E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Accident :(

03-22-2014, 12:46 AM   #23
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Plan on at least $8000 in repairs. Thats what my accident in my 328 ran me. Got run off the road into a guard rail and smashed up my passenger side door and fenders. Because the rear fender is welded in under the paint, they had to pull the shell off and replace that which really jacked up the cost. Thank god for insurance. Glad you're ok and they caught the other asshat.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #24
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hit and run, accessory to a hit and run, falsifying statements, lying to an officer, leaving the scene of an accident...those other two could get hemmed up real nice.

Sorry about the accident, man. Hope it all gets taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #25
IBC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDecals View Post
Damn, sounds so shady. Good luck OP
Everything was shady for me. First time in an accident and I hope its the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBMW View Post
I ended up throwing away all of the doors from my E90 parts car, no one wanted to buy them, not even for $50 each.
My doors are not that bad well the back door has a few scratches.
Maybe I could sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
Plan on at least $8000 in repairs. Thats what my accident in my 328 ran me. Got run off the road into a guard rail and smashed up my passenger side door and fenders. Because the rear fender is welded in under the paint, they had to pull the shell off and replace that which really jacked up the cost. Thank god for insurance. Glad you're ok and they caught the other asshat.
Yea man that was expensive.! I'm glad I have insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryshortbloke View Post
Hit and run, accessory to a hit and run, falsifying statements, lying to an officer, leaving the scene of an accident...those other two could get hemmed up real nice.

The only thing that I know they got, was a ticket for failing to yield.

Sorry about the accident, man. Hope it all gets taken care of.
Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #26
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC
Sorry for not explaing myself right. The guy that hit me. Stoped and he called the cops. Cops took a while. While we waited, some friend of the guy that hit me pulls up. He then gets off, the original driver gets in his friends car and leaves. The friend stays as if he was driving the car. Afterwards police tells me both might get arrested.
That driver might be drunk. Why did he leave. I think you should talk to a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #27
sysu
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
That driver might be drunk. Why did he leave. I think you should talk to a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #28
DOMs335D
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I hope you got what you deserve out of this
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
IBC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
If I talk to a lawyer maybe I'll make a huge deal out of it
Right now I just want my car fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
I hope you got what you deserve out of this
I hope so man. As of right now I'm just waiting on the insurance to give me a call, so I could get my car fixed.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
. A little over a year ago some old drunk lady backed into my car.
Those 30 yo's should learn to be more careful
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #31
cnguyen84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Good luck OP!

I learned something with this. Take pictures and video footage after the accident (if possible) to document the scene and to document the driver and his car.

I recently purchased a dash cam for $50 bucks. I hope to never use this but this will come in handy for a situation like this. I think you all should also consider a dash cam. Insurance companies, IMO, should give discounts for dash cams. BTW, no laws against recording audio and video in public places. Just FYI.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjam View Post
Was the guy under the influence by any chance? Maybe thats why he left the scene and had someone else in his place?
that is exactly what came to my mind, the guy run to cover up something and that should be your main point, I still believe he should have remained on the science till cops show up which he failed, then good chance for hit and run case. Get some legal advise, ask your insurance what can they advise you etc. Hope you have some pictures of where you have stopped and where the other car was, that always helps
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #33
IBC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnguyen84 View Post
Good luck OP!

I learned something with this. Take pictures and video footage after the accident (if possible) to document the scene and to document the driver and his car.

I recently purchased a dash cam for $50 bucks. I hope to never use this but this will come in handy for a situation like this. I think you all should also consider a dash cam. Insurance companies, IMO, should give discounts for dash cams. BTW, no laws against recording audio and video in public places.

Just FYI.
I thought about the same thing man! Where did you purchase your dash cam?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes View Post
that is exactly what came to my mind, the guy run to cover up something and that should be your main point, I still believe he should have remained on the science till cops show up which he failed, then good chance for hit and run case. Get some legal advise, ask your insurance what can they advise you etc. Hope you have some pictures of where you have stopped and where the other car was, that always helps
I agree with you. The funny thing is that the guy that ran from the scene. Told the owner of the car he borrowed and the insurance agent, that he had talked to me and there was no reason for me to file a claim. Because me and him had agreed that he would fix my car out of his pocket.
funny people.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #34
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC View Post
Thanks

I agree with you. The funny thing is that the guy that ran from the scene. Told the owner of the car he borrowed and the insurance agent, that he had talked to me and there was no reason for me to file a claim. Because me and him had agreed that he would fix my car out of his pocket.
funny people.
So what have you done about this accident?
Did you contact your insurance? His insurance? Get police report?

If you got a police report stating the other driver is a fault, then take it to your insurance. They will fix your car and bill the other guy's insurance.

If you dont want to wait to get your car fixed, make a claim under your insurance. You will pay deductible, they will refund you once the accident's fault is determined.

IMO lawyer is only needed if the other guy didnt have insurance.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #35
cnguyen84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBC View Post
I got the camera from an Amazon seller (link below). It comes from China in about 3 weeks. Costs $53 (Model G1W). This is the best for the money --- I've done a lot of research. There are lots of counterfeits but this seller has lots of good reviews. Personally, the one I got from this seller works perfectly and is not counterfeit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #36
IBC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
So what have you done about this accident?
Did you contact your insurance? His insurance? Get police report?

If you got a police report stating the other driver is a fault, then take it to your insurance. They will fix your car and bill the other guy's insurance.

If you dont want to wait to get your car fixed, make a claim under your insurance. You will pay deductible, they will refund you once the accident's fault is determined.

IMO lawyer is only needed if the other guy didnt have insurance.
I have filed a claim already(under the guys policy), today an insurance adjuster checked the damages on my car and now just waiting to get my car fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnguyen84 View Post
I got the camera from an Amazon seller (link below). It comes from China in about 3 weeks. Costs $53 (Model G1W). This is the best for the money --- I've done a lot of research. There are lots of counterfeits but this seller has lots of good reviews. Personally, the one I got from this seller works perfectly and is not counterfeit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks a lot!!
Appreciate 0