E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > BMW Performance Intake

09-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #67
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

By the way, dtm@heart, put it up on ebay, I can guarantee you will get MORE than 300 bucks for it as the cheapest your can find this intake is about 750.00 new. Just clean it up, put some armor all on it and take like 6 good pictures. You will have it sold within a week and at a higher price than you are getting in here. Just make sure to demand payment at the end of the auction and no bidders with less than 3 positive feedbacks.

Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #68
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm@heart View Post
Still available. It will fit any e9x NA motor to my understanding. I didnt notice any improvements in economy, but also didnt notice any decrease.
I think it will not fit to regular NA air box, I have E90-07 328i and the air box is different. I'm stuck with parts which will not fit on my car....We all learn. BTW, I did remove it, the picture is just for me trying different options.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #69
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterba View Post
I think it will not fit to regular NA air box, I have E90-07 328i and the air box is different. I'm stuck with parts which will not fit on my car....We all learn. BTW, I did remove it, the picture is just for me trying different options.
What you have pictured is the factory airbox for non turbo cars up to at least 09'

You tried to install the GM Performance Upper Air Snorkel to a standard airbox = not gonna fit as you see.

He's selling the entire performance intake which includes a new airbox, lid, and that cf snorkel that you have. You would remove your factory airbox and install this instead = everything fits correctly

[/QUOTE]
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #70
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
What you have pictured is the factory airbox for non turbo cars up to at least 09'

You tried to install the GM Performance Upper Air Snorkel to a standard airbox = not gonna fit as you see.

He's selling the entire performance intake which includes a new airbox, lid, and that cf snorkel that you have. You would remove your factory airbox and install this instead = everything fits correctly

[/quote]
Oh, I didn't know he is selling the air box too. It is on the bottom of his picture. Sorry. In this case it is much worth more than what some members are offering. Too bad, If I'd known I'd buy it before I bought this kit. Now I must shop for Euro-air box...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #71
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Just as an FYI (and I hate to be the bearer of bad news), but the CF GM Performance Upper Snorkel you have that is shown in your pic will NOT match up to the Euro Airbox Lid either

The Euro Airbox Lid has the exact same size opening to accept that snorkel that your existing airbox shown in your pic does. The GM Performance Snorkel has a much bigger opening and hence mates to a bigger opening in the GM Performance Airlid.

Look at how big the parts are where they meet in his pic above. Now look at my old factory airbox with the original snorkel:

Now here is my car with the Euro Airbox I recently installed:

The CF Upper Snorkel on my car is not the same GM Performance version you have. It is the factory snorkel that has been wrapped in CF - so it fits correctly. At this point, you can either get the Euro Airbox setup, but you will have to use your old upper snorkel, or you can still get the CF one I have @ $99 - or you will have to buy the entire GM Performance Airbox as he is selling & then you will have an xtra CF GM Performance Upper Snorkel.

So basically, the CF Snorkel you have will not work with factory airbox or Euro Airbox - ONLY GM Performance Airbox
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #72
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Just as an FYI (and I hate to be the bearer of bad news), but the CF GM Performance Upper Snorkel you have that is shown in your pic will NOT match up to the Euro Airbox Lid either

The Euro Airbox Lid has the exact same size opening to accept that snorkel that your existing airbox shown in your pic does. The GM Performance Snorkel has a much bigger opening and hence mates to a bigger opening in the GM Performance Airlid.

Look at how big the parts are where they meet in his pic above. Now look at my old factory airbox with the original snorkel:

Now here is my car with the Euro Airbox I recently installed:

The CF Upper Snorkel on my car is not the same GM Performance version you have. It is the factory snorkel that has been wrapped in CF - so it fits correctly. At this point, you can either get the Euro Airbox setup, but you will have to use your old upper snorkel, or you can still get the CF one I have @ $99 - or you will have to buy the entire GM Performance Airbox as he is selling & then you will have an xtra CF GM Performance Upper Snorkel.

So basically, the CF Snorkel you have will not work with factory airbox or Euro Airbox - ONLY GM Performance Airbox
Thank you for your input. You are absolutly right. I also have a lid for Euro-box which fits my snorkel, but it is made in china so I don't think the fit will be exact. It also doesn't have the extention for the lid to suck cold air from windshield wipers area. So basicaly because I wanted to save few bucks I have all kinds of non fitting parts. But the good part is that I can put it on the back burner and learn from it. Your snorkel looks great. My idea was the same, just to improve the look of the snorkel, CF Snorkel looks amazing. I will think about your offer. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #73
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
NVM on my offer.

But due to your rude response - Trying to get more then half on a USED product. That's funny. Considering your price is $150 less then brand new, unsealed is even funnier.
BMW = expensive...BMW != stupid
You're just dumb as all hell if you think a second hand high end product only fetches 50%. You didn't need to retract your "offer," it was rejected when I didn't read it. GTFO.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #74
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
This intake will really increase your power from about 4000 rpms on. It is designed to increase air flow and horse power, NOT be a rice burner mod. Seriously, you want something noisy and look like a dork? Buy a honda, put CHEAP Chinese exhaust on it and then stick an ebay intake that does nothing but cause back pressure and create noise!

The BMW performance parts are designed to add power with CLASS to your BMW vehicle. They don't make their parts to just be "noisy". But if you do want more sound, then put on the OEM performance exhaust (about 900 on ebay from Morristown BMW), this will create a very throaty exhaust note AND add horsepower.

Engineers don't create REAL performance parts just to make noise, they create the parts to increase flow and add horsepower (noise is sometimes a byproduct). I laugh my ass off at people that put cheap shit on their cars just to make them "sound" better. When someone does that, they draw attention to their car to be a performance vehicle and when they get SMOKED in a 0-60 run they look like idiots because their car makes noise but doesn't go anywhere.

IF you are going to add parts that DO make noise on your car, BACK IT UP with REAL performance parts that are going to do more than just draw false attention to yourself. You will be happier in the long run and people won't laugh at you from their rear view mirror!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
By the way, dtm@heart, put it up on ebay, I can guarantee you will get MORE than 300 bucks for it as the cheapest your can find this intake is about 750.00 new. Just clean it up, put some armor all on it and take like 6 good pictures. You will have it sold within a week and at a higher price than you are getting in here. Just make sure to demand payment at the end of the auction and no bidders with less than 3 positive feedbacks.

Good luck...
Thanks Mike for clarifying. This is a complete kit, not just an intake scoop. Christ people do homework. I'm gonna take this to a new thread when I'm able to maintain it better, or put it on ebay where people have a little more sense lol. Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #75
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Quote:
You're just dumb as all hell if you think a second hand high end product only fetches 50%. You didn't need to retract your "offer," it was rejected when I didn't read it. GTFO.
LOL. Can I apply your theory to the resale value of my car? Cause I would sure as hell love to be able to sell my 2006 at more then 50% of the original cost.

Items that have a limited lifespan depreciate in value and yes more then 50% even if it's high end.

Quote:
You didn't need to retract your "offer," it was rejected when I didn't read it.
You rejected my offer without reading it? No wonder you've been having a hard time selling your product since June..or is it because your price is too high. You have willing buyers but not at your price.

Quote:
GTFO.
Guess I'm still here.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #76
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep

Will a mod please close this garbage dump? This kid ^ told me hes just going to start a diary or blog to vent his inability to afford this intake, instead of doing it here. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #77
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will a mod please close this garbage dump? This kid ^ told me hes just going to start a diary or blog to vent his inability to afford this intake, instead of doing it here. Thanks.
Show evidence where "this kid" told you anything of the sort. Since you can't, because there isn't, keep your liable remarks to yourself.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #78
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Show evidence where "this kid" told you anything of the sort. Since you can't, because there isn't, keep your liable remarks to yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Hey, just some basic guidelines to help keep this section as usable as possible for everyone.

1: Please respect sellers. Meaning if someone is selling an item, don't chime in with random comments about how their item sucks, or is overpriced, etc. If the item really is overvalued, etc, then the marketplace will correct that (ie. he won't be able to find a buyer). This does not mean you cannot bargain, by all means bargain for what you want, but this is different from trying to ruin a person's for sale thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #79
misterba
Milan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #80
wolfpack2013
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:

Anyone with half a brain would be able to understand the sarcasm. Nice one furby.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #81
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_shaban View Post
Anyone with half a brain would be able to understand the sarcasm. Nice one furby.
Sorry, I purchased the full brain model, not half brain one. I like the extra hp
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #82
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

holy shit. you low ballers need to get a life and GTFO. If you don't like the price, don't post...it's not like the seller is going to drop the price drastically so you can afford it.

You got to pay to play.
      10-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #83
BimmerRob
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F36 435i xDrive

Quote:
Sorry, I purchased the full brain model, not half brain one. I like the extra hp
your brain runs like a honda civic. this is a bimmer forum

2010 e92 Mojave Metallic - farewell old friend /2013
2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe Sparkling Brown | Cocaine White interior | JB4 | BMS Intake | Wagner Intercooler Evo I | VRSF Downpipes | ER Chargepipes
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #84
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep

SOLD this quality piece to an intelligent respectful buyer.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #85
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 sparkling graphite

Wow, Finally Sold.. Congrats~!
      11-18-2010, 03:50 AM   #86
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
yayyyyyyy
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #87
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
come to think of it, i can't believe i read all 4 pages of this bickering and bantering
Appreciate 0