E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > what to do

05-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
badwolf340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

what to do

Hi guy's ,waiting on my new BMW E90 325d M-SPORT, now i am coming from a EVO IX with 410 bhp, and as I dont know much about the tuning side of these car's ,what is available ,and who does it ,and has anyone had their car upgraded (325 d).when I went on the test drive ,was very impressed how car drove .looking forward to getting it as I've got a few nice bit's ordered.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
Hi guy's ,waiting on my new BMW E90 325d M-SPORT, now i am coming from a EVO IX with 410 bhp, and as I dont know much about the tuning side of these car's ,what is available ,and who does it ,and has anyone had their car upgraded (325 d).when I went on the test drive ,was very impressed how car drove .looking forward to getting it as I've got a few nice bit's ordered.
Welcome.

There's a few people with chipped diesels on the forum. Not 325d's though (yet).

Plenty of simple options out there for remaps which should make a big difference. From what I have seen DMS Automotive are among the most professional (but expensive).

325d is no evo though ... but I guess you will appreciate a 15,000 mile service interval.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

My first service will be 22K looking at the OBC.
My 325d has been re-mapped by DMS, I`ve got to say though if your coming from an evo you`ll notice a huge drop even post re-map. While there`s plenty of torque to surge along on, during the mad moments when you really want to push it you`ll find yourself trying to squeeze every last breath from the engine. In reality it isn`t that slow (I`ve managed 0-60 in 5.9 timed with a G tech pro) the car just feels capable of a lot more. The limiting factor with tuning the 325d seems to be the small turbo, so if you`re comfortable with a bit more in depth modding I`d start here. For me `tho the 335d seems a much easier route to take.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
peppernick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 vert

Yep, a simple re-map will make the car pull noticably harder. However, diesels will never be nippy. The 335D is a better car to reap rewards from re-maps and a better all round car, is it too late to change your order?
      05-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
badwolf340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

thank's for the reply's, did not want to change the evo but bought two new R56's (cooper D ,MINI ONE) and saw a nice BMW up the back of dealership ,asked what it was ,320d M-SPORT , it had carbon pack on it and car was white ,absolutley stunning. went for a test drive and liked it . saw 325 and liked it better .will not miss servicing , tyre's ,V-power ,and the rest that goes with evo's..really liked the way the BMW drove ,and easy to get good mileage and diesel at any petrol station. :rocks:
Appreciate 0