gas station with the beer when I see a police car at the light waiting for it to turn green. So the guy tells my friend to be very fast so noone sees him selling beer to a minor and my friend runs out of the store with the beer and throws it in the trunk...the cop was still at the light and he sees him do this...oh shit...he flashes his police lights and drives up to my car and tells everyone to get out. About 2 more police cruisers drive up while he asks me to open my trunk. I open it and sitting nice and still are two 12 packs of some refreshing corona light. The officer asks how we got the beer and we were nervous as hell so we tell him that the clerk sold it to us. He goes inside and speaks with the man and he tells him we just ran out with it . Shit is looking very grim for us at this moment and all that is going through my head was my dads going to fucking kill me! That was maybe the second time my dad let me take out the car since I had just got my restricted. Well the officer promptly tells us all to sit on the curb and calls me and asks me my age. I tell him im 15 and immediately he knows I dont have a license. There are now 4 police cruisers and me and my 3 friends are just shitting bricks sitting down on the curb awaiting our fate. I then hear my friends whispering something to each other while the cops were deliberating on what they were going to do. It then comes to me and they are planning on making a run for it LOL I couldnt do it since I had my car there. So I tell them to just run and save themselves. Next thing you know I hear them counting off the escape..3...2...1 RUN! The cops made a big mistake of not handcuffing us. STOP MOTHER FUCKERS! shouted one of the officers and the next thing you know there were about 6 cops running after my friends and I was sitting there ALONE (no cops they all were chasing my friends) I took a quick glance around, looked at my open car door, calmly got up and proceeded to my car, turned it on and just drove away lol didnt even think twice about it. I knew I couldnt be on the road for long because the cops would call it in and what do you know I see 2 police cars speeding down the road, sirens, lights, and all. I then gunned my 4 cylinder nissan altima looked for the nearest neighborhood and drifted into it. I think I become a better driver when I have adrenaline pumping through my veins because I was driving like a freakin pro! I had to go into this complex through the exit gate as this car was just getting out. I turned off my lights looks for a parking space and pulled in, got out my car and ran! I noticed after a few minutes that the cops didnt see where I went so it was safe for me to return to my car, pop my trunk and open a few beers and give cheers to myself for a job well done.. As for my friends all but one got away because he got hit with an undercover police car while he was running. Later that night (about 3 hours to be exact) I met up with my remaining friends and drank our beers and laughed about how crazy the night was and how we gave the police the slip!

edit: amazingly I didnt get in trouble, the police cruiser was parked somewhat in back of me so I was nervous that he might have got my license plate...but nothing..I also dont recommend this to anyone. I was very young and stupid.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #39
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

i did it a couple years back. left the club and driving in an unfamiliar area. the road somehow turned into a one way and i went the wrong direction. saw a cop approaching from a few blocks down so i pulled a sharp left into some random street and pulled over. shut off the car and dropped my seat back.

never again! i was shitting bricks..
      03-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #40
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

It's not an evade story, but It was certainly memorable. It's 2am in the morning, my buddy is in the left lane going ~70 on a 55, I'm in the passenger seat. He looks in his rearview, and he's like, is that a crown vic at 5 o'clock? I mumbled something to the extent of "possibly", so he speeds up a bit. He sees the car catching up, still in a lane to the right, so the moment he sees the nose of the car, he accelerates further (doesn't like people passing him I guess), so now we're going 85-90, when the car to the right finally catches up, and it's definately and undercover cop. A few limitter-bouncing downshifts later, the cop passes him, and gets in his lane immediately. Both of us at this point are shitting bricks, me mainly because I'd have to drive his ass around for another 6 months if he lost his license. Except instead of turning his lights on, the cop flashes hazzards, and rips it to about 120 or so. We were so shacken up, couldn't hold a can of soda without spilling it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #41
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

my twin bro did in a 99 328 back in the day but there were a lot of cars on the road...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:13 AM   #42
Desi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport X-Drive

Man, this thread almost made me try this today for no damn reason. I was reading this thread just before I went to work. At some point during the night, one of our drivers was beaten and car-jacked. The police plus the rest of the drivers were tracking the stolen vehicle and I just so happened to be in the area where it was last seen. I'm driving along, look in my rearview and see the ole' red and blues. I knew they were just going to check my license and registration, but for a moment I actually seriously considered running... for no reason at all

In the end, I got pulled over twice and tailed by the cops two other times in a 40min period today. That has got to be some sort of record.
      03-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #43
HiYo2o
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I have a story, doesn't seem all that great compared to some that i've read. I was going down the street going about 60 in a 35 zone, the street is usually empty. I passed a neighborhood and saw a cop camping right at the corner, and I was scared already, because I knew he had clocked me already. Based on my instincts I didn't even slow down I just made a quick right into the next neighborhood I saw, which was about 150 feet, after I saw the cop. Then I made another right, so I'm not visible to the street. As soon as I make the right I see in my rear view that the cop is driving down the street looking for me. Instead of parking like some of you guys did, I just made a 5 minute drive home become a 20 minute drive home. =]
      03-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #44
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

OT, but why don't off-duty cops pull more people over?

Just wondering. People drive recklessly all the time, I'm sure there are off-duty cops around, on their way to or from work.

I guess most don't really care enough.

Though, I've been pulled over by 1, once. Several badges flashed at me on the road, but they almost never do anything.
Appreciate 0