E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > question about the spreadsheet.

11-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

question about the spreadsheet.

I see a lot of options that are not available on the 2006 e90 according to the spreadsheet. If I have the option in the module is it safe to enable it? Or even add it as a new line?

I'd like to enable the auto-lock when driving off, and dim on/off of some of the exterior lights such as angel eyes and fog lights.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

In for knowledge
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Peertwelve
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
I see a lot of options that are not available on the 2006 e90 according to the spreadsheet. If I have the option in the module is it safe to enable it? Or even add it as a new line?

I'd like to enable the auto-lock when driving off, and dim on/off of some of the exterior lights such as angel eyes and fog lights.
Have you tried to enable auto lock on the stalk? If its not available there then the code probably won't work? I suppose you could try to enable codes and then roll back with expert mode if they don't work. Good luck!

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peertwelve View Post
Have you tried to enable auto lock on the stalk? If its not available there then the code probably won't work? I suppose you could try to enable codes and then roll back with expert mode if they don't work. Good luck!
From what the dealer tells me, that menu in the wiper stock is disabled on Canadian vehicles. I read about in the owner's manual, but can't access it. I think it's because the menu contains the option to disable daytime running lights which is required on vehicles up here. So they just disabled the entire option from the menu.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

If it downloads from your car and is an option, but not on the spreadsheet, you can enable it. There is a good chance it will not work though.

This is because it may have another module (that hasn't been discovered yet) that is required to be enabled or disabled for it to work.

I would recommend that if you enable it, and it doesn't work to revert back to the old value for the sake of consistency (as you do not know if it will effect anything else).

If the option is not downloaded, adding it will do nothing unless you add it as a VO option in the car. This is more for advanced users and obviously you do not want to add a VO to your car unless you have actually fitted that option.

I believe it will throw an error if you try to flash an invalid option to the car, I may be wrong. (Not 100% certain if the car error checks the file whilst its getting coded, although I have seen error codes in the dictionary that would show otherwise)
Appreciate 0