E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Something quite odd? ( not a HPFP thread)

08-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Something quite odd? ( not a HPFP thread)

So i have had the SES light on for about 5 months. I installed the o2 sim to late and i guess the ECU or whatever just kept it their without turning it off. Long story short i get in my car to get some coffee in the morning and the car was pulling horribly i bust out the datalogger and iam on map 0 for some weird reason so i switch it back to 7 and its all is good pulling like crazy again.

The next day me and the whole fam jump in the car and head off NYC, Upon starting the car i noticed WOW! the SES light is off. So i take off and the car is again pulling horribly, i was thinking to myself " maybe it is from all the weight in the car " then BAM! limp mode ( this is during 3rd gear wot). I pull over do the normal and the car is running fine again but still pulling horribly so i just stop going WOT. Until i get home pull out the datalogger and i was in fact on map7 so i take it for a ride ( on 65 degree night) and the car was pulling perfectly.

1. No long cranks
2. immediate fire up
3. idle is great no shuttering.

No boost leak either holding 15psi perfectly. Any suggestions?

Appreciate 0