E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 6FL Memory Stick and Mp3 Playback issues

07-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
GameGod
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Question 6FL Memory Stick and Mp3 Playback issues

Hi,

I can playback mp3 files from my USB memory stick (8 GB/PNY Attache) fine. The problem seems to be that the car "forgets" what song it was playing. This seems to happen everytime I take the fob out of the dash. This doesn't happen on mp3 CD's. I don't remember it happening on a previous smaller (4 GB/PNY Attache) memory stick.

Is anybody else seeing this issue?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
rocoT
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M-Sport

I have a 16GB USB flash drive and it remembers the song position.

Only problem I have is the FM switching issue.
      07-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
GameGod
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocoT View Post
I have a 16GB USB flash drive and it remembers the song position.

Only problem I have is the FM switching issue.
Thanks. And it remembers the song position even after you take the fob out of the dash right?

I don't have the FM switching issue, though occasionally, the car won't detect the memory stick, and I have to unplug and plug it back in. This usually happens after its been off overnight.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
rocoT
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M-Sport

yep the only reason I know this is that when "FM switching" happens to me, the USB flash is no longer connected...I have to unplug/plug-in and it continues on as normal....a massive pain in the ass!!
      07-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
GameGod
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocoT View Post
yep the only reason I know this is that when "FM switching" happens to me, the USB flash is no longer connected...I have to unplug/plug-in and it continues on as normal....a massive pain in the ass!!
I wonder if this is to do with the number of files/folders. I would really appreciate it if you could determine how many files/folders you have on your memory stick. When I had a 4 GB stick, I don't remember having this issue. It seems to have started only with the 8 GB stick that's almost 90% full.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0