E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How long for OEM BMW paint / clear coat to cure?

04-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

How long for OEM BMW paint / clear coat to cure?

Hi,

I picked up an old e90 for my wife for a very good price due to some cosmetic imperfections. One of which was a big scuffed area to the right corner of front bumper.

Following a guide on here I've sanded, primed, colour coated and clear coated it, blending it into the original paint. I used genuine BMW color coat and clear coat from the dealer, picture attached.

The result so far is actually quite good, the BMW color coat is an almost perfect match.

So my question is, does anyone know how long I have to wait with this paint / clear coat until I can wetsand / buff / wax etc to get that mirror finish? There is no guidance with regards to the instructions on the can and the dealer didn't know. ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You should wait around 2-3 weeks before you wash, polish, wax, etc. Hope this helps.

-Elliott
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott@DetailAddict
You should wait around 2-3 weeks before you wash, polish, wax, etc. Hope this helps.

-Elliott
Thanks Elliot, thought that might be the case.
Appreciate 0