E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SF Paint & Body Shop

09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

SF Paint & Body Shop

Hi all,

After five years on the East Coast I'll be moving back to San Francisco in a couple weeks. I was thinking about getting the M3 rep bumper for my e90 and wanted to know if there were any recommended auto body/paint shops within San Francisco or toward the south bay, specifically near Stanford that could paint and install my bumper for a decent price.

If I order from JGmods, their paint service is an additional $425, so I'm looking to see if that price is good or if there are better options.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

Please contact Tae at Domport autobody. Tell him lance sent you. He has done so many of our BMWs, great guy and great work. His shop is located at 362 fell st, san francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
Hi all,

After five years on the East Coast I'll be moving back to San Francisco in a couple weeks. I was thinking about getting the M3 rep bumper for my e90 and wanted to know if there were any recommended auto body/paint shops within San Francisco or toward the south bay, specifically near Stanford that could paint and install my bumper for a decent price.

If I order from JGmods, their paint service is an additional $425, so I'm looking to see if that price is good or if there are better options.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_taylor View Post
Please contact Tae at Domport autobody. Tell him lance sent you. He has done so many of our BMWs, great guy and great work. His shop is located at 362 fell st, san francisco.
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually pass by that shop on the way to the airport regularly. I'll give him a call once I get settled.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I actually pass by that shop on the way to the airport regularly. I'll give him a call once I get settled.
sounds good! he's actually installing an m3 front for my customer next week so he should know exactly what to do
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
PM me, and I will reply. I got a guy in San Francisco who does amazing work and can be EXTREMELY Competitive to $425. He can install as well. You can drop off the bumper and meet him in San Francisco and he can install.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Johnsonuspp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

SF Paint & Body Shop

Hey Lance My name is Greg I just bought a 2011 spacy Gray 335is and I was wondering if I could drop your name to Tae?? I bought an OEM M3 rear deck lid spoiler and I need it painted and installed. I also have painted front bumper reflectors and need them installed as well. I was hoping to get a good price on the paint and installation, from a reputed business known on the forum. If you dont want me to drop your name I understand. Thanks

Last edited by Johnsonuspp; 09-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: needed to add some things
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep

Looks like Domport cam back at $700 for paint and install. I might just have JG mods paint it for $425, pick it up and install myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Johnsonuspp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

joec500, could you please send me the number to your guy that does paintingand install jobs??? I just need my M3 OEM rear declk lid painted space gray and installed.
Appreciate 0