E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > wagner-tuning is now a proud sponsor on e90post

06-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaRTan8 View Post
We have in fact filed for a provisional patent and in the process of filing for a patent. The intellectual property is not filed under Helix13. The IP belongs to my business partner and I. We have dated literature for our stepped core design dating long before any intercooler of similar form factor was introduced to the market. This includes Forged.

The Wagner's intercooler form factor does infringe on the stated attributes within our patent descriptions. They are susceptible to US patent laws when selling or shipping into the USA. We do have recourse if we choose to pursue it.

That being said; our product is superior. Its vast sales and satisfied customers speak immensely on our account. Our single core design, smooth end tanks, and parabolic transitions into charge rows leaves imitators lacking.

Anthony Gennello
In intercooler is an intercooler. Good luck getting any deviation of such patented in the long run. Then, if you happen to get it, you will be in court for years trying to fight an overseas company and run out of cash to sustain the fight. No different than the stuff coming out of China so good luck.

Last edited by David1; 06-20-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #46
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaRTan8 View Post
We have in fact filed for a provisional patent and in the process of filing for a patent. The intellectual property is not filed under Helix13. The IP belongs to my business partner and I. We have dated literature for our stepped core design dating long before any intercooler of similar form factor was introduced to the market. This includes Forged.

The Wagner's intercooler form factor does infringe on the stated attributes within our patent descriptions. They are susceptible to US patent laws when selling or shipping into the USA. We do have recourse if we choose to pursue it.

That being said; our product is superior. Its vast sales and satisfied customers speak immensely on our account. Our single core design, smooth end tanks, and parabolic transitions into charge rows leaves imitators lacking.

Anthony Gennello
Not to challenge you or talk down on Helix (I have the Helix, I love the quality of the stepped core + how effective it is at fighting off heatsoak), but it's been 3 yrs since you guys called lawsuit (3/17/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
prior to MY designing the stepped core intercooler design, there was never a stepped core intercooler. another company has decided to copy the design for another platform and that may or may not fall in the intellectual property protection(doing fiscal damage to a US company) under the fair trade act. Friends of ours at another auto tuner have filed and WON levees against SS Autochrome for stealing their designs and marketing them as the same or similar to the "real" product. It seems we may have to get the paperwork reworded for OUR intellectual property...
And not to fuck over Wagner, but if you're gonna sue pull the trigger so you can start developing new N54 Helix stuff so I can spend some more money
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
NICK@WAGNER-TUNING
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjasper View Post
HPF's testing of their own product has little to do with Wanger's version of this style intercooler. The fact is, there is zero possibility that a pinch point will not restrict air flow. That is physics, not conjecture, and do we know that it is not going to worsen over time? Added together with the build/weld quality issues that have been discussed, paint adhesion, and patent-infringement issues, the Wanger's competitive attributes really boil down to that fact that it is a clip-on solution and a slightly cheaper version of the original. Oh and they look cool in black.
Well said Thanks!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #48
Velocity26
Resident old fart
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Jasper,

What HPF said was that the factory connectors do not reduce power at the flow rates that we can develop. If we were able to push 1,000 HP, we would have to upgrade everything to 4" diameter piping, but that is not necessary at what we can flow.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #49
NICK@WAGNER-TUNING
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post12191941
Appreciate 0