E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Question about Stock Exhuast

09-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Wintermix
BMW Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Space Gray 335i Coupe 6MT

Question about Stock Exhuast

Hey guys,

So I got a Vanguard Performance exhaust installed on my 08 335i couple months back and I need to go back to stock since I plan on trading in my car soon. However, when I got my Vanguard exhaust installed, I couldn't take back the stock exhaust due to it's large size so I just gave it to the shop to scrap (probably dumb idea on my part, but nothing I could've done).

So my question is, how can I possibly get a stock exhaust now? I see people selling it on the forums but the problem is even if they ship it to me I have no way of transporting it to the shop to install for me since I don't have a truck.

Any of you guys in a similar situation previously that could give me some insight?

Also, just curious, how much would the dealer knock the price off if I were to trade it into the dealer with the Vanguard Exhaust?
      09-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermix View Post
Hey guys,

So I got a Vanguard Performance exhaust installed on my 08 335i couple months back and I need to go back to stock since I plan on trading in my car soon. However, when I got my Vanguard exhaust installed, I couldn't take back the stock exhaust due to it's large size so I just gave it to the shop to scrap (probably dumb idea on my part, but nothing I could've done).

So my question is, how can I possibly get a stock exhaust now? I see people selling it on the forums but the problem is even if they ship it to me I have no way of transporting it to the shop to install for me since I don't have a truck.

Any of you guys in a similar situation previously that could give me some insight?

Also, just curious, how much would the dealer knock the price off if I were to trade it into the dealer with the Vanguard Exhaust?
How about finding someone local to swap your Vanguard plus cash for a stock exhaust? Shouldn't be too hard.
      09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Wintermix
BMW Driver
United_States
Rep

wow i hadn't thought of that! that's a good idea! helps me sell my vanguard exhaust at the same time. so we would both have to take our cars into a shop at the same time to swap our exhausts then. i will def. make a post in the for sale section about this, thanks for the idea!
      09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Just have the person send the OEM exhaust to the shop you're going to have them install it, and then ship out your exhaust from the same shop.

If you wanna trade PM me.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Wintermix
BMW Driver
United_States
Rep

That works too, but given the size of the OEM stock exhaust, it's a hassle + $$ to ship. Let me try to find someone local willing to swap first before I resort to shipping. thanks tho.
      09-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermix View Post
wow i hadn't thought of that! that's a good idea! helps me sell my vanguard exhaust at the same time. so we would both have to take our cars into a shop at the same time to swap our exhausts then. i will def. make a post in the for sale section about this, thanks for the idea!
You're better off posting this in your regional forum. I'd go with the FS section for smaller items like tunes, intakes, etc.

And yes, swapping exhausts isn't terribly hard work, and shouldn't cost too much either. Just make sure you get a fair amount for ur vanguard