E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > CPO pricing question

07-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #23
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm2008 View Post
Was it a CPO?
Yup, you bet it was.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #24
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Really? Why did the dealer sell it so cheap?
Galves Market Ready Value would come pretty close to the OTD price you got.

Is you car a Demo or Service loaner?
The dealer name is:
Hassel BMW @ Freeport, NY

I swear, this is probably the best dealership on Long Island, if not NY!

I believe the prices are what they are is because when you get there, you "cannot" negotiate any further. When I went, the CA was like "this is already marked down...see, this is what it would originally cost if we put it up like other dealers do"

So, I made them a reasonable offer. They asked 24500 for it on the website. I said 23000, take it or leave it. hehe

Nah, it was neither a demo or a service. HOWEVER....

In the new sales department, they had a premium pkg 09 328(x?)i fully loaded with everything and they advertised the price online to be 31k. But, it was a demo vehicle with like 5000 miles. Just for kicks, I got them down to 28.5k

Last edited by WingZeroX5; 07-21-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo` View Post
Well, I found the perfect car, 2007 CPO AW 328i Manual with 23000 miles, Sport, premium, cold weather, logic 7, ipod, and xenon lights. Dealership was asking 25950.

My first offer was 23000 out the door. The sales manager came 500 off the list price. I told them good luck and I'd call them back at the end of the month.

Hate to let go of the perfect car but according to Galves that car should not be anywhere near that price.
I just sold a nearly identical car for 24850 without sport, cold weather or ipod, we switched over to a Carmax structure and people still want to negotiate, the price I sold it at was somewhere between 1000 and 2000 profit, at a BMW dealership they should average 1800 on a used car to stay in business and come out ahead. Cars are selling higher at auction if that's where they bought it because new car sales are lighter, just a thought. If it's their "Internet Price" they may be like us, no negotiating.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
BMW328E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: pre-E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post

Lesson for the buyers like us would be, look at as many cars as possible which match the criteria. also depends on how dynamic and competitive the market around you is.

Find a car that has not been worked on TOO MUCH to CPO it, you save the money that way because in the end you pay for all those costs incurred.

Also, some dealers like to keep the new arrivals at a higher price in the hope they will make better profits on them, and sometimes they succeed, other times the price of the car drops depending on its sitting time in the inventory, and that may be the right time to make a move, from a buyers perspective. Dealers would try to get as much from a CPO, it is where there profit on used cars lie, and they do have to make every deal profitable, some by lesser than others.

special thought.

well done!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #27
s2k_335i
This is it!!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i without meth

Try to go at the end of the month and late on Saturday. Some times they want to close the book and they will willing lower the price.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #28
jferrell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda3

Also consider your search area and specificity of the car you want. I have had customers call looking for the car I have from half the country away, tell me the specific build they want and we have it then try to compare it to something completely different when it comes to price. Be flexable if price is your biggest concern, but if the asking price is within your budget I don't see a problem paying a premium if you'd found the product you want.
Appreciate 0