Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Options from dealer

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Tire Options from dealer

The dealer offered me a free set of tires because of some mishap. Currently, I'm at 7k miles, and in another 10k, I'll probably need new tires. What other options does the dealer have besides the runflat Bridgestones? I have 162s, and remember, this isn't talking about tires at delivery.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj335i View Post
The dealer offered me a free set of tires because of some mishap. Currently, I'm at 7k miles, and in another 10k, I'll probably need new tires. What other options does the dealer have besides the runflat Bridgestones? I have 162s, and remember, this isn't talking about tires at delivery.
It's not quite clear what you are asking. Is BMW covering this under warranty? Or is the dealer going to replace the tires? If this is a warranty claim with BMW, then I would assume you would be stuck with whatever BMW replaces them with. If the dealer is replacing them, I wouldn't think the dealer would be limited in what it could offer you other than with respect to the cost. Not sure that is terribly helpful but I think we need some clarification before we can be of more help.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoven View Post
It's not quite clear what you are asking. Is BMW covering this under warranty? Or is the dealer going to replace the tires? If this is a warranty claim with BMW, then I would assume you would be stuck with whatever BMW replaces them with. If the dealer is replacing them, I wouldn't think the dealer would be limited in what it could offer you other than with respect to the cost. Not sure that is terribly helpful but I think we need some clarification before we can be of more help.
No, this is not under warranty. They screwed up, so they decided to resolve the situation by offering me tires for the next time I need them. I don't think I want runflats again, so I was wondering if they had any other tires they normally use as replacements.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep

Yeah the RFT's suk. I bet they have no standard tire they offer as they probably don't offer to replace tires on a regular basis. I am assuming they are planning on replacing them with the OEM's but you might be able to request something different. Ask them to replace it with something of equal value and I bet they would do it. The best thing would be to call the dealership and ask. Just out of curiosity, how did they screw up?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the RFT's suk. I bet they have no standard tire they offer as they probably don't offer to replace tires on a regular basis. I am assuming they are planning on replacing them with the OEM's but you might be able to request something different. Ask them to replace it with something of equal value and I bet they would do it. The best thing would be to call the dealership and ask. Just out of curiosity, how did they screw up?
Yeah, I figured that much. I guess when the time comes, I'll ask them.

I brought my car in for warranty work, and when I pull into the dealership in the loaner car, I see my car fly by the dealership at full acceleration. I told them that I don't tolerate any joy riding in my car, especially by service technicians. So after some nasty emails from me, we decided that this compensation was adequate.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep

Unbelievable. You should demand the PS2's. So what happened, the dealership told you they would replace your tires when the wear out?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
nj335i
Modaholic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unbelievable. You should demand the PS2's. So what happened, the dealership told you they would replace your tires when the wear out?
Yeah, basically. I'm still angry that something like this happened, but I'm happy that they did something about it rather than just deny it.

Appreciate 0