E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > fuel pump failuireeeeeeeeee

Closed Thread

11-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #45
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykno View Post

starting price 49k not as much as 335i more like m3's .. get things right before u talk. e92 328 cost more then the g37 and loses in everything performance interior etc.. now what?

edit: why dont u go have a mini meet in irvine with seminole at a motel 6 or something.. im sure you two will have lots of fun together
BMW 335i Coupe - $43,375
C6 Corvette - $49,415

So the price difference is about $6,000. You could've spent ONLY $6,000 more and gotten a car that could be called a Ferrari killer.

Now you can only brag about beating us lowly 328i and Civic Si guys. Man you really got the small bag of cheetos.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #46
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Why do Cheetos have to turn your fingers all fookin orange?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Because it's not economically viable to inject the flavor powder into the inside of the cheeto.

Duh.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #48
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Why didn't you get Fritos? The saltiness is higher, and you paid more for cheetos. How lame.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #49
sykno
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

[QUOTE=NewSong;3580151]
Quote:

BMW 335i Coupe - $43,375
C6 Corvette - $49,415

So the price difference is about $6,000. You could've spent ONLY $6,000 more and gotten a car that could be called a Ferrari killer.

Now you can only brag about beating us lowly 328i and Civic Si guys. Man you really got the small bag of cheetos.
spending 6k on pure performance on a 335 it can probably be right next to that car.. btw did u and seminole already meet up or what? butt buddies? YOU BETTER VOTE NO ON PROP 8..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #50
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Why didn't you get Fritos? The saltiness is higher, and you paid more for cheetos. How lame.
Fritos fill you up quicker. It's a fact.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #51
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:

spending 6k on pure performance on a 335 it can probably be right next to that car.. btw did u and seminole already meet up or what? butt buddies? YOU BETTER VOTE NO ON PROP 8..
On the track, even with $6k of performance parts, it would still be no contest. Your bag of cheetos would look very, very, small.

You should've bought Fritos.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #52
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

You know, there is something terribly ironic about you ragging on a car that you got as a loaner because your car failed.

328 > broken down car.

I believe that has been proven too.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #53
sykno
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
You know, there is something terribly ironic about you ragging on a car that you got as a loaner because your car failed.

328 > broken down car.

i would rather get my fuelpump failed and fixed then drive a 328 hands down. and its not like 328s dont have problems
and for ur info.. i never raged about a car i got as a loaner i simply stated my opinion and asked why people got it. want me to teach u how to read? or are u one of those mentally challenged people that can read but dont understand what ur reading. i started flammin after 2 butt buddies seminole and newsong started.. either way they are getting pissed at me for saying 328is arent worth it at the same time they're trying to make themselves feel better by saying 328is are better
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #54
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Smile

Quote:

328 > broken down car.

Did that equation take into account that his broken down car had a full bag of Hot Cheetos in the back seat?

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #55
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Because it's not economically viable to inject the flavor powder into the inside of the cheeto.

Duh.
My point exactly. Guess no one picked up on that....
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #56
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
i would rather get my fuelpump failed and fixed then drive a 328 hands down. and its not like 328s dont have problems
and for ur info.. i never raged about a car i got as a loaner i simply stated my opinion and asked why people got it. want me to teach u how to read? or are u one of those mentally challenged people that can read but dont understand what ur reading. i started flammin after 2 butt buddies seminole and newsong started
Well if I take you up on your offer to teach me to read, can you please, PLEASE PLEASE teach me how to type like a 3rd grader and act like one too? Will you throw in those lessons for free?!?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #57
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Did that equation take into account that his broken down car had a full bag of Hot Cheetos in the back seat?
Well it depends on whether you would like to be stationary with lunch only an arm's length away at all times, or if you prefer to drive your car to the store.

It's all a matter of personal opinion really.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #58
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

[QUOTE=sykno;3580131]
Quote:

starting price 49k not as much as 335i more like m3's .. get things right before u talk. e92 328 cost more then the g37 and loses in everything performance interior etc.. now what?

edit: why dont u go have a mini meet in irvine with seminole at a motel 6 or something.. im sure you two will have lots of fun together
??

I don't know about the US G37s, but up here in Canada, the G37s come in automatic only, except for the G37S which could be optioned to manual.

In automatic mode, to 100km/h the G37 is about as quick (perhaps a little quicker) faster than the 328 manual, which is what i choose to drive. The price of the G37 sport here makes it about as expensive as a 335, so at that point the question beggs itself.

The handling of a G37 is nowhere near as good as the 3 series. The interior of the G is not as well put together as that of a 3 series.

The manual of the G37Sport is not as good as the manual of the 3 series.

The brakes on the G are absolute unmittigated crap-lots of fade and premature wear.
While looks are indeed subjective, I find that the 3 series looks much better than the G.

Perhaps now you understand why I think I did much better in getting the 328?

BTW the last gratuitous comment made about about 2 other members of this forum was really stupid!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #59
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Well if I take you up on your offer to teach me to read, can you please, PLEASE PLEASE teach me how to type like a 3rd grader and act like one too? Will you throw in those lessons for free?!?
Only if you hand over a bag of flaming hot cheetos. Obviously.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #60
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Be carefull, those Cheetos are likely made in China and might contain unsafe quantities of melamine, just sayin'.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #61
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:

328i falls under in performance in its price category (not to mention.. ur car is like the lowest option.. and still paid high 30's.) if u dont need performance why not get a more luxurious car..better interior? can u mod a 328i without reaching the $$$ difference of a 335i stock and out perform it?
First, I already said I didn't pay in the anywhere near the high $30's. Try $34,000 before trade in and tax, so please shut up. Second, the 328 does NOT have less performance for its price in its category. C300, 2.0T A4, IS250, TSX... They all have less HP than the 328i (Though the C300 has 228hp and the 328 has 230hp so it is basically a wash). The only car with more HP at that price point is the G35. And even then the G35 is only half a second faster to 60 than a manual 328. Also the 328 out performs the G in the every other category of performance So I fail to see your point. I also don't get your point about luxury and the interior... The 335 has the EXACT same interior as the 328, so you are dissing your own car... Also maybe I like the 328's interior over all the others in it's class.

Quote:
more power than u need? why do u care if it has more power? its the same price as ur 328? bad gas mileage? how much more gas do u save on ur 328 than the g35 LMAO? basically what ur saying is u rather buy a small bag of hot cheetos for a dollar then a huge bag of hot cheetos for the same price.
maybe u dont like the g35..
I think I already said I don't like the G35's styling... Why would I care if it has more power? I don't need it so it doesn't factor into the decision. I don't care if I can beat the guy next to me to the next stoplight, I'm not immature like you apparently are.

Quote:
and by the way ur talking it jst seems like u couldnt afford he 335i keep mentioning 7k. now go cry more cuss u couldnt afford to get a 335i.. ur nothing but trash i apologized and u keep going.. didnt know my opinion hurt u so much.

I'm not going to go into how much money I have, that isn't my thing. People who feel the need to call others poor and show off usually are making up for their own insecurities be it financially or something else. But here is a little wisdom for you. Rich people don't stay rich by pissing all their money away... If I can get a car that has 95% of the performance of the 335 (Everything except straight line speed) for 75% of the price, why wouldn't I?

Also, I'm trash? I think you are doing a pretty good job of proving who really is...

Oh, and please learn how to properly quote somebody's posts.

EDIT: Oh, and since you seems to be on more performance for the same money shit with the G, why not buy a G37 for LESS than your 335 and get essentially the same performance? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
      11-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #62
sykno
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NewSong whatever floats ur boat man. u really swear like u ordered a 335i then canceled it cuss of hpfp issues u've been hearing about.. dont use that as an excuses... its more like hmmmm 328i and still live in my apartment or 335i and live in my car.. if flammin to make ur self feel better for wasting ur money on a high priced low performance/interior car then by all means keep flamminnnnnng

btw seminole i dont like my cars interior as well.. i didnt buy my car for the itnerior. i bought my car for the performance the speed. on the otherhand why did u buy ur car?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #63
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

hey guys, i think ur being a little hard on sykno here.......

Surely everyone can appreciate the question he posed. I sometimes have wondered why someone would buy an integra or civic or something, then spend $15k in mods to boost the hp....I ask myself why not put that 15k on a more powerful stock car? Of course I understand there are two sides to every story, and that there IS something to be said about tuning the crap out of any engine and enhancing performance....but I'm just one of those guys who would rather put the $$ towards a so called "better" car.....

With regards to sykno's comment, i've also wondered sometimes, why wouldn't someone just shell out the extra few $$ on an e92, as the 328 is not a cheap car by any means....and the driving experience of the 335 is just phenomenal compared to the 328 (imho). Or why not get the sports suspension. People ask me why didn't i get the 19s instead of the 189 18s......But again, of course there are valid reasons on both sides. And not that anyone here fits the description, but I think we can all agree that there ARE many ppl out there who buy a BMW (whether 1 series to 7 series) Mercedes, or Lexus simply because of the name, and they want to "pose", for lack of a better term. Again, let me reiterate, I'm not implying that any of the 328i owners here are of that type.....

hats off to all the 328 owners and your reasons, and my sympathies to all those e92 owners who have had HPFP failures....

Just take syknos comment as a rhetorical question, a benign comment really just meant to express how much he loves his e92......i would definitely feel the same way, and I wouldn't be trying to say, nor do i think that syknow was implying that everyone who owns an 328 is inferior........only your car is.....hahah...i'm KIDDING.....kidding people.....just kidding.....whether e90 or 92, NA or turbo powered, the 3 series is simply an awesome car to drive....

Jack Handey
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #64
sal501
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NewSong whatever floats ur boat man. u really swear like u ordered a 335i then canceled it cuss of hpfp issues u've been hearing about.. dont use that as an excuses... its more like hmmmm 328i and still live in my apartment or 335i and live in my car.. if flammin to make ur self feel better for wasting ur money on a high priced low performance/interior car then by all means keep flamminnnnnng

btw seminole i dont like my cars interior as well.. i didnt buy my car for the itnerior. i bought my car for the performance the speed. on the otherhand why did u buy ur car?
This thread is surely making it a bit easier to pass a slow Monday afternoon at work!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #65
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You're right. I could've gotten the 335i, but I'd have to give up Flaming Hot Cheetos. It wasn't worth it in the end for me. I love cheetos.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #66
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, e92 simply refers to the coupe, the 335 and the 328 sedans are both e90s. FYI.

The 328 is inferior in engine performance to the 335.

The 328 is not, imho, an "underpar" performer that no-one in their right mind would buy at the price it is offered.

That is what I think the OP implied and thus the resentment felt throughout this thread. Accusing people of stupidity is generally speaking a stupid thing to do
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread