E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Meth Kit Install - Need a shop or a helping hand

06-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Meth Kit Install - Need a shop or a helping hand

So my shop doesn't want to install my meth kit for me and a couple of the usuall shops people goto aren't very experienced with these kits from what I hear.

Anybody want to recommend a place to goto?

If anyone is capable of doing it themself, I have no problem paying you a shop rate as long as you are confident in your work.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

What kit do you have? Dzenno does meth kit installs. He may be able to assist you.
      06-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Coolingmist CMGS with trunk mount... but thinking of switching to a WW kit with the JB4 FSB integration.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Coolingmist CMGS with trunk mount... but thinking of switching to a WW kit with the JB4 FSB integration.
The WW FSB kit should be very easy to DIY .. I'm about to do it myself, but I have a few bits of the kit still stuck with Canada Post...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
The WW FSB kit should be very easy to DIY .. I'm about to do it myself, but I have a few bits of the kit still stuck with Canada Post...
Yeah it seems easier to install if I don't find someone to help, that is why I was thinking of switching. But with something like meth I would rather have someone experienced tackle the job or at least be present at the time of install.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah it seems easier to install if I don't find someone to help, that is why I was thinking of switching. But with something like meth I would rather have someone experienced tackle the job or at least be present at the time of install.
With the FSB kit, all you are really doing is tapping your tank source, powering the pump, installing nozzle(s), connecting the various controller wires to their respective homes (jb4, pump, etc), connecting a few hoses, etc ..

Just make sure you test meth flow on map 1 .. before bumping up to map 3... I don't think much can go wrong if you do it that way. Some people have even attached their nozzle to the outside of the car, so they can visually see it flowing before installing into the elbow & upping boost.

Where are you mounting your injector nozzle(s)? On the stock elbow, or are you replacing with a aftermarket elbow (and also maybe charge pipe)?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
With the FSB kit, all you are really doing is tapping your tank source, powering the pump, installing nozzle(s), connecting the various controller wires to their respective homes (jb4, pump, etc), connecting a few hoses, etc ..

Just make sure you test meth flow on map 1 .. before bumping up to map 3... I don't think much can go wrong if you do it that way. Some people have even attached their nozzle to the outside of the car, so they can visually see it flowing before installing into the elbow & upping boost.

Where are you mounting your injector nozzle(s)? On the stock elbow, or are you replacing with a aftermarket elbow (and also maybe charge pipe)?
Yeah I realize that this install is much different then running meth lines under a car from the trunk, but just all the posts about meth and all the "OMG ITS SO DANGEROUS" talk on here has instilled some paranoia into my brain. I'm an overly OCD person and check everything a billion times to make sure its perfect. I think I took 7 attempts at remounting my front bumper in the perfect spot in the last month. I have no idea how many times I would keep checking the connections and how paranoid I would be using it.

The original plan was to use an aftermarket elbow, but now that I have 2 more chargepipes coming in the mail with the candapost strike ended, I'm thinking of just drilling a meth bung

Aftermarket meth elbow is the plan, I also spoke to a shop about drilling meth bungs into my new UR chargepipes since I have 2 new ones coming in the mail and decided I'd use one for the meth setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I realize that this install is much different then running meth lines under a car from the trunk, but just all the posts about meth and all the "OMG ITS SO DANGEROUS" talk on here has instilled some paranoia into my brain. I'm an overly OCD person and check everything a billion times to make sure its perfect. I think I took 7 attempts at remounting my front bumper in the perfect spot in the last month. I have no idea how many times I would keep checking the connections and how paranoid I would be using it.

The original plan was to use an aftermarket elbow, but now that I have 2 more chargepipes coming in the mail with the candapost strike ended, I'm thinking of just drilling a meth bung

Aftermarket meth elbow is the plan, I also spoke to a shop about drilling meth bungs into my new UR chargepipes since I have 2 new ones coming in the mail and decided I'd use one for the meth setup.
I think the elbow is the best nozzle location on our cars versus the charge pipe.

I have an ER charge pipe & elbow, and some meth components stuck somewhere with Canada Post. I'm kind of in limbo until that all arrives

If you're patient enough to wait, I'm happy to be the test pilot, and document everything!

I wouldn't pay much attention to the meth is dangerous crowd (if anything, it's much safer for your engine!). Just don't run 100% meth right away .. 50/50 is a great starting point, that way you're not going to be blowing anything up .. LOL!
Appreciate 0