E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tempted to change to a 335i....

02-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #23
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
lol.

Sounds like you're battling with an alter ego! Like Beyonce vs. Sasha Fierce
Is that like role playing. Just being me and honest.............and my food poisoning bug has gone so am feeling like myself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne71 View Post
By which time I'll be 40 and ready for an estate
Young man how dare you, life begins at forty............I would still like another Porsche Turbo before I'm fifty lol.

Oh you meant a M5 touring........with you now.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

No more "ring of fire" then

As for wayne71, why not wait it out, I thought there were rumours of an M3 Touring on the horizon
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #25
MPTREE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i m sport, manual

I changed form a 335d to a 335i just last week and loving the manual petrol ,more fun, more noise, real driver involvement, slamming down to third going around corners etc, I didn't do much of that in the auto diesel, although the torque in my remapped diesel was huge, but still left me feeling a bit bored !
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #26
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
An analogy: The 335d is a bloke who is good at sex but slightly predictable and lacks the intensity of those rare others who really make the juices constantly flow.
So basically we are boring cunts?

Find the car boringly quick and boringly easily to drive. I've found myself teasing the back end out on my commutes to have some fun because straight line speed is so easy.

I think that lures you initially but as a true petrol head the move to the dark side has to be a good one but you soon miss what you left behind.

It's a great car but i miss working an engine and hearing 6-8k. I'm actually looking at an m3 CS at the moment. I just can't figure out what i want but in the back of my mind i know the 335d is a brilliant compromise especially with the cost of motoring rising these days.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #27
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTREE View Post
although the torque in my remapped diesel was huge, but still left me feeling a bit bored !
Therein lies the rub.

Hugely impressive at that one thing....and then.....not much else.

Astonishingly, amazingly, fabulously, efficiently, competant in all respects, but.....

I was bored of my 535d very quickly also.

Yves
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

briers knows exactly where I am coming from.

How much is VED on the 08/09 dated 335i cars? The 335d is just a great combination of performance and efficiency but I miss working the engine, it's all soooooooooooooooo effortless...

As briers says, I miss knocking it down through the gears, building the revs on exit and hearing the engine wail...not sure maybe it's just a phase. I need to get my car back to the Alps, it was a lot of fun up there!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #29
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

Quote:
How much is VED on the 08/09 dated 335i cars?

£245.00.... Not that much more than diesel then.
Depreciation (like for like) is by far the biggest factor to consider for the two engine types, mpg & VED is just a side show.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #30
MPTREE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i m sport, manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesD View Post
Depreciation (like for like) is by far the biggest factor to consider for the two engine types, mpg & VED is just a side show.
So the key is....don't pay too much for one...do the diesel for a year or two...then go for a manual, both wicked cars

If necessary and common sense prevails, go back to the diesel,
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #31
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Unfulfilled? Stop confusing boredom with guilt!

Sad but true; subconsciously what you're really feeling is a deep seated desire to contribute your fair share. That big 'd just isn't getting you to the tax pump as often as you need and deep down there's a yearning to be free of the guilt, that corrosive emotion that your rather meagre contribution to Treasury coffers often generates in tax avoiders like yourself.

So why not go the whole hog, help cut the deficit, bail out the Coalition and get yourself an e90 M3? That big V8 drinks enough gas to keep even the most dedicated taxoholic happy and your guilt-free psyche will revel in the brilliant handling and sweet sounds of massed cylinders singing in harmony. Kick down, redline it in 2nd and 3rd then sit back, smug in the knowledge that you've just done your bit to save our healthcare system!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #32
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Given the new model 3 series due out soon, I doubt I'd be buying another E9x car. A the way fuel prices are going, I'd keep the soot burner.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:50 AM   #33
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Sad but true; subconsciously what you're really feeling is a deep seated desire to contribute your fair share. That big 'd just isn't getting you to the tax pump as often as you need and deep down there's a yearning to be free of the guilt, that corrosive emotion that your rather meagre contribution to Treasury coffers often generates in tax avoiders like yourself.

So why not go the whole hog, help cut the deficit, bail out the Coalition and get yourself an e90 M3? That big V8 drinks enough gas to keep even the most dedicated taxoholic happy and your guilt-free psyche will revel in the brilliant handling and sweet sounds of massed cylinders singing in harmony. Kick down, redline it in 2nd and 3rd then sit back, smug in the knowledge that you've just done your bit to save our healthcare system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Given the new model 3 series due out soon, I doubt I'd be buying another E9x car. A the way fuel prices are going, I'd keep the soot burner.
I think you're right creepy, says you with the M3

As for the E9x cars being dated, I couldnt afford to switch to a newer model anyway....well....technically we could afford it, however I couldnt possibly justify it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 04:32 AM   #34
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

I think you're right creepy, says you with the M3

Tell me about it Toxic, since buying it, fuel has gone up 20p a litre and the terrible state of our roads, makes me think the M3 could be my last indulgence.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #35
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
No more "ring of fire" then
Aye............feel the burn lol. Bit dodgy with the tongue out smilie though in this instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
So basically we are boring cunts?
LOL................no, dependable is more fitting I reckon.............with a touch of predictablility.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #36
Sandwich_Dan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ex-E92 335i

Quote:
With a higher revving petrol engine you have to "work" it a bit more, make it scream, to get the best out of it...I think that's what I miss...
It's fun when you're in the mood, but it's nice to have options when you're not.

I should know, I had an RX-8 before my 335i. It had a reasonable amount of power above 5000rpm but it only really did its stuff between 7000 and 9500rpm. Fantastic fun in the right circumstances, but very frustrating when you're not in the mood.
Appreciate 0