E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > sleep paralysis

11-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #45
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

This happened to me for the first (and hopefully the last) time last year.

It was the scariest thing I've EVER experienced and I thought I was going crazy.

I basically was sleeping when I felt what seemed to be little feet walking across my body. While "sleeping" with my eyes still closed I just ignored it and thought I would just roll over.

That's when shit got scary. I COULDN'T ROLL OVER. At that point I figured I was just tired and lazy and didn't put a lot of energy into rolling over. So I decided to do it again and when I couldn't move still that's when I freaked out. I felt like I was being pinned down by something super strong. I felt helpless. I thought I was being kidnapped or attacked by aliens and they had this spell over me which allowed me to be concious yet paralyzed. After what felt like 30 secs I was finally able to open my eyes and get up.

It didn't stop there.

As I looked around my dark room all I saw where ghost monster type people staring at me. I was flippin out!!!!

I started grabbing my pillows and chucking them at the "monsters" while in a complete panic. I then ran straight for the light and when I turned it on...everything stopped.

Literally the scariest thing I've EVER experienced. I couldn't go back to sleep because I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know if I seriously being abducted or what.

After about 30 mins in of complete paranoia I decided to go online and google phrases of what I felt or experienced and learned that what I went through is somewhat common and happens to mostly everyone at least once in their life. Supposedly you'll have it happen once or twice in your lifetime.

Scary shit. Period.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #46
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

happened to me when i was a kid once... not fun
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #47
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Ok, I have to chime in here. It's summer and I have the fan on. I fall asleep and I am in that partially aware state. Then I hear this awful buzzing sound. It's the kind of sound that scared the crap out of me. I KNEW there could be no good from it, so I wanted to wake up. As soon as I opened my eyes, the sheets sucked down around my body so hard I couldn't move or breathe, scream. Nothing. Scariest thing I have ever experienced. Once I woke up fully, the buzz faded into the fan blowing into my ear. No monsters, but my first thought was this has to be what abduction is like Damn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #48
LTO
Optometrist Prime
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
this usually happens when i'm super tired and fall asleep in the couch. i wake up and can open my eyes, but can't move. i use up all my strength just to get something, anything to move. once i do, then it goes away.
i always freak out because they say that there's a ghost on top of you. i've never seen anything like other people, but i always think about if i did, then i'd be screwed because i can't move. it happened to me once in class. it was kinda funny because i could see my classmates looking at me, but i couldn't say anything or do anything.
      11-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #49
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I actually experienced it once, then was able to self induce it right afterwards.

I do not sleep very well at all normally, and one night I woke up on my back with the normal heaviness on the chest sensation. I tried to breathe harder but couldn't, tried to roll over, but couldn't. Completely paralyzed. I didn't see any "ghosts" or things like that, but I did have a tingling sensation throughout my whole body as well as hearing an echo of my breathing, almost like you got water clogged in your ears.

I finally snapped out of it and it freaked the hell out of me. Then I laid back down on my back, and started to take really deep and slow breaths. My body started to relax, and I could feel my heart beat more than normal I normally could, then I started to get the tingly sensation again. After a minute or so of breathing I couldn't move again, but this time it only lasted about 5 seconds.
      11-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #50
Chewyjr15
1 addict and proud!
Rep
Drives: jb 135 on order

happens to me allot...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #51
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewyjr15 View Post
happens to me allot...
This.

I'm so use to it now. I don't even try to fight it anymore lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #52
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTO View Post
this usually happens when i'm super tired and fall asleep in the couch. i wake up and can open my eyes, but can't move. i use up all my strength just to get something, anything to move. once i do, then it goes away.
i always freak out because they say that there's a ghost on top of you. i've never seen anything like other people, but i always think about if i did, then i'd be screwed because i can't move. it happened to me once in class. it was kinda funny because i could see my classmates looking at me, but i couldn't say anything or do anything.
Yeah, I usually try to move and snap myself out of the state. Usually takes me around the same time to snap out though regardless of what I do.

I've always wondered if you had your eyes opened or closed. Sometimes I see things that aren't there, such as my room in a different configuration. I also used to have a friend that played games on my computer next to me and I try to yell something at him (only comes out to a muffled closed mouthed mumble), but he can't hear me. I'm hope that my friend would come check on me if I were bug eyed and mumbling paralyzed in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
This.

I'm so use to it now. I don't even try to fight it anymore lol.
I know what you mean... Used to happen to me multiple times a week in my college days. I got so used to it at that point that I just go with the flow 80% of the time. Most my dreams were pretty neutral and asides from the loss of control did not scare me. Only a few times did I become really paranoid.

One thing I was both curious about and scared by was the feeling that I could delve deep into my mind. I know it's a weird way to describe it. And on some of those trips I think I could see music almost. Totally weird. I was always scared to dive deeper into my mind. I haven't experience sleep paralysis for a few years now. I blame it on my bad sleeping habbits durring the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #53
Chewyjr15
1 addict and proud!
Rep
Drives: jb 135 on order

you really get used to it... happends when i smoke allot
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #54
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

I think you guys are full of shit.

This has never happened to me or anyone else in my immediate family.

11-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #55
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
I think you guys are full of shit.

This has never happened to me or anyone else in my immediate family.

You're absolutely right! Just because you haven't experienced it before can only mean it doesn't exist.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #56
chippy
Banned
Rep
Drives: ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
whaaaaaaaaat
this sounds insane
ive never had it happen to me
why aliens and ghosts tho? seems like a lot of people are seeing that in this thread
I love how your comments usually contribute little to nothing to a thread. It's always "omg that's insane" or some shit along those lines.

And yeah, I've had a fucking shitty monday so I'm using my alt account to vent.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #57
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy View Post
I love how your comments usually contribute little to nothing to a thread. It's always "omg that's insane" or some shit along those lines.

And yeah, I've had a fucking shitty monday so I'm using my alt account to vent.
lol, oh please
at least i was on topic

pretty gay to use a different account, creeper. now im interested to know who you are
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #58
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
You're absolutely right! Just because you haven't experienced it before can only mean it doesn't exist.
Pretty much, or anybody else I've ever talked to.

Sucks for you guys.

11-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #59
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

sleep fail
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #60
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Happened to me as well. Would be cool to record this shit on camera too.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #61
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Didn't realize this was such a common occurrence with everyone. I've waken in the middle of the night before, thinking there was someone in my room but i could not move, even though i was freaked out. It has happened enough times where i would realize now its just a hallucination and i would try to just fall back asleep.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #62
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

or, there really is someone there and they're fvcking with us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0