E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Catless Smell *Fixed* (VRSF content)

03-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
SeanS54
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP

Catless Smell *Fixed* (VRSF content)

I have catless down pipes and a few weeks ago I picked up a VRSF exhaust.

I was full catless for a couple of weeks but the smell was getting to me. I picked up a 3.5" Magnaflow cat and had it welded on by a shop in Alameda.

The fumes are gone and the exhaust is a tad quieter, perfect for me.

I'm not too concerned about hp, I picked up this exhaust for the weight savings and the tone.

Notes about VRSF:
- Exhaust fitment is 95%
- Tips don't really line up regardless of adjustment (had it fixed by the shop)
- I pm'ed Tiago@VRSF a couple of times about the dissatisfaction with the tips and I didn't get a response (though I've seen a few posts from him so I know he's been on the forums). Bad customer service

Overall I'm happy with the exhaust considering it's price point.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
The tips are actually adjustable although the next revision will offer longer tips for a bit more adjustment. The tips will line up if the mid pipes sit a bit lower than most people would like. We're currently working on a revision to resolve both the low hanging issue and the mis-alignment. The revised mid-pipes will be free of charge for anyone who has purchased our catback from us in the past.

I'm not sure what you mean by PM's, the only PM I have from you in a few weeks was sent earlier today? Either way I PM'd you back
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Nice idea, op! maybe vrsf will consider adding a cat to their exhaust for those who have the same conerns as you. it still prob wouldnt increase the price too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
We're currently working on a revision to resolve both the low hanging issue and the mis-alignment.
moar details on this please lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
Nice idea, op! maybe vrsf will consider adding a cat to their exhaust for those who have the same conerns as you. it still prob wouldnt increase the price too much!
Once we have the piping revision made I'll see if it's a viable option or not to add a cat
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
CptJoe732
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 N54

Quote:
Once we have the piping revision made I'll see if it's a viable option or not to add a cat
Are you going to have any option without the muffler? For track days and wanting to wake up your neighbors? Along the lines of a straight pipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
mg4734
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJoe732 View Post
Are you going to have any option without the muffler? For track days and wanting to wake up your neighbors? Along the lines of a straight pipe.
Get electric cutouts, the single pipe should make that very easy to do space wise.
2009 E92 335i M-Sport - MHD Stage One - BMW Performance Exhaust - BMS Oil Catch Can - CDV Delete - K&N Panel Filter - Arc Angel H8 bulbs - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Painted Reflectors - VRSF Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJoe732 View Post
We've tested the rear section without a muffler and the drone was almost unbearable. I'd have to have them made in large volumes for them to be cost effective and I don't even know if we could sell as many to be honest
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
SeanS54
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
We're currently working on a revision to resolve both the low hanging issue and the mis-alignment. The revised mid-pipes will be free of charge for anyone who has purchased our catback from us in the past.
When will this be ready?

Quote:
You should make it an option for ~ $100 more. I would have paid extra for a cat.

Quote:
We've tested the rear section without a muffler and the drone was almost unbearable. I'd have to have them made in large volumes for them to be cost effective and I don't even know if we could sell as many to be honest
Can you make a rear section (y-pipe to two tips) without the muffler as an add on option? I would buy it just so I can swap it for track days.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

The cost effective way to solve the issue with making a straight piped exhaust, @Tiago@VRSF, would be to sell the exhaust minus the muffler section. Basically everything for piping and tips BUT the muffler area, that way if people want to do a custom rear section they can have a shop fab it up and add it in.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0