E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > what happened to user ******?

09-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

what happened to user ******?

Hey guys, anyone know what happened to ******? He was the one that was offering to help people with coding for a small fee. My guess is that he was making money on this forum without paying (aka becoming a sponsor)

Anyone who has been helped by him please give me some reviews on his service.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
jc_bmw
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

if you want to learn for free check this out http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859474
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post
Hey guys, anyone know what happened to ******? He was the one that was offering to help people with coding for a small fee. My guess is that he was making money on this forum without paying (aka becoming a sponsor)

I will let him know you want to contact him. What is your email?

He has never set anything up for me but I have heard he does a great job and his fees are reasonable. Anytime I have posted a question that he can answer on the forum he has done so promptly. It is unfortunate that they banned him because he was a great help to many on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Per Hansson
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i F31 '18

I have never paid him for help but he's always been very helpful via PM's.
I think this is atleast the second time he is banned from this site...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

cool cool thanks for the response, I wanted him to help me configure and set everything up. The fee that he's charging is very reasonable. I just want to make sure that he wasn't banned because of being shady or a scammer. But from what it seems, it's pretty safe to say that he was making money and bimmerpost wants a piece of that.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Do you have his contact info?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate5ks View Post
Do you have his contact info?
yeaa I already got his info, thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #8
cyrano
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: E61 530XD chipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post

The same what happend with user ******* and shadow
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
Turkish Mafia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i (6/2007)

There was another user looking for help with regards to coding and was trying to get in touch with ******. I just want to post here what I have previously sent him, in case anyone finds it helpful:

"You will need the following to code:

1) Here is the single post that I used to set my software up: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145

One tip is that I would read through that WHOLE post. There are some key posts that will make your life easier, regarding the set up. I believe there are also some minor, but important, modifications to the instructions.

2) After you have the software set up, in the same post there is a PDF "DIY PDF Format." Use this to learn how to code. Note: the last few steps show you how to code for the "digital speed on cluster."

When you're at this step, it tells you to select "CAS" from the list. This isn't entirely correct. It should be under KOMBI. Don't worry if this doesn't make sense now, it will once you have things set up.

3) Lastly, in the same post, is a spreadsheet that is a key showing how to mod specific things. Once you've got a handle on things, this will be your go-to.

Oh and earlier in the same post, people are talking about how the software doesn't work in 64-bit operating systems and how you have to set up a VM running 32-bit. This is false (it was only true for earlier versions). So, don't worry about this. I did all this on 64-bit Windows 7. If you have Windows 8, I'm not sure about that one.

Also: The files you'll be working with will be "Program Files" found in that link I sent you. The video he has up there is extremely helpful. I would watch it once, read through that whole thread, then watch it again keeping in mind the modifications you'll have to make. "
Appreciate 0